A quick update and then I guess it can get buried again. I noticed a significant change in the size of my tumor on Fri. It was like overnight it suddenly shrank about an inch.

I guess the shit is workin....:smoke:

I hope TJ's makin out ok with the chemo.

Bounce I hope your leg's doin ok bro.

Cobra, that's awesome!!!

Congrats.

Here's the deal with me... I went in for surgery to cut the lump out last Thursday (Nov 5th). The surgery went well and my margins were good. The surgeon thought (based on the MRI) that he might have to take 90% or so of my quad and rebuild my femoral artery, but as it turns out none of that was necessary.

They released me from the hospital a day early and I've been walking on this leg since. I have had no pain, no swelling, no bleeding and no infection. Shit man, I am ready to rock!

I am about as good as good gets right now.

They are doing some tests on my lump and will decide what radiation regimen they want me to do. I go in for a post-op meeting with the surgeon on Friday and should know more then.

Now, a note to you and Saigateen.... the chemo and the drugs totally pollute you. All that crap really fucks with your brain. Once you get through all that shit and your body starts to cleanse itself, you will feel like you are emerging from a deep, dark, cave. That's where I am right now. I feel like I am walking out of the dark and into the light. Your attitude will improve. You will feel like new men. No shit.

The chemo and other drugs are one hell of a downer. Looking out at life through the pollution of a mind-altered chemo brain fucking sucks. I assure you guys that whatever things seem like now, it's not real. Just endure it and things WILL get a shit load better once it's past. I was sooooo fucking depressed. Just try to remember that what you're seeing now is NOT REAL and motor through it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's NOT the head lamp of an oncoming train.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

Time to gawk!!!!

Check out my nine-incher!

25 staples.

The writing at the bottom with the red dot in the middle is the doc's signature - so he would remind himself of which leg to operate on - and the red dot is the hole where the bodily fluid gunk drain was.

Kewl, HUH?

lump003.jpg

That's badass Bounce!

Well... about as badass as having a big cancerous tumor removed can be.

Did they let you keep the fucker? And if so we definitely need a vid of you sending it to hell.

• Like 1

That's badass Bounce!

Well... about as badass as having a big cancerous tumor removed can be.

Did they let you keep the fucker? And if so we definitely need a vid of you sending it to hell.

Believe it or not, they made me sign over legal ownership of that lump to the hospital. (true story).

I'm pretty sure I saw it for sale on eBay a couple days later. Do you think it has anything to do with me not paying my bill?

Damn what do you carry in that a 50 cal. Desert Eagle ?? Couldn't you just use a holster like the rest of us ?? :rolleyes:

Thanks Rokina. You had me busting out laughing with that one. That was great. Thanks, I needed that.

Time to gawk!!!!

Check out my nine-incher!

25 staples.

The writing at the bottom with the red dot in the middle is the doc's signature - so he would remind himself of which leg to operate on - and the red dot is the hole where the bodily fluid gunk drain was.

Kewl, HUH?

lump003.jpg

Fuuuuuck me!!! I hope they got it all :chris:

I received the below message in my e-mail today. It concerns the very young daughter of a cousin. Please pray for them.

Dear Friends,

Hallie had an MRI on Wednesday. The cancer is spreading fairly quickly in her brain and to her brain stem. While we cannot know God's timing, the doctors feel that Hallie will go home to be with the Lord sometime before Christmas.

Hallie is resting pretty comfortably and has many questions. Yesterday we talked for along time about heaven and how heaven is really our home, not earth. She understands that even though we have to say good-bye, it's only for a little while. She said "..so you mean it's kind of like we're all going on vacation to heaven but I'm just going to get there before everyone else?" We told her yes, that someday we'll all be together forever and our vacation will last forever. Then she asked if it was okay to change her name when she gets there or does she still have to be called Hallie. How come no one likes their name???

Most importantly Hallie understands that she gets to go to heaven because of the wonderful sacrifice Jesus Christ made so that all who believe in Him may have eternal life.

Hallie is very tired and does have times when she's scared. Please pray for God to comfort her as we wait for His will to be done. Please also be in prayer for Gus, I believe this is as much a struggle for him as it is for Hallie.

I know many of you have asked, but Hallie does not want a lot of visitors. She wants and needs her privacy as she finishes the race God has set out for her. You have all shown her an unbelievable love that has sustained her for many months and she is grateful for that.

May God's grace be with each of you.

In Christ's Love,

Virgil and Karen Barnes & Family

"Faith is the ability to feel so sure of God, that no matter how dark the day, there is no doubt as to it's outcome. For God's people there is a glorious future." - H. H. Halley

• Like 1

The bad news is they say I had a "museum of cancers" in there.

No shit. There were at least five different kinds of cancer in that tumor.

