I asked my doc about the radiation that I am going to receive.

I said, "I heard some rumors that the radiation you're going to give me can actually GIVE ME CANCER. Is that true?"

She said, "Yeah, it sure can."

Then I said, "But the radiation you're going to give me will also KILL the cancer I already have?"

She said, "Yeah, that's the point."

Then I said, "But the cancer you could to GIVE ME will kill me slower than the cancer I already have???"

She said, "Yeah, that about covers it."

LOL

I looked at my wife with a big smile and said, "My life is definitely not a game for wimps." lol

You have to fight each battle as it appears. You have to deal with the here and now and work from there. If and when something else comes up you then deal with that. Prior to my surgery, I asked my surgeon, "what happens if I go to my daughters high school graduation and don't have surgery or take any treatments"? He looked me in the eye and said, "I can guarantee that you won't have to worry about attending her college graduation". That kind of put it all in a perspective that I could understand!

All you guys, keep on fighting the good fight.

Best of luck to all of you!

Fatboy

Edited by Fatboy
  • Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

Yeah that Fentanyl is some serious shit. They told me it was the strongest thing they had in the pharmacy when I was trying to get something that would finally knock out the pain from the tonsil surgery. I just wish I had gotten it about two weeks sooner. When I looked it up online I read it was 100 times stronger than morphine.

:eek: Dude I would hate to be getting nothing right now!

Yeah Shannon, until I got on Fentanyl, I had always had the impression that morphine was the last word in pain killers, Well when the side effects of Fentanyl were getting to be kind of a drag, they tried me on morphine, and it was like taking baby aspirin!

I'm on the 100 mcg patches myself. One thing that you may face on it is CONSTIPATION!!! Wasn't an issue with the 75 mcgs, but when you step up to the 100's, that's the big league!! The best thing for that is Miralax. Forgot to tell y'all about that side effect, and maybe you will be spared it...I pray you are! LOL

Hey brother, just keep your head up and be proud of the support system that you have surrounding you, for we are all here...I know that YOU are the one fighting it(along with Bounce and Saigateen), but you are a lucky man to have Racegal to be beside you through this. Words cannot express how great it is to have a good strong woman to be by your side while going through a horrible medical situation....I know, am there, and going through a different kind of deal, and couldn't make it without my wife!

Prayers out for all of y'all!

OK sportsfans! Ready for more gawking pics? Yes??? I knew you would be and I am happy to oblige. lol

As those of you who have been following this know, I have been doing chemo for the past 16 weeks (four fucking months) with NOTHING to show for it. It has been a fucking painful slog through hell and there has been NOTHING GOOD to show for it. I saw the doc last week and she suggested we stop the chemo because it wasn't doing shit other than making me miserable.

Then, in less than a week - since I saw the doc last - the lump has started to shrink - like a mother fucker!

This pic was taken six weeks ago. The lump looked just like this as of last Wednesday:

cancer005.jpg

Then, this pic was taken yesterday. It looks like it's forming a peak, but what's happening is it's SHRINKING around the biopsy scar.

Amazing. So, it looks like the chemo-HELL will continue for me after all, at least for a while.

lump004-1.jpg

Edited by Bounce12

Looks like a volcano forming Bounce! I hate that you have to keep up the chemo, but glad that it is working! I showed the pics to my wife and she commented that those of us that aren't going through this don't realize how lucky we are. No matter what other troubles that may be happening to us, they can be waded through without NEAR the hell that you and the others are going through!

W :eek: W Bounce! That's awesome man! Hell yeah! Maybe this damn thing I'm watching drip beside me right now WILL actually help some?:unsure:

That's very comforting to know! Really! I'm happy for ya bro....sorry you gotta go through more of this chemo shit but at least it appears to be working!

Hey maybe all these good folks out there in our friend circle, and all the good vibes and prayers have something to do with it too!

Thanks you guys! Keep it comin!!!!

The Three Chemo Amigos....lol >>> :super: :super: :super:

• Like 1

W :eek: W Bounce! That's awesome man! Hell yeah! Maybe this damn thing I'm watching drip beside me right now WILL actually help some?:unsure:

That's very comforting to know! Really! I'm happy for ya bro....sorry you gotta go through more of this chemo shit but at least it appears to be working!

