• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

And another thing, Cobra...

Remember, your medical bills are tax deductible once you get over 7.5% of your taxable income. And, don't forget to keep track of the miles you drive. I think 8000 miles is worth $1000 or more.

What this means is that you will probably pay NO income tax for the next year or two. Hey, I'll take any win I can get at this point.

Well the miles to and from doc appointments, treatments and even if you have to travel to pick up something prescribed for you.

• Like 1

And another thing, Cobra...

Remember, your medical bills are tax deductible once you get over 7.5% of your taxable income. And, don't forget to keep track of the miles you drive. I think 8000 miles is worth $1000 or more.

What this means is that you will probably pay NO income tax for the next year or two. Hey, I'll take any win I can get at this point.

Well the miles to and from doc appointments, treatments and even if you have to travel to pick up something prescribed for you.

Good point.

OK...another update....I met with the Radiologist today at UNC, Dr Chera. He said the tonsils were definitely cancerous, but all the other biopsies they did while they were in there, came back NEGATIVE! Ummm...this is good news! ;-)

So now all they have to do is magically make this giant tennis ball size tumor in the side of my neck go away, and I should be cured...or at least cancer free..for now.

They did another CT scan of my head and neck today and made this plaster cast thing of my body from about tits up... I gotta get them to give me some copies of the pics they took of me lying there on the CT bed, with this sarcophagus looking thing over me head, neck and chest! It was like Jason Vorhees meets the Mummy! They wouldn't let me cross my wrists over my chest...lol! Maybe they'll let me bring it home for Halloween....hahahaha....NOT!!

Anyway....seriously...they made this thing to put over me and hold me in the exact same position every time for the radiation treatments. I guess they put marks on it for aiming their lasers or whatever, so they can work around all that other important stuff in my neck and head, while they are burning away the tumors that are left.

Yay...sounds like fun.:killer:

Hey here are a few pics I snapped today while we were waiting outside the Pharmacy...and waiting.....and waiting....:cryss:

post-1293-12553943768011_thumb.jpg

post-1293-12553943336862_thumb.jpg

Open your eyes Sandi, I'm gonna take it anyway...lol....

post-1293-12553943052451_thumb.jpg

Hey wanna see somethin gross?

Too late!:haha:

post-1293-1255393166286_thumb.jpg

post-1293-12553946903826_thumb.jpg

Something I have found out the hard way, over the past 6 LONG days and nights!.....They apparently DON'T seem to make 'take home' drugs strong enough to take away the pain where someone has cut and burned away half of the back of your throat and both your tonsils! :angry: I'm either immune to narcotics or there's just nothing that can make this not hurt. When I do go to sleep, I DREAD waking back up. (think of Freddie's worst nightmare...) That first 30 minutes or so is unbelievable.....I'll just say that.

I've been on pure Morphine, Liquid Percocets, Oxycodone, Cleocin, Liquid Tylenol Extra Strength, Cloroseptic Spray, and finally today they gave me some 3 day patches that are supposed to be the strongest narcotics they have in the hospital pharmacy, and still every time I try to swallow (which is about every ten to thirty seconds, and every time I have to take more pain meds...about every three to four hours night and day...), it feels just like getting a branding iron stuck down your throat.....:(

FUN SHIT!!!

Are you at least getting icecream?

and if so whats your favorite kind?

If you can believe it, it's actually too painful to eat ice cream. That's a myth. Ice cream leaves behind a residue that dries on the open wounds.

It's actually better to eat something like "Italian Ice", which is basically like flavored ice. It's got a syrup kinda stuff in it, but it melts away completely. Jello also works...

If that doesn't help Sly quit smoking, then he'll just have to wait until he sees that shit looking back at him in the mirror.

Lung cancer looks even worse than that.

I know a guy who said his mom went into a coughing spat a few weeks ago and wound up coughing up a chunk of her lung. As it turns out she is well into stage III lung cancer and has a couple of months left. She declined the chemo, BUT SHE DIDN'T STOP SMOKING.

Hey Cobra, I was thinking that we need to get saigateen to put up his "gawk" pics and have a poll, "Who has the nastiest mother fucking cancer?"

However, after seeing your pics, I concede the competition to you. That's some nasty, gnarly, shit.