I don't know exactly how some of these are spelled and I promised myself not to do any more internet research on the subject.

I had "well-differentiated," "de-differentiated," "Myoxic" or some such shit, "Plaxo" (maybe?). Fuck, I forgot them all.

The chemo killed about 30% of the tumor (and hopefully 100% of the stray cells throughout my body).

So, the bottom line is, time will tell.

I received the below message in my e-mail today. It concerns the very young daughter of a cousin. Please pray for them.

Dear Friends,

Hallie had an MRI on Wednesday. The cancer is spreading fairly quickly in her brain and to her brain stem. While we cannot know God's timing, the doctors feel that Hallie will go home to be with the Lord sometime before Christmas.

Hallie is resting pretty comfortably and has many questions. Yesterday we talked for along time about heaven and how heaven is really our home, not earth. She understands that even though we have to say good-bye, it's only for a little while. She said "..so you mean it's kind of like we're all going on vacation to heaven but I'm just going to get there before everyone else?" We told her yes, that someday we'll all be together forever and our vacation will last forever. Then she asked if it was okay to change her name when she gets there or does she still have to be called Hallie. How come no one likes their name???

Most importantly Hallie understands that she gets to go to heaven because of the wonderful sacrifice Jesus Christ made so that all who believe in Him may have eternal life.

Hallie is very tired and does have times when she's scared. Please pray for God to comfort her as we wait for His will to be done. Please also be in prayer for Gus, I believe this is as much a struggle for him as it is for Hallie.

I know many of you have asked, but Hallie does not want a lot of visitors. She wants and needs her privacy as she finishes the race God has set out for her. You have all shown her an unbelievable love that has sustained her for many months and she is grateful for that.

In Christ's Love,

"Faith is the ability to feel so sure of God, that no matter how dark the day, there is no doubt as to it's outcome. For God's people there is a glorious future." - H. H. Halley

Consider it done!

Bounce,

I'm glad I could make you laugh.

I send you my best wishes and my prayers for rapid recovery, I will say a prayer for all here who need strength and hope.

In the meantime keep your head up and your chin down..(is that even possible ?);-)

Regards,

Rock

Dear Friends,

In Christ's Love,

That is horrible to hear about Hallie. Who in thier right mind would have ever thought a gun forum would have a cancer thread. My prayers go out to you as well. Take care.

Who in thier right mind would have ever thought a gun forum would have a cancer thread.

Cancer does not discriminate. Sooner or later, everyones life will be effected by this disease, be it personally or through a friend or family member. Those are the simple facts.

This thread shows the type of people we are. Here we are sharing our experiences, with this disease, just like we do with firearms. It wasn't long ago, that folks would wisper about it, as if you were doomed when you got the sentence. Now the times have changed, there is life after diagnosis. We currently have availability to the best medical system in the world (irregardless on one's ability to pay. Lets do our best to keep it that way.

Here's an analogy for you. If you needed new tires on your car, would you junk it and get a new car? For most of us the answer would be no, but junking the car is what our government wants to do with our health care system. I say just get the new tires, fix what is broken.

I have a biopsy scheduled in a few weeks myself. Not expecting them to find anything - but we all need to get a thorough physical after hitting the half century mark. I am a few years late getting started, haven't had a good check up in too many years.

You wouldn't shoot a C&R without first giving it a thorough examination, so we all need to get checked when we get to C&R status ourselves!

Who in thier right mind would have ever thought a gun forum would have a cancer thread.

Cancer does not discriminate. Sooner or later, everyones life will be effected by this disease, be it personally or through a friend or family member. Those are the simple facts.

This thread shows the type of people we are. Here we are sharing our experiences, with this disease, just like we do with firearms. It wasn't long ago, that folks would wisper about it, as if you were doomed when you got the sentence. Now the times have changed, there is life after diagnosis. We currently have availability to the best medical system in the world (irregardless on one's ability to pay. Lets do our best to keep it that way.

Here's an analogy for you. If you needed new tires on your car, would you junk it and get a new car? For most of us the answer would be no, but junking the car is what our government wants to do with our health care system. I say just get the new tires, fix what is broken.

Excellent point.

Here's what happened to me... I retired and had to buy my own policy for the family. I went to Presbyterian and bought a policy for my family of four. Without dental and eyes it is a little over $600/month. That's not too unreasonable.

Shortly thereafter, one of my daughters developed a kidney stone, the other developed Type 1 diabetes and now I have cancer. ALL of us were seen by docs and treated in a timely manner. It was THREE HOURS from the time my doc ordered my first MRI to the time I was in the machine. No shit. THREE HOURS. In other countries, it can take MONTHS to get in. From the reading of the MRI, it was two days before I started chemo. Once I finished chemo it was two days until I got the surgery.

