Thanks for the insight Bounce. I've already experienced some of this stuff you've talked about, and it's only been a couple weeks for me so far.

The internet thing is definitely true. I've been going through that shit for at least the past six months, and it has left me depressed, pissed off, upset, bewildered, and all kinds of other shit besides informed, like I had hoped. All I did at first was do a google search on "lump in neck" and few things like that. I only succeeded in scaring the fuck out of myself reading about lymphomas and all kinds of other nasty shit. A while back I decided to just stop reading about any of it, none of it was good news.

Statistics......yeah that one hit home hard.....especially once I was actually diagnosed and knew exactly what I was up against. It was very hard in the docs office that day when they all came in to give me the bad news....then asked me if I had any questions. It was hard to even make the words come out, but I had to ask him what my chances are. Unfortunately he told me the exact same thing the internet had...50/50. I still don't believe that though, and I'm just trying to look at it differently...like I have just as good a chance to live, as die. I REFUSE to give up. I've got too much shit to do. After hearing so many people tell me they have, or have friends who have, beat this same type of cancer, I don't see why I can't beat it too. Hell my own Dad had it and they got it all....but it hadn't spread to his lymph nodes.

Thanks for the info on clinical trials. I was wondering what that was all about. I haven't even ventured to research those on the web, on all these sites that talk about the cancer. My nurse told me it would be good to read all I can on it and get educated about it, but I think I already know all I need to know about it now. Now it's in their hands, and in God's hands...I'll just be along for the ride to kick it in the ass through this whole thing that's coming.

It is definitely helpful for me, and I'm sure for Saigateen too, to be able to share this stuff and talk about it with people who are going through, or have gone through similar things. I know this is a gun forum, and some people here hate to see anything non gun related keep getting bumped to the top. I want to say to anyone who doesn't want to read about any of this anymore, or at least not every time we start talking about it, we are not trying to be attention whores. We're fighting for our lives right now quite literally, and if communicating about it with our friends here helps in any way, that's a real good thing. Please just don't click the "Cancer?" thread if it's too depressing or isn't what you want to see. Trust me, I'd rather be talking about other things, and will continue helping others with their Saiga issues, and commenting on gun related topics all over the forum.....and yes...I'll probably continue to be hounded by a few assholes who love to start shit with me on the forum, and will continue to give them shit right back 10X over.

I had a few buddies of mine come down with some unbeleivable shit after September 11th. The ones who stayed strong and positive and talked shit out to get things off their chest...like you are doing...bounced back. I dont know you that well, but if your posts are any indication, you seem like a tough S.O.B. My prayers are with you....stay strong!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

Cobra, about the 50/50 thing...

I heard the same exact shit. I didn't know it at the time, but I have now learned to translate "doc-speak" into English.

"50/50" in doc-speak means, "I don't have a fucking clue." That's what docs really mean when they say that. lol No shit! Any time they give you ANY percentages, it means, "I'm not sure, but if I had to guess, I'd guess.... (fill in the blank)." That's why I learned to put no creedence in their stats.

As far as being off-topic, I agree. I hope people can tolerate the thread being here and just not click it if they're not interested. One thing is for sure, if they come down with cancer themselves, they'll remember it's here and come back to it (show a little more interest in the future - lol).

About being given the bad news... I was totally speechless. I was scared shitless. I was freaked - totally. I went into shock to some degree. There is no good way to receive that kind of news.

Another thing I learned as I went through this - EVERYONE is a cancer expert. Virtually everyone I know has given me well-intentioned advice on what to do, who to see, what to take... Shit man, I have been advised to take every lotion and potion there is. One guy INSISTED that I go out and buy some kind of magic mushroom - not the illegal kind. I have been sent enough books and articles on cancer that it would take me a year to scan it all. I don't have time for that shit. Now, I politely tell them that I am going to do exactly as the docs suggests and that's it. Thanks, but I've got it covered.

Everyone has their own experience with this and they all mean well (go here, go there, talk to this or that person, read this, take that...) fuck! The advice got to be overwhelming to the point I stopped telling people I have cancer. I couldn't deal with the response. AND, like I said, they all mean well, I just don't feel like hearing it.

Talk about being in shock! I haven't been on gen chat in a while and to get on a see this!?!?! Cobra and Racegal, prayers will be constant on this! Seems like everyone I know is going through cancer with someone in their family, ours included. Cobra, your biggest asset is the woman who is standing beside you through this, you are a blessed man. COuld you imagine not having her to lean on?!