Here's the big question: What does racegal think of actually having KISSED that mouth all this time? LOL

Edited by Bounce12
  • Like 1

I've been on pure Morphine, Liquid Percocets, Oxycodone, Cleocin, Liquid Tylenol Extra Strength, Cloroseptic Spray, and finally today they gave me some 3 day patches that are supposed to be the strongest narcotics they have in the hospital pharmacy, and still every time I try to swallow (which is about every ten to thirty seconds, and every time I have to take more pain meds...about every three to four hours night and day...), it feels just like getting a branding iron stuck down your throat.....:(

FUN SHIT!!!

Cobra, you might need to resort to some self-medication. The people who hang out in the parking lot of the local high-school might be able to assist.

FUN SHIT!!!

Cobra, you might need to resort to some self-medication. The people who hang out in the parking lot of the local high-school might be able to assist.

Smoking-marijuana.jpg

• Like 1

Uh oh look out! Fattie alert... :smoke:

Somehow I don't think that would help much bro...lol.

Bounce, it didn't look like that til after the surgeon got loose in there with a scalpel and a laser. Since then it's been pretty much a peck on the cheek.:lolol:

Uh oh look out! Fattie alert... :smoke:

Somehow I don't think that would help much bro...lol.

Bounce, it didn't look like that til after the surgeon got loose in there with a scalpel and a laser. Since then it's been pretty much a peck on the cheek.:lolol:

I'm sitting here with my face in my hands laughing my ass off.

I was pretty sure she wouldn't be interested in getting too close to that. LOL Handshakes work well too racegal. LOL

T.J. starts his Chemo this evening... and it will continue for about 3 months....

then surgery & radiation....

Please keep him (Along with Cobra and Bounce) in your prayers today....

T.J. starts his Chemo this evening... and it will continue for about 3 months....

then surgery & radiation....

Please keep him (Along with Cobra and Bounce) in your prayers today....

My schedule is nearly identical. I am three months in to my chemo - one month to go. After that, they're going to cut the lump out and then I do radiation every day (M-F) for seven weeks. Ugh.

It's un-fun, but you have to keep your sense of humor level up. That's why I gave Cobra the award for having the nastiest looking cancer. Someone gave me a -1 for that. I really don't understand why. It's a "sense of humor" thing! Jeesh! We really do have to lighten up. Cancer is tough enough. To me, pics and gawking and joking is a good thing.

• Like 2

It's un-fun, but you have to keep your sense of humor level up. That's why I gave Cobra the award for having the nastiest looking cancer. Someone gave me a -1 for that. I really don't understand why. It's a "sense of humor" thing! Jeesh! We really do have to lighten up. Cancer is tough enough. To me, pics and gawking and joking is a good thing.

Here here! Laughter is the best medicine after. I always try to find humor in the bad things that happen to me.

If that doesn't help Sly quit smoking, then he'll just have to wait until he sees that shit looking back at him in the mirror.

Lung cancer looks even worse than that.

I know a guy who said his mom went into a coughing spat a few weeks ago and wound up coughing up a chunk of her lung. As it turns out she is well into stage III lung cancer and has a couple of months left. She declined the chemo, BUT SHE DIDN'T STOP SMOKING.

I'm not promoting smoking, but A LOT of non smokers get lung cancer too, and some smokers never get cancer. it's wacky how it all works out.

• Like 1

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air....

As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped cancer patients the most with their side effects. Although I couldn't smoke anything even if I wanted to, with my throat all ripped up like it is, and my virgin lungs would want to cough up anything I put down em. I damn sure don't want to cough right now....God that would hurt like crazy....

Besides, smoking weed is illegal and I'm trying to get my FFL right now. There might be a NARC hiding here on the forum in sheeple's clothing, who would just love to use something like that against me if he could. Naaaa, I think I'll fight this fight and stay clean. :smoke:

seems like a steady flow of goods news, let hope it continues!

Just keep in mind guys, once you kill this crap, stay on top of it with check ups and whatever your Dr. recommends... Lots of cancer related deaths are from people who were essentially "cured" and burried it in their past only to have to fight the fight again later.. Beat this sucker and then make sure it doesn't come back.. I'll keep on praying for yall, I know I can't fully understand how much it sucks but that just makes me admire your determination all the more. Looking forward to any and all videos of cancer vs slug/shot.