WE HAVE THE BEST HEALTH CARE SYSTEM IN THE WORLD!!!! I have no earthly clue what all the fucking whining is about. I found and bought my own policy and the care has been FIRST CLASS. Where is the problem? I am not special in any way. I just took the responsibility of buying insurance. Is that really so damned hard?

Edited by Bounce12

I have a biopsy scheduled in a few weeks myself. Not expecting them to find anything - but we all need to get a thorough physical after hitting the half century mark. I am a few years late getting started, haven't had a good check up in too many years.

You wouldn't shoot a C&R without first giving it a thorough examination, so we all need to get checked when we get to C&R status ourselves!

How right you are my friend :super: I had my first appointment with an internist recently and she freaked as she started poking and proding and listening to this that and the other. She sent me from her office straight to radiology for X-rays and then to lab for blood work, called me the next day and ordered me back to the lab for more blood. Three days ago I had my first medicaly legal ass raping :cryss: and on the 23rd I'll be at the hospital all day for all sorts of further poking and proding. This is all in preperation for my next appointment with her, so she can try to figure out what to do to me first :unsure: God only knows where all of this will lead, I've lived my life hard and fast and it's really starting to show. Oh well, no sense in getting depressed about it, so fuck it, I'll by a new gun of some sort soon :lolol:

Believe it or not, they made me sign over legal ownership of that lump to the hospital. (true story).

I'm pretty sure I saw it for sale on eBay a couple days later. Do you think it has anything to do with me not paying my bill?

They just wanted to buy your flesh. *donns the foil hat*

The bad news is they say I had a "museum of cancers" in there.

No shit. There were at least five different kinds of cancer in that tumor.

I don't know exactly how some of these are spelled and I promised myself not to do any more internet research on the subject.

I had "well-differentiated," "de-differentiated," "Myoxic" or some such shit, "Plaxo" (maybe?). Fuck, I forgot them all.

The chemo killed about 30% of the tumor (and hopefully 100% of the stray cells throughout my body).

So, the bottom line is, time will tell.

I have some DVD's that are like your tumor. Just they are farms of computer viruses, hacks, trojans, and other nefarious little bits.

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys, how are things going? It's been a little while since an update. Maybe it's been mentioned here and there in other threads, I dunno, I've been trying to not spend so much time on the computer . . .

I saw a couple of days ago Juggs said that Saigateen's tumor had shrunk by 50%! :super: Kick-ass!

Bounce - Holy shit that's one hell of an incision. :eek: I assume it's healing well?

And Shannon, hell man, you started this ;), what's up with your treatment? How are things progressing?

David

Well guys, how are things going? It's been a little while since an update. Maybe it's been mentioned here and there in other threads, I dunno, I've been trying to not spend so much time on the computer . . .

I saw a couple of days ago Juggs said that Saigateen's tumor had shrunk by 50%! :super: Kick-ass!

Bounce - Holy shit that's one hell of an incision. :eek: I assume it's healing well?

And Shannon, hell man, you started this ;), what's up with your treatment? How are things progressing?

David

That's great about saigateen. I missed that post.

My wound busted open after they took the staples out and I was leaking a couple of pints a day of biohazard all over everything. It was nasty as all hell, but the wound is nearly healed back together again. My next deal is radiation and I've heard both good and bad about it. I've heard it REALLY fucking sucks and I've heard it's no big deal. So, I'll find out and let you all know. LOL

I haven't heard anything out of Shannon lately. I can't wait to catch up.

David

That's great about saigateen. I missed that post.

My wound busted open after they took the staples out and I was leaking a couple of pints a day of biohazard all over everything. It was nasty as all hell, but the wound is nearly healed back together again. My next deal is radiation and I've heard both good and bad about it. I've heard it REALLY fucking sucks and I've heard it's no big deal. So, I'll find out and let you all know. LOL

I haven't heard anything out of Shannon lately. I can't wait to catch up.

Well, it wasn't a post. It was on the "Recent Status Updates."

And yes, that sounds pretty damned nasty. So what, they cut the gist of it out and try to get the rest with radiation? And even if it really fucking sucks, it's probably better than NOT getting it . . .

And I saw Shannon posted he was sporting an "invisibeard & stash" but other than that I don't know. :unsure:

Dear Friends,

In Christ's Love,

Sorry to report that Halley died last week. Halley was nine years young and spent all of her short life fighting this insidious disease. Halley and her parents never lost their faith, pray for them.

To those of you here.....please keep the faith and fight the good fight, we'll be here for you with love and hope and strength.

Regards,

Dean.

dean, is there any type of memorial that her family is doing in her name or does her family need money directly???

Prayers offered for her family.....

dean, is there any type of memorial that her family is doing in her name or does her family need money directly???

Prayers offered for her family.....

Thanks so much for the thought Jugs. As far as I know they don't need money and I don't know about any memorial fund or anything.

