College student kills intruder with sword

One of my friends keeps swords located all throughout his home. I think he keeps a gun on him as well in case. But he hopes that one day an un-armed nodogooder will break into his house and they can have a sword fight.

It's actually pretty funny as I don't think he is trained nor would have any advantage to winning over the intruder. The gun is incase the perp isn't un-armed. :P

Interesting to see if they want to file charges, I bet the dipshit that broke into the home thought the kid was faking or the sword was dull....the kid's lucky the guy wasn't armed, otherwise the headline would be different :killer:

0152.jpg

Edited by Vultite

Just thought of this, but a few years ago, a high school kid around here cut some dude's hand off with a samurai sword at a party. Apparently, the guy and a couple of friends crashed the party, and were beating some people up. So the kid who's house was hosting the party grabbed a sword, and cut the dudes hand off. He ended up going to prison. IIRC, both of them were pretty shady, I think the 'victim' ended up getting a drug charge before the trial. I just remember reading in the paper how his mother was giving some victim impact testimony at the trial, saying how her son had aspirations to go to college, but since the incident (the hand was reattached, BTW), he's been relegated to delivering pizza. I lol'd. I don't know about y'all, but I could go to college a lot easier with one hand, than deliver pizza (this is coming from a college grad who delivered chinese and pizza all through school, so I considered myself an expert in the subject :unsure:).

When i first read it I thought it said "removed the burglar's HEAD" and thought "OMG AWESOME" then realized it said Hand and now, i'm a bit disappointed.

Maybe the College student thought for a second he was a Middle Eastern Judge handing out punishment. :eek::unsure:

Ask the Taliban, it's usually hard to steal shit (especially heavy) with a stump on one side. The only thing I kinda agree with them on. :ded::devil::angel:

Interesting to see if they want to file charges, I bet the dipshit that broke into the home thought the kid was faking or the sword was dull....the kid's lucky the guy wasn't armed, otherwise the headline would be different :killer:

It's too bad that the intruder wasn't armed with a sword! They could have had an epic ninja battle in the garage. :D

That said, I wouldn't fuck with a guy who has a sword if I'm completely unarmed. "Lefty" here deserved what he got.

The guy that was killed had just got out of jail on Saturday and had a long list of burglaries on his rap sheet. Obviously he was not rehabilitated. I hope the student makes out ok but this is in Maryland where criminals seem to have more rights than law abiding citizens.

Edited by NECESSARY EVIL

I am no lawyer, however I would guess that from a legal liability point of view it was a good thing that the suspect did not survive the encounter. Had he lived, and being a recent release from prison, I would have assumed that with the severed hand he could have made a pretty serious case for Alienation of Affection!

Just saying...

• Like 1

I am no lawyer, however I would guess that from a legal liability point of view it was a good thing that the suspect did not survive the encounter. Had he lived, and being a recent release from prison, I would have assumed that with the severed hand he could have made a pretty serious case for Alienation of Affection!

Just saying...

Very clever!

(alas that said tort action has been abolished in most states, including MD)

Just saying...

Very clever!

(alas that said tort action has been abolished in most states, including MD)

YEAH... If you were a mountain....

cleverest.jpg

The guy that was killed had just got out of jail on Saturday and had a long list of burglaries on his rap sheet. Obviously he was not rehabilitated. I hope the student makes out ok but this is in Maryland where criminals seem to have more rights than law abiding citizens.

Fortunately, the criminal WAS completely, and irreversibly rehabilitated. I find myself wondering whether the hand was buried with the assailant, or is being held by the DA.

WS

the kid's lucky the guy wasn't armed, otherwise the headline would be different

I doubt it. In this case the perp WAS armed- he had two of 'em, to start with. Actually he wasn't technically "dis-armed" he was "un-handed" although it was undoubtedly the fore-mentioned body laceration that determined the outcome. The term "body laceration" in sword-speak is a bit out of proportion to the same term used in piercing (body modification) although both do modify the body.

I would assume that since the hand was cut off that it must have been brandishing an offensive weapon. If this had happened in my house, I'm fairly certain there would be found a severed hand still clutching the kitchen knife the perp had appropriated from my kitchen.

Fortunately, the criminal WAS completely, and irreversibly rehabilitated

The state should have job openings for this.

Edited by VincentYGB

The college kid should have taken some liberties to protect life and "limb" by putting a butcher knife in the perp's severed limb and worked out his alibi.... or at least said he was accosted by an armed intruder who THREATENED him with a weapon. We're all about reciprocal defense here in Marylandistan.

I would assume that since the hand was cut off that it must have been brandishing an offensive weapon.

I belive that they state the perp was unarmed and stopped with one sword stroke. I bet he tried to block the swing and the sword went through his wrist/hand and slashed his body. :ded: Ouch. It's BS that they are still holding the tenant and deciding if they a are going to press charges, but it's NY so it's no surprise.

I would assume that since the hand was cut off that it must have been brandishing an offensive weapon.

I belive that they state the perp was unarmed and stopped with one sword stroke. I bet he tried to block the swing and the sword went through his wrist/hand and slashed his body. :ded: Ouch. It's BS that they are still holding the tenant and deciding if they a are going to press charges, but it's NY so it's no surprise.

I believe I was being sarcastic at the time but that was hours ago and I've forgotten much since then :angel: