• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

Thanks man and you couldn't be more right about that! There are a few things that come to mind for my Saiga brothers alone which would have me rolling in my grave for a long long time if they don't finally get done......

Cobra, great to hear it hasn't spred, and Juggs, we'll be praying from down south, if either of you need ANYTHING, just give a big redneck yell and we'll come a running. I think that maybe a good diet of grits, eggs, sausage, bisquits, bacon, fried chicken, smoked butt, smoked ribs, and iced SWEET TEA would help.

Shannon I did not see this thread until tonight. I wish I would have known when you called the other day. My family's prays are with both you and Drew. Let me know if I can do anything for either of you.

Shannon I did not see this thread until tonight. I wish I would have known when you called the other day. My family's prays are with both you and Drew. Let me know if I can do anything for either of you.

No prob brother. I didn't want to bring ya down on the phone. It's a lot to swallow at first. I got the package yesterday man. Hyperfast as usual!

:up:

Thanks for the prayers and good words! I'll beat this mutha.

I've been away awhile and this is the first I've seen of this. Shannon, keep your chin up! I went in a couple of years ago to get a lump checked out on my nads. I was privledged to have 2 new interns study and see how the ultrasound worked. So, for over an hour or so, I got the privlege of having three good looking girls work me over while all I could do was try and shrink it up inside me. lol. It all turned out alright. This is probably a bad time to bring this up, but a lot of times your local Chamber of Commerce would be able to offer a pretty good insurance package for small business. At least in in Houston they do. If you are a member, they can get you group rates. This sucks hearing about your cancer. My dad said the food tasted metallic after the chemo treatments. But you have a good girl by your side and you are kinda fiesty in nature, so I'm sure that you are going to give it hell! God Dammit, give it hell! I don't normally pray much, but I'll put in a word or two to the good man upstairs.

No mets is great news. Other thing to remember about the chemo is sometimes it makes you forget things while you are on it. Has something to do with the connections that the brain neurons would make during that time but don't because of the way the chemo works. Short-term stuff may be a bit screwy for a while.

That's great news that it hasn't spread. Looks like all those prayers are already paying off. You'll get through this. Hey this year at halloween you can tell kids you're radioactive. Stick some chem lights under your shirt so you glow. :lolol: You can beat cancer and maybe even have a few laughs doing it. :haha:

Also, Racegal, please keep in mind that all the attention goes to the person with cancer, and rightly so. But it takes a heavy toll on all the the loved ones around. Emotionally and physically as well. Take care of yourself so you can be strong for Cobra. Beat this shit!

I totally understand that. I took yesterday for myself. I woke up crying and pretty much did that all day. Needed to get it out of my system. Hadn't done it at all until now. I was getting an average of 4 hours sleep but I slept 9 hours last night. Think I finally got my batteries recharged. Plus I always have my family supporting me. Family is very important to me.

If you are going to be on a lot of IV's you should get a pick line. Take it from some one who had more then his fair share of IV's. If you have good veins and you only need to do an IV once a week you may not need one. Best of luck and I am glad to hear it has not spread. I am praying for you and hold you in my thoughts. Positive energy my friend. On a side note Hydromorphone is your friend just don't make it your best friend. :lolol:

Hey fellas, I'm finally back. I've been keeping you in my prayers Cobra, thanks a lot for doin the same. I named my tumor Ralph, did you name yours yet? People been telling me to stay posetive and in a good mood so i'm doing what I can. God's got my back and he's got yours too, by this time next year (or hopefully sooner) we'll both be looking back on this joking about it and adding it to the list of "Cancer Survival Stories." It sucks not having a computer, I didn't even know what you were going through until I finally talked to Juggs on the day of my biopsy, BTW that f***ing hurts, but i'm back in school now so I have access to the libraries computers.

Good Luck, I'll keep praying, and try not to let it bother ya too much. Name it and start talkin shit to it, it helps me.

Back To Class

Thanks Saigateen! Good luck to ya bro! Been thinkin 'bout cha. I guess I'll have to name mine Larry, Curly, and Moe...lol.