Both of you stay strong and know that y'all have a LOT of family here on the forum prayin for you!

And as was stated earlier, there are a lot of big shoulders here if you need them!

Love and prayers!

Unclejake

Seems like everyone I know is going through cancer with someone in their family, ours included. Cobra, your biggest asset is the woman who is standing beside you through this, you are a blessed man. Both of you stay strong and know that y'all have a LOT of family here on the forum prayin for you!

And as was stated earlier, there are a lot of big shoulders here if you need them!

Love and prayers!

Unclejake

No truer words can be spoken. It is not if, it is when. Sooner or later, someone you know will get "bitten". Having support is a key to getting through it. If you are the patient, the family member or "just" a friend, we all need to stay positive and strong!

All the best,

Fatboy

Seems like everyone I know is going through cancer with someone in their family, ours included. Cobra, your biggest asset is the woman who is standing beside you through this, you are a blessed man. Both of you stay strong and know that y'all have a LOT of family here on the forum prayin for you!

Love and prayers!

Unclejake

No truer words can be spoken. It is not if, it is when. Sooner or later, someone you know will get "bitten". Having support is a key to getting through it. If you are the patient, the family member or "just" a friend, we all need to stay positive and strong!

All the best,

Fatboy

Good points, and thank you for mentioning Racegal. IMO we are each going through a separate test right now, yet together.... For me, it's a test of personal strength and the will to live, in the face of something very ugly and even painful.

For her, it's a test of just how loving and supportive she can be to me through all this crap, and if she can manage to put her own personal fears aside and stay the course. Without me she would be in a world of hurt (and likewise). She needs just as big a support group as I do, to let her know people realize she is afraid of losing her love, and afraid for her future, just like I'm facing not even having one.....

I know she has that with OUR friends here, and the ones we see in person....including my own family.

I've tried to tell her this but it's falling on deaf ears. What she doesn't realize is people DO have her in their thoughts and prayers too. Just because everyone doesn't call her and tell her so, doesn't mean they don't care.

This is gonna be a long damned ordeal.....

Good points, and thank you for mentioning Racegal. IMO we are each going through a separate test right now, yet together.... For me, it's a test of personal strength and the will to live, in the face of something very ugly and even painful.

For her, it's a test of just how loving and supportive she can be to me through all this crap, and if she can manage to put her own personal fears aside and stay the course. Without me she would be in a world of hurt (and likewise). She needs just as big a support group as I do, to let her know people realize she is afraid of losing her love, and afraid for her future, just like I'm facing not even having one.....

I know she has that with OUR friends here, and the ones we see in person....including my own family.

I've tried to tell her this but it's falling on deaf ears. What she doesn't realize is people DO have her in their thoughts and prayers too. Just because everyone doesn't call her and tell her so, doesn't mean they don't care.

This is gonna be a long damned ordeal.....

You nail several things here Cobra. Two things simultaneously occurred to me when I got the news that I have cancer:

1) I would be soooo screwed without my family and,

2) What will they do without me here to do what I do for them??? They're going to be soooo screwed!

The thing is, however, that nobody on the planet has any reason to believe they will live 30 days. Any one of us could be killed in an auto accident on any given day. We just don't stop to think about it.

Many people die and leave their family deep in debt and without the income stream they generated. Talk about a SHOCK! Even if there is life insurance, the family can blow through that in a short time and be right back where they would have been without it.

Cancer gave me a no-shit sobering view at reality. WAKE UP CALL BOUNCE! TIME TO WAKE UP!!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!

I think about you and racegal several times every day.

Update on T.J. (Saigateen)

He has Ewing's Sarcoma (an aggressive bone Cancer) stage one....

He will be starting Chemo soon... we will have details on that later today....

Ok I'm bumping this bummer of a fucking thread again....

I get to be checked into a hospital and put under the knife, for the first time in my life, tomorrow morning. After they get my tonsils out and examine them and the surrounding area good, they can finally "stage" me and let me know for sure what needs to happen next.

We'll keep ya updated.

Ok I'm bumping this bummer of a fucking thread again....

I get to be checked into a hospital and put under the knife, for the first time in my life, tomorrow morning. After they get my tonsils out and examine them and the surrounding area good, they can finally "stage" me and let me know for sure what needs to happen next.

We'll keep ya updated.

I'll be thinking about you and racegal.