Thanks,

Dean

Sorry to report that Halley died last week. Halley was nine years young and spent all of her short life fighting this insidious disease. Halley and her parents never lost their faith, pray for them.

To those of you here.....please keep the faith and fight the good fight, we'll be here for you with love and hope and strength.

Regards,

Dean.

I don't really know what to say other than this shit is brutal on everyone. It just tears me up to see kids going through this.

Wow someone did dig this thread back up and ask how we were doing. Thank you sir. I was starting to feel like a wet blanket every time I posted again in it, so I stopped until I had some good news to share.

I saw Juggs' update in the status thing the other day about TJ and I started to post something then. It's just that there have been so many "pricks on a mission" lately around here, I honestly haven't felt like posting anything good or bad, helpful or shitty. The air around here stinks of troll shit nowadays. Y'all try to remember where that "report post" button is ok? A few of you have and it's helping...

Well anyway...tomorrow's a new day and today guess what happened? I finished my Chemo treatments! YES!!!

post-1293-12602530077209_thumb.jpg

post-1293-12602561989608_thumb.jpg

post-1293-12602559301824_thumb.jpg

post-1293-12602567968424_thumb.jpg

It has been a really sickening PITA but is worth it because the tumor in my neck has shrunk WAY down! :super:

It was as big as a tennis ball 6 weeks ago and now I can barely feel it under my skin. My last day of radiation treatments will be this Friday!!! I can soon get some much needed time to recuperate and try to gain my weight back, but in the right places this time.

When my hair grows back from where I lost a BUNCH of it....

post-1293-12602513646953_thumb.jpg

I hope at least some of it is brown. :unsure:

So that's my update for now.

TJ if you are reading this buddy, hang in there! Sounds like you are doing great and can see that light at the end of the tunnel. Don't let off any as it draws closer.

Bounceman, good luck to you on your radiation treatments. I think you will be fortunate in that yours will be located far away from your mouth. It is very bad shit on the soft tissues, and my mouth, tongue, and throat have suffered greatly. I can barely swallow my own saliva...what's left of it that is.....eating and drinking are a distant memory for me. It's almost time for me to start training myself to do it again. I'll probably still have to have a feeding tube put in, or "G tube", as strange as that sounds this far into treatments and so near the end.

You are welcome to call me anytime (or I can call you free) to chat about that shit some in detail. Just give me a few more days to get my mouth pain under control so I can talk on the phone ok. It hurts like hell to do that now. I can at least tell you what my own rad treatments consisted of. I hope you don't experience any bad troubles with any of your own "soft tissues" in the vicinity bro! With mine, as you can see from the last pic, the radiation burns and hair loss has been contained to within about 5-6" either side of the "field" of radiation.

I had them take some better pics of me in the machine getting radiated. I'll post those tomorrow or the next day if you or anyone would be interested in what it looks like.

G'nite...it's gotten late and I have to be there again in less than 7 hrs.....:cryss:

Thanks you guys. The ol Cobra can take a licking and keep on kicking alright. I've got lots more feisty, venom spewing, reptilian attitude right where the other came from if the C monster wants to play some more.

No lie though, it sure would be nice to get my normal lifestyle back. I used to really enjoy things like food and beer....and all of the other great pleasures in life....thinking clearly and being able to look at a computer screen for more than ten minutes without nodding out, only to awake a minute later with a whole page full of whatever the letters are that my fingers landed on...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!...or worse, finding that I landed on the backspace key and everything I was working on is gone. :rolleyes:

I'm getting ready to do something right now that I like to do sometimes to "blow off some steam" about it. There's this very large oak tree (over two or three feet thick) standing down on the range, that's been doomed by lightning. I think I'm going to load a few mags of 12 slugs and some 7.62 x 39 and 51....maybe even some x54R....and go down to pay it a little visit...:devil:

Some day soon that big MF is going to come crashing down just like this damned tumor.:killer:

I could use the firewood.

My prayers are with the departed and the recovering. All this disease does is take and take.

I am an RN and while putting in my time I've worked in some hospitals and nursing homes and

saw first hand the spook that sneaks in and takes. I have to take my GF down to Fox Chase

in Philadelphia in Feb. for a 1 year breast cancer check up. We both have our fingers crossed.

I couldn't imagine waking up every day with that on my mind. I'm happy to hear you guys are on the

right road so stay healthy. Best wishes guys. And yea Cobra chopping with the choppers is good stress

remover. Shakes the MD's up when you tell them that.

This may be the only place outside my business forum you see me post from now on. I've had it with the way the trolls and noobs have been given the keys to the kingdom. The Mods can't even do their jobs around here any more. Hell we couldn't even do it when I was a Mod here, not without having to constantly ban people who wouldn't shut up. Now nobody wants to do that either so it's over....