There's three of them bitches!:ded:

Hopefully if they end up cutting them out (that's a big if....cause I hope all this crap I'm getting ready to go through will shrink them down to nothing)...maybe they'll let me take em home so I can blast em with my S-12!:killer:

Put that shit on youtube....:lolol:

.....maybe even chainsaw bayonet revisited...:eek:

Cobra,

Sorry I haven't talked in a while but been busy fixing computers. I'm glad that your issues haven't spread. Like everyone said, keep your head high and don't sweat the small stuff. Your health is much more important to everyone here. Do what you have to do to stay healthy.

nyclu3

HOLY SHIT!!! :eek:

I have been rather scarce the past couple weeks... and havent read only a post or two here and there... and I missed this one!!!

Shannon... I am SO SORRY I missed being able to offer my condolences, and my prayers out to you before now... but it looks like you have done VERY well so far without them... ( no surprise... knowing you!! ) but they are with you now!!! :up:

If anyone can kick its ass, I KNOW you will bro!!! You are one of the most stubborn and blockheaded men I have EVER had the pleasure to know... and with those FINE qualities... there aint shit on this planet wont be QUELLED when you put your mind to beating it!!!

I have complete confidence in YOU, Shannon... this will be a story ( with a "COBRA moral" ) you will tell children in your family 30 years from now!!!

Kick some ASS bro!!! :up:

Sorry to bump this thread again...I know it's depressing. I wanted to let y'all know that I got the results back today from the two CT scans they did (head & neck, and chest)...GREAT NEWS!!! It hasn't metastasized into my lungs or anywhere below my neck! I've been extremely worried about that, given the time it has had to run it's course. Maybe I can actually SLEEP tonight! :super:

Have a great weekend everyone and thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts. They must be working!:)

Cobra, my man!

I haven't been here in months and now I'm sorry I missed this.

I have cancer too. I haven't read every post and I don't know the whole story yet, but I have a big-ass lump on my leg. I am a little over half way through chemo now. I've had this lump for three years and it's a high grade, aggressive cancer AND MINE HASN'T SPREAD EITHER - amazingly enough.

More later.

I totally understand that. I took yesterday for myself. I woke up crying and pretty much did that all day. Needed to get it out of my system. Hadn't done it at all until now. I was getting an average of 4 hours sleep but I slept 9 hours last night. Think I finally got my batteries recharged. Plus I always have my family supporting me. Family is very important to me.

Racegal, we're going through all this ourselves. Believe it or not, it passes. We spent six weeks or so in shock. I went from shock, to anger, to this and that and to 50 other emotions - all bad. Then, one day I woke up and was over it. Somehow I made friends with the situation. It wasn't anything I did, it just happened. The same thing happened to my wife and kids. It's really hard, but things get easier (and harder).

Looking death square in the face is an enlightening experience. The thing about death that makes it hard is the length of time it takes to happen. If you're in a fiery mid-air collision, you're there one second and gone the next - no problemo. However, when you have months or years to watch it happen.... whew, it's not for sissies.

Believe me, I know what you're going through. I am going through it right now myself.

The chemo regimen that I am doing is some seriously medieval shit. Sometimes I wonder how far we've really progressed beyond leeches and bloodletting.

WOW Bounce....I'm sorry to hear that bro. I wondered what had happened to ya. Man you are one of the most determined individuals I've ever known. You can make it through this shit just like I know I can. If you can survive bouncing off the ground from a chute not opening then this will be just another thing. The other things you have shared with me though, about determination and what it can do for you...well...you know exactly what I mean! Kick it's ass bro! We will all look back on this one day and just nod.

I know what you mean about coming to grips with it too. At first I was so pissed off I couldn't see straight...mainly at myself for letting it go so long. Then the black shadow drifted over me for a few days....that sucked. Then one day I said fuck it. I'm gonna beat this shit or die trying. After making that realization, I feel much better about things.

I've got a huge support group and the best that technology has to offer. I'm not afraid any more....

Glad to have you back on the forum!:super:

Cobra, I really wish I had signed in a month or more ago. I might have been able to help you as you traversed the shock and anger.

I have had a lump on my leg for at least three years. I didn't pay it any attention because it didn't hurt at all (still doesn't) and it wasn't bothering me in the slightest. I rode my bicycle over 5000 miles last summer training for a 206 mile bike race and I did the whole thing - no problem. It was incomprehensible that there was anything really wrong with me. Yeah, I did all that WITH CANCER! lol

Mine is a nasty, aggressive, high grade cancer too (with a pretty shitty survivability rate). They say they can get 60% of the people cancer free, but that it comes back 75% of the time between immediately and ten years down the road. So, doing the math... it's not a great deal, but fuck it. I'll make the most of every day I have and when the bright light finds my ass, I'll hold my head high and walk into it without any regrets.