I go in for my excision in early November. I'm both looking forward to that and dreading it at the same time. On Wednesday, I do chemo number six of eight. Oh joy.

You're still in our prayers, Bounce, Teen, and Cobra. Update us at your leisure.

Thanks, I do chemo number 6 of 8 tomorrow morning. I'll be 75% of the way through this medieval shit after tomorrow. Chemo is some tough stuff. As I've said, I'm pretty sure that a couple of hundred years from now the docs will be sitting around chuckling about how medieval the cancer therapies used to be and wondering how the patients of the bygone eras survived BEING TORTURED with chemo and radiation.

They call it chemo because it's derived from plants. It is absorbed by your cells and kills both good and bad cells (it's not smart enough to know the difference). If they gave you chemo every day, it would kill you at some point. However, they give you a break between doses. Your good cells are supposed to regenerate faster than the cancer cells. So, they let your system regenerate to some degree and then pour in another dose of chemo to keep the cancer dying off.

It's some pretty brutal shit, but we're tough (me and teen and cobra). We'll come back stronger than ever. LOL

• Like 1

I feel for all three of you and your families! No one knows the intestinal fortitude that it takes just to survive the treatment that y'all are going through! The rest of us that aren't going through this should count our blessings! I wish that we could do more than pray and keep you in our thoughts. Y'all are an inspiration to us all, hat's off to you and rifles and mugs raised! If there is anything that we as a forum can do, let us know.

Typing in a Morphine haze righ now...weeeeeeee......:lolol:

Well the doc said he really tinks hat bad tosil was the culprit and will turn out to be the origin of cancer. Hpefullly they will know something by friday. It most likely started there and moved thru my neck into my lymph nodes.

He also did some looking around down my airways and throat while I was out. Not sure if he did any bipsies or not, been too out of it to rmmeber to ask him when I saw him.

Been a long day and will surely be a long nite. My throat feels like a grenade went off down there. Good god! More ICE CREAM gargoyle!!

Well, I can attest to the people treating you different. My dad had brain cancer about 10 years ago, and my mom started washing his dishes seperate from everybody elses in the bacteria killing dish soap. It pissed me off SO bad, but She was scared, too and was acting out in whatever way made her feel better. I gave him as many hugs as I could and told him I loved him (in a manly way, lol). Cancer sucks so fucking bad. But there are a LOT of survivors! There was just a meet and march a couple of weeks ago in my small town (3,500) where the survivors got together and swapped stories, etc. And the ones that perserverved were the ones that had the FIESTY attitudes. Despite the small town roots, there is EXCELLENT care in this area. They have some of the latest equipment on the market to fight this horrible shit. Bounce, Cobra, AND Saigatech, just know that this CAN be overcome. If anyone complains that this isn't gun forum topic, I hope Juggs bans them for life. When it comes down to it, the only real thing you have is friends and family. You can't take shit with you. I wish I would have access to a forum like this when my dad was diagnosed. You guys are the straight shooters. (no pun intended).

Cancer sucks so fucking bad. But there are a LOT of survivors!

Exactly right!!!! :super:

I am shocked at how many people I run in to that tell me they HAD cancer at some point in their past.

It's amazing.

Actually, it's amazing that so many survive the fucking chemo and radiation! LOL :lolol:

:smoke: Positive Vibration Cobra. It's just past 5 PM here in Intramuros (The Walled City), Manila. When I get off at around 8 I'm off to Manila Cathedral to light a candle for you. Many are praying you will get through this.

Somehow I know you will;

-Stay Cool Bro!;

-rastamanila :super:

:smoke: Positive Vibration Cobra. It's just past 5 PM here in Intramuros (The Walled City), Manila. When I get off at around 8 I'm off to Manila Cathedral to light a candle for you. Many are praying you will get through this.

Somehow I know you will;

-Stay Cool Bro!;

-rastamanila :super:

+1 to what rastamanila said.

Just remember Shannon.... you're too ornery and 'Johnny-Reb' to kick the bucket.

;)

Keep them updates coming Cobra, Racegal and Juggs.

I am shocked at how many people I run in to that tell me they HAD cancer at some point in their past.

Yep, my grandfather HAD prostate cancer . . . My Mom's boyfriend HAD brain cancer . . .

what music did you bring with you ?

I'll try to help partially answer that.

Heavy Metal and . . .

Saigateen is having his Chemo tube installed today.... starts treatments next wed....

No sure how many doses.. but they will keep him at the hospital wed through Sat for three weeks in a row....