Something A Little Different

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00738.jpg

DSC00737.jpg

Finally finished my Saiga conversion. Took a couple of months as I had purchased a "Vodka Special" and had to send it in for factory repair.

Parts:

K-Var NATO stock

ATI Strikeforce PG

FSE Recoil Pad

Tromix FCG

Saigatech Triggerguard

KA Tappet

25% Mainspring

Gunfixer Plug

Poly Choke

AGP Mags

My final step was to have it refinished in Digital Camo for the furniture and mags with a Carbon Fiber pattern for everything else. It was then finished off with a very nice total rubberized finish. It feels and looks great. This was done with a relatively new "Water Dipped" process. It turned out great and the company that did it guarentees the finish for life. They did a great job and were very helpful in customizing it just the way I wanted. Jon & Chuck are the best. H2O Imaging is their site and they have dozens of different finishes available. I did one Mag in a Skull Pattern. I wonder how the skulls would look on the gun itself??? It looks great.

Yes that is the process. These guys were great to work with as this was their 1st Saiga. I just got it back yesterday and I haven't paid them yet. They are a located about 35 miles from me and they wanted to make sure that I was pleased with the results before we settled up. I am guessing it will be a little over $200.00. As for prep, they did it all disassembly and reassembly. I mentioned that if there was an interest on our forum that they might consider offering a special deal for Saiga Forum members or better yet becomming an official sponsor. A couple of guys started this about 2 years ago and they are really expanding. They do nice work. They are open to new ideas and I think that it would be less expensive if I sent them disassembled parts and reassembled it myself. I will be sending them more of my Mags as they turned out great. I want to experiment with some different patterns. Skulls on a drum would be killer.

Edited by jfpetesn

Your S12 looks great, congrats.

I just got done checking out their site, very cool stuff. I am interested.

With the rubberized finish will you have the safety lever scratch on the receiver; also can you use any cleaner on it (like gunzilla)? May have over looked those details.

The skulls on your mag look dope; I dig their Cambodian camouflage too.

Yes I think over time there will be a safety lever scratch. It is just there slightly now but I think it will return soon. I believe cleaners will not hurt it but I will check on that. I first ordered the cambodian camo but Chuck said that they had a brand new skull pattern so I said lets give it a try sight unseen. I think the bigger skulls look better on the Mags but the cambodian would look great on the gun itself. They said that the finish is as durable as the finish on your car.

Time will tell as to durability. They do give a lifetime warranty for what it is worth. Seems good if not abused. Certainly better than the stock finish or spray paint. Tried duracote to the triggerguard but I had it scratch pretty easy. Probably not as durable as hot blueing.

I first saw this process on OCC Choppers. They did a whole bike. It was sick. If I were to ever put a pattern on a gun, this would be how I'd do it.

which digital cammo did you use? they have like 4 or 5 different kinds.

Edited by AtlSaiga

That is one of the single, most amazing finishes I have ever seen on ANY firearm. I'm usually not much for camo paint schemes on guns, but that is stunning. :up:

The carbon fiber look on the receiver and the barrel just set it off, too.

Edited by TR Young
That is one of the single, most amazing finishes I have ever seen on ANY firearm. I'm usually not much for camo paint schemes on guns, but that is stunning. :up:

The carbon fiber look on the receiver and the barrel just set it off, too.

Exactly my sentiments as well.

I am not into that style but it looks really good. The more I look at it I begin to want something like that too.

Congrats on a kick ass Saiga

Z

Edited by TX-Zen

Thank you very much for the comments. It really grows on you truely the more you look the more you want with this one. I am really growing fond of the rubberized finish. It just feels great in your hands. I am really proud of it and put alot of thought into it. I wish I could take credit for the color choices on the finish but it was a collective process. There was so much to choose from. I knew I wanted the carbon fiber so that was my pick. I finally just left it in their hands and told them to "just make it look sharp." The rest is history. They were great to work with. Now I wish I had another one to do.

I spoke with Chuck this morning about the durability of the finish. He stated that if I ever had any problems with their finish he would fix it any time. Also said that when he bead blasts firearms, his finish is much more difficult to remove that any manufacturers finish period. Unless abused on purpose he will put his finish up against any manufacturers finish.

One cool idea he has for the skulls, All of the skull patterns can be basecoated in another tint so he can make the skulls red or any other color. Red skulls would be insane. I think I am going to buy some new mags and try out some other ideas. He said that he can do Mags for around $25.

As for the color of the digital camo pattern on mine I don't know but if you contact them just mention Jeff's Saiga and they will fix you up.