Hey maybe all these good folks out there in our friend circle, and all the good vibes and prayers have something to do with it too!

Thanks you guys! Keep it comin!!!!

The Three Chemo Amigos....lol >>> :super: :super: :super:

Well said, Cobra, and thanks.

AND THERE IS A HUGE LESSON HERE.... Remember, I went through FOUR miserable months of chemo with NOTHING to show for it. It would have been simple as shit for me to give the fuck up somewhere along the way. However, I made the decision that this cancer would NOT defeat me (not my morale anyway).

The doc had decided to take me off the chemo because it wasn't working (it sure didn't look like it was, anyway).

If I had surrendered to this shit, it would be like quitting on the one yard line on a fourth-and-goal play.

YOU CANNOT EVER GIVE UP, PERIOD! And this is why. There's no telling when the good vibes, the prayers and the chemo will kick in.

Edited by Bounce12

Well today was a long day....up at 6:30, gone by 7:45, radiation treatment an hour from here at 9:00, then straight upstairs to labs (blood work), three kinds of nausea medications, 2 bags of fluids and 1 bag of chemo shit (cysplatin) from about 10:00 til mid afternoon sometime...then picking up my ex at her dentisit appt at the same campus hospital...then finally back home (after stopping by the lake, to let about half of one of those bags of fluids back out...lol...damn they weren't kidding about flushing out my kidneys to lose that poison, I bet I rolled that damn IV cart to the bathroom at least three or four times while I was there...good thing I wasn't drinking beer too...lol!).

Checking out the forum and answering a few PMs around mid day...

post-1293-12567744669452_thumb.jpg

Gee isn't this fun...

post-1293-12567745848414_thumb.jpg

'bout time to get outa here....packin up...ready to turn this Gatorade into a beer!

post-1293-12567746600618_thumb.jpg

Before leaving we had to shoot a few pics out the window, great view from up there. What a beautiful 75+ degree, nice sunny day....I bet we could see 30 miles from up there (third floor, but looks more like 4th with the basement radiology level at street level).

post-1293-12567754418029_thumb.jpg

post-1293-12567755573594_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1256775714144_thumb.jpg

The fall colors are lookin great this year around here!:super:

Havin some fun with the 10x zoom lens....the two satellite dishes in the Rt pic are on top of the building to the left.

The buildings with the hip roofs in the last pic are across the street a block away...visible just Rt of center...

post-1293-12567773780552_thumb.jpg post-1293-12567770054848_thumb.jpg

post-1293-12567770393173_thumb.jpg post-1293-12567776778321_thumb.jpg post-1293-1256777536212_thumb.jpg

Need to figure out a way to mount this camera on my Saiga .308 or PSL.... :smoke:

So now that's 3 radiation days down...32 to go.

And the first one down, out of hopefully just three, chemo sessions. I hope this shit works! :angel: You can see in the top pics how big those fuckin tumors have gotten in my neck....ugghhh! :killer:

Bounce, to answer your question about how much the chemo & shit is costing me... Dude I've been afraid to ask....

I've got a room with a view, in a fancy new cancer hotel, on one of the leading medical campuses around these parts, and a whole big ass team of good lookin ladies (with nice butts BTW...lol), who are just as sweet as the day is long...(Racegal of course being the leader of the wimmens' team :wub: ) and some very experienced & high paid doctors, all working with me in what they are making me feel is a one on one effort to beat this monster that decided to take up residence in my body....I'm sure the cost will add up bigtime, but if it saves me life, and I can live on normally to take Cobra's Customs places that few get to go...well...I'll just keep on thinking up cool new Saiga / AK ideas, and we'll go from there.

:smoke:

LOL! I'm workin on a few angles bro! I did talk to one of my nurses today about how to get hooked up with some of those cool disposable hospital gowns they wear one time and toss in the trash. They'd be great for messy jobs in the shop that keeps staining my clothes.

My ex has been extremely helpful through all this mess (to both me and Sandi). In fact she volunteered to take us both in today and stay all day with us...in her truck with her gas. She did have an apptmt anyway but I thought that was really nice of her. I think it's great too that she and Racegal can get along. Hatred, envy, and bad vibes ain't good for nobody....

Bounce, to answer your question about how much the chemo & shit is costing me... Dude I've been afraid to ask....

Same-same here.

I've been doing this shit four months and haven't seen a bill labeled "Chemo" yet.

I hope I'm near the cardiac unit when I get the final bill.

LOL

The good news is that all this will end up being money I would have paid to Uncle Barak. Fuck him. He can pony up the money I would have given him for this.

Wow Bounce, now I see what you have been talking about. Damn! That chemo is some NASTY shit! All I could think of the day before yesterday when I got it was "hey this isn't so bad" maybe I got lucky!"....then starting that night, and continuing all yesterday and into the night, OMG! Felt like I did last time I downed a whole fifth of El Toro tequilla out of the bottle...all at once!.....Sick as fuck for several days! All that's missing is the bloody vomit. I hope that still isn't coming....

Having to go into that every week knowing ahead of time you are gonna feel like this has got to be almost as bad as the nausea itself. It's like when you were a kid and you fucked up bad, and ha to wait for the shit to hit the fan when the old man got home....yuk!

I know one thing though! It sure feels good to be FRIDAY! I don't have to wake up to an alarm clock at dark thirty tomorrow and haul ass to another city to get irradiaited for 15 minutes then drive all the way back home. TGIF! I've been unemployed for so long I forgot how good Fridays can feel.

One week down.....6 more to go.....

Chemo amigo signing off!

What kind of "Lag Time" does Chemo have????

as in after they release you form the hospital... how long are you torqued from the stuff?

I know TJ has been having a hard time pulling out of it....

Due to the aggressiveness of his sarcoma, they said they were treating him like it was stage 4 even though he is stage one...

(That made no sense to me... but I ain't a Dr....) So I know he got his fair share of evil pumped into him....

Anyhow... we will be going out to dinner tonight or over the weekend and possibly catching the new boondock saint's movie when he's up for it...

Just to keep his mind on being a regular teenager.... even if it's for a few hours....

Hey bro, I know I have differences with you in the past.

But bro I wish you the best and hope things work out for the best.

I can be and ass hole some times but hey, something is to fight for stupid reasons on the forum about guns and stuff

and something else is to see some one got what you have.

Bro like I say before, hope things go good and you get over this.

Anyhow... we will be going out to dinner tonight or over the weekend and possibly catching the new boondock saint's movie when he's up for it...

Just to keep his mind on being a regular teenager.... even if it's for a few hours....

That's a tough one. While being out with "regular" folk might be good for the soul, please be careful with exposure to people that are/might be getting sick. Most people are contageous well before they even know they are getting sick. The are killing the immune system with the chemo, so you will be much more succeptable to any germs that are floating in the air (cough/sneeze), or on the surface, to be transferred to your hands, airway or eyes, (doorknobs, sick person preparing your food, etc.). Please use good judgement, hygene practices and common sense. The last thing you want to do is having to take a break your treatment plan due to being sick.

OK, lecture over. Enjoy your weekend "off" guys.

Keep fighting the good fight.

All the best,

Fatboy

That's a tough one. While being out with "regular" folk might be good for the soul, please be careful with exposure to people that are/might be getting sick. Most people are contageous well before they even know they are getting sick. The are killing the immune system with the chemo, so you will be much more succeptable to any germs that are floating in the air (cough/sneeze), or on the surface, to be transferred to your hands, airway or eyes, (doorknobs, sick person preparing your food, etc.). Please use good judgement, hygene practices and common sense. The last thing you want to do is having to take a break your treatment plan due to being sick.

All the best,

Fatboy

Dude....... Thank you....

Sometimes I don't see the obvious... anyhow... I want to give the kid a break from the grind.....

All the best,

Fatboy

Dude....... Thank you....

Sometimes I don't see the obvious... anyhow... I want to give the kid a break from the grind.....

A good dose of prayer to keep the germs away before y'all go out won't hurt any. A little protection from the Angels goes a long way!

Man thanks Fatboy I need to keep that in mind bigtime. The doctors told me all that but I have just been wanting to get as far from docs and hospitals as I possibly can this last weekend I'll most likely be able to do anything wortha shit for awhile...I was planning on going to an annual campout I go to ....well...every fucking year....and have since '93, to be with about 150 of my good friends. They are all worried sick about me and I want to at least make a showing to let them know I ain't bald and I ain't dying. I may have to wear a damned mask or rent one of those big ass plastic bubbles to roll around in....:unsure:...uh oh....visions of South Park and being duct taped to park benches.....NOOOOOOOO!:cryss:

Man thanks Fatboy I need to keep that in mind bigtime. The doctors told me all that but I have just been wanting to get as far from docs and hospitals as I possibly can this last weekend I'll most likely be able to do anything wortha shit for awhile...I was planning on going to an annual campout I go to ....well...every fucking year....and have since '93, to be with about 150 of my good friends. They are all worried sick about me and I want to at least make a showing to let them know I ain't bald and I ain't dying. I may have to wear a damned mask or rent one of those big ass plastic bubbles to roll around in....:unsure:...uh oh....visions of South Park and being duct taped to park benches.....NOOOOOOOO!:cryss:

And here I am worrying about what kind of sights I want to put on my S12. I ran across this thread today after we had our conversation. It leaves me pretty speechless realizing that you were there to help me while you are dealing with your demons and I am so concerned about sights on a gun. That makes me have a whole lot of respect for you as it makes me feel foolish at the same time.

To you and the rest of the Amigo's

I see that you guys have formed a bond.

Stand Tall and Stick Together!

It's amazing what the power of Unity can do!

My thoughts are with you.

THE RIPPER

as in after they release you form the hospital... how long are you torqued from the stuff?

I don't know how it's going to affect TJ, but with me it went like this....

I didn't feel all that bad the day I did chemo.

The next day I started a slide that continued for four days. On the fourth day I bottomed out and started pulling out of it on the fifth day after chemo. It took several days to climb out, but I felt reasonably good again for a few days before going back into chemo. I did a dose every other week.

Edited by Bounce12

The next day I started a slide that continued for four days. On the fourth day I bottomed out and started pulling out of it on the fifth day after chemo. It took several days to climb out, but I felt reasonably good again for a few days before going back into chemo. I did a dose every other week.

Mine will be every three weeks. Thanks for the insight on what to possibly expect man. It's different with everyone I'm sure, but it's still nice to hear first hand experience. Racegal brought something positive up the other day in my case. This Tues. will be 6 weeks since I was first diagnosed with this shit.

I have only 6 weeks more of this radiation / chemo treatment left at this point. I'm trying to focus on that.

Once again thank you all for your support and prayers. It means a lot to be able to come here and have true friends like you guys thinking about me and thse two other fine gentlemen..

Ripper my problems are no more important than yours as far as sharing webspace here goes. I always try to help someone new when I can.

In this case, yours are more important and it made me realize not to sweat the little things. I know that i was pretty annoying with my persistence. Sometimes we just take certain things in life for granite. I'm sure you are catching my drift here.

I know that we just met but if I can help you in any way, you know where to find me. (Probably on the same thread about the sights because I'm so indecisive)

That goes for your Amigo's as well.

You guys don't know me (been on a few threads with you) but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't throw out a helping hand if it was needed.

Edited by THE RIPPER

Mine will be every three weeks. Thanks for the insight on what to possibly expect man. It's different with everyone I'm sure, but it's still nice to hear first hand experience. Racegal brought something positive up the other day in my case. This Tues. will be 6 weeks since I was first diagnosed with this shit.

I have only 6 weeks more of this radiation / chemo treatment left at this point. I'm trying to focus on that.

Once again thank you all for your support and prayers. It means a lot to be able to come here and have true friends like you guys thinking about me and thse two other fine gentlemen..

Cobra, I was about where you are now when I finally got out of the doom and gloom, "Gallows," mentality and became Ok with the whole idea of cancer.

If you're not totally "mentally adjusted" just yet, you probably will be pretty soon. The "gallows" don't last forever.