Actually, I do have one regret - what we're doing to this country right now and what we're leaving to our kids (a mountain of debt), but there isn't much we can do about it that we're not already trying to do (marching in the streets!).

Anyway, my cancer didn't metastasize. That is amazing considering how long I've had it and how aggressive it is. I am clear other than the lump in my leg. So, I have that going for me.

Chemo - I forgot whether you have to do that - is some really nasty fucking shit. It's merciless, but I heard radiation is worse. I have three more chemo treatments (every two weeks for six more weeks) and then they're going to cut the lump out. Then I do radiation every day for seven weeks.

Here's the thing Cobra - and this is no shit - every time I start to feel self-pity I see what others are going through and I realize how good I have it. It's absolutely heartbreaking to see a bald nine year old kid sitting in a chemo chair. Fuck me man! That sucks so much. Last week, I was doing chemo and a woman two chairs down (she was bald and had obviously had a double mastectomy) leaned over and started puking into a waste basket next to her chair. Ugh! There wasn't shit anyone could do for her but sympathize. The nurses came to her aide, but shit, the woman was in absolute agony.

Compared to others, I have an easy time of it. You will hear no WHINING out of me. I feel like I am going through a day at the beach compared to others.

I sure as hell ain't lookin forward to that crap. They are supposed to give me the chemo once a week I think, along with radiation 5 days a week, for 7 weeks, then surgery if that doesn't do it. This thing feels like a tennis ball in my neck but hard like a baseball. That must be some crazy nasty shit if it can shrink that down from what it's grown to over a year now.... in just two months...without even touching it.:ded:

I hate pukin...lol...that's why I don't drink liquor very much any more.

I sure as hell ain't lookin forward to that crap. They are supposed to give me the chemo once a week I think, along with radiation 5 days a week, for 7 weeks, then surgery if that doesn't do it. This thing feels like a tennis ball in my neck but hard like a baseball. That must be some crazy nasty shit if it can shrink that down from what it's grown to over a year now.... in just two months...without even touching it.:ded:

I hate pukin...lol...that's why I don't drink liquor very much any more.

My lump is hard, too. It's the size of half a grapefruit, hard and doesn't bother me a bit. If it wasn't for the fact I can see it sticking out of my leg, I wouldn't know it's there. I'm grateful it didn't form in my abdomen or I STILL wouldn't be aware that I have it.

My lump hasn't shrunk at all. I'm not even sure the chemo is doing anything. All this pain may be for nothing in my case. That's OK, at least if we can't kill it or if it comes back I won't have any questions (what if).

The chemo made all my brown hair fall out, but my gray hair is still there. Fortunately, I'm mostly gray so I still have plenty of hair. lol

I'll be here to hear your stories of chemo, radiation and surgery and tell you mine. It's interesting to hear what others are going through.

And 1911, thanks. I will have to look up what happened to saigateen. I haven't seen that yet.

Cobra, here are some of the lessons I learned as I've proceeded through the process of dealing with cancer. Hopefully, I can help you avoid some of the pain and uncertainty I went through.

1) Stay off the internet. I know this will probably be impossible - it was for me, but all the BS you will find about your condition on the internet won't help. All the crap I read did nothing but lower my mood and my expectations of survival. Screw what has happened in every other case. You're a unique individual and cancer affect everyone differently.

2) The doctors' statistics mean NOTHING! When they tell you that you have thus and such a "chance" of this or that happening - SCREW THAT! Look, if I went back to your high school class and said there was this or that chance of you getting into Saigas based on WHO ELSE IN PREVIOUS GRADUATING CLASSES had become involved before you, you'd see the statistics are meaningless. Even if the chances are 99 - 1 against you, you are still a unique individual and what happened to all those that went before you mean nothing - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! You could easily be the 1 that makes it. When your situation plays out, they will add your outcome to the mix and tell the next guy what his chances are - it's stooopid how they do that. It's insane. Forget about doctors' statistics!

3) DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN CLINICAL TRIALS unless you have no other choice. Here's the deal on those... with "research" docs, their clinical study is their patient, not you. In order to maintain the "science" and make sense of the data, they have to put their scientific protocols first.

SCREW THEIR STUDY!

This happened to me right off the bat. They asked me if I wanted to participate in some clinical trial about how mega doses of vitamin B-6 (it was either B6 or B12) could prevent a condition that causes numbness in your fingers and toes. They promised some free vitamin shots and crap like that. Well, here's the deal... half the participants got a placebo and had to stop taking all vitamins at home. Fuck man, the LAST THING we need to do is take NO VITAMINS while we're going through chemo. I turned it down and decided to just take a shit load of B vitamins on my own.

Then, later, I had a doc tell me privately that she'd had to kick more than one doc in the ass to start seeing to the needs of the patients and STOP devoting so much time to their precious study.

The good news is that I never got that numbing in my extremities. The extra B vitamin may have worked.

4) The anti-nausea medication they have worked so well on me I started GAINING WEIGHT, but I also turned into a fucking bitch. Some people respond well to the anti-nausea stuff and some don't. For me, I never got sick, but it increased my appetite to the point where I was eating everything in sight. Moreover, it has steroids in it (not the athlete's kind, but some other kind) and it turned me stark-raving mad. It was dexamethasone. That stuff drove me bat-shit crazy. I was impossible to live with. So, if you start to get SUPER irritable, it's probably the steroid in the anti-nausea medication. AND, that shit stays with you for days.

5) People will start treating you differently. When I tell people I have cancer, I immediately follow it up with, "I'm the same guy I was before. You don't have to walk on egg shells or avoid saying certain things like "cancer" or "death" or anything like that. You can ask me if I've gone down for the big DIRT NAP yet, or can I have your S-12 when you croak, and I won't be any more offended than I would have been before (which is zero - lol)." People will start treating you differently. It goes with the territory. So, I tell them right off the bat that they don't have to do that.

More later.

Thanks for the insight Bounce. I've already experienced some of this stuff you've talked about, and it's only been a couple weeks for me so far.

The internet thing is definitely true. I've been going through that shit for at least the past six months, and it has left me depressed, pissed off, upset, bewildered, and all kinds of other shit besides informed, like I had hoped. All I did at first was do a google search on "lump in neck" and few things like that. I only succeeded in scaring the fuck out of myself reading about lymphomas and all kinds of other nasty shit. A while back I decided to just stop reading about any of it, none of it was good news.

Statistics......yeah that one hit home hard.....especially once I was actually diagnosed and knew exactly what I was up against. It was very hard in the docs office that day when they all came in to give me the bad news....then asked me if I had any questions. It was hard to even make the words come out, but I had to ask him what my chances are. Unfortunately he told me the exact same thing the internet had...50/50. I still don't believe that though, and I'm just trying to look at it differently...like I have just as good a chance to live, as die. I REFUSE to give up. I've got too much shit to do. After hearing so many people tell me they have, or have friends who have, beat this same type of cancer, I don't see why I can't beat it too. Hell my own Dad had it and they got it all....but it hadn't spread to his lymph nodes.

Thanks for the info on clinical trials. I was wondering what that was all about. I haven't even ventured to research those on the web, on all these sites that talk about the cancer. My nurse told me it would be good to read all I can on it and get educated about it, but I think I already know all I need to know about it now. Now it's in their hands, and in God's hands...I'll just be along for the ride to kick it in the ass through this whole thing that's coming.

It is definitely helpful for me, and I'm sure for Saigateen too, to be able to share this stuff and talk about it with people who are going through, or have gone through similar things. I know this is a gun forum, and some people here hate to see anything non gun related keep getting bumped to the top. I want to say to anyone who doesn't want to read about any of this anymore, or at least not every time we start talking about it, we are not trying to be attention whores. We're fighting for our lives right now quite literally, and if communicating about it with our friends here helps in any way, that's a real good thing. Please just don't click the "Cancer?" thread if it's too depressing or isn't what you want to see. Trust me, I'd rather be talking about other things, and will continue helping others with their Saiga issues, and commenting on gun related topics all over the forum.....and yes...I'll probably continue to be hounded by a few assholes who love to start shit with me on the forum, and will continue to give them shit right back 10X over.