• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

Well, unfortunately, it is cancer. But we have a good game plan set up with the Drs. at the UNC Cancer Hospital. His doctor made me feel much better and have much hope for a good outcome. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Shannon is busy letting his family know but will tell you however much info as he cares to later.

Damn. I was hoping to hear otherwise today. My prayers and best wishes to Shannon and all his kin.

Kick this things ass Shannon!!!!

Wow.

Cobra, you hang in there. There are alot of prayers for you right now.

And Racegal, you stay strong, you are in our prayers also......

Thanks. This has been a very difficult day. Shannon and I will fight this beast hard. Cancer didn't have any idea who it was messing with when it picked Shannon. I'm convinced that together, we can do anything including kicking the ass of this invader to his body. There's no way I'm letting him go through ANY of this alone. I guess, again, I have to be stronger than I've ever been. Because I have to. Failure here is NOT an option. I've also stressed to him the importance of a positive attitude. It could be the difference between beating this and...well...there just is no other option.

Y'all I really appreciate it. Today has been one of the worst days ever...

Even though they say alcohol and tobacco is what causes this kind of cancer most often (and I haven't smoked since I was ten) ....tonite I'm gonna get drunk as shit and get my war paint on! This shit ain't about to take the cobra down! Fuck that! I've got a plan! I probably should stay out of fight club for awhile too because my patience level just went from pretty damn low, to non existent!

The WAR starts tomorrow and unfortunately the demon alcohol is gonna have to take a back seat for awhile....dammit.

:angry:

post-1293-12535807626749_thumb.jpg

You have a strong support group behind you and you have a very good woman at your side to beat this shit!!! Stay strong and keep a positive outlook. We are all backing you on this. You guys are in my prayers.

Yes I sure do!

I've got both and appreciate them all!

...especially my partner by my side :wub:

post-1293-12535816240247_thumb.jpg

A few of my favorite passages relating to worry;

Matthew 6:25 (New King James Version

Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?

(Matthew 6.31-34 ESV)

Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up” (Proverbs 12:25, NIV).

“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4).

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-7) (Also see Psalm 55:22-23)

“…the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:26-28).

“I …have …been in prison …frequently, been flogged …severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. …I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. …Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn? If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. …I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses. …[God] said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 11:23-12:10).

Shannon;

We all have tests in life. This is one of yours.

Keep your trust & faith in the Lord & all will be well.

Try not to worry.

Chances are this will be taken care of through the doctors & hospitals.

If not, NEVER LOSE YOUR FAITH.

If a person is right with the Lord, their end is but their new beginning.

DO NOT blame the Lord.

From packaging & cooking our food in plastic containers that are made from the same petrol molecules that carcinogenic solvents are made of, to smoking & eating foods that are totally unnatural, WE (that is mankind) are responsible for many of our own ailments. Just like the Romans that died young from lead poisoning due to wine casks being lined with lead.

This is an opportunity to get closer to the Lord. (no, I did not mean it literally)

But it has opened your eyes & made you contemplate your own mortality. This may well be a blessing in disguise.

If the worst were to happen, just know that you will not be in pain.

The Lord gave us the white poppy, & when used properly & medicinally, it can completely numb your pain.

Don't get discouraged, as stated before this can create autoimmune responses that are harmful to the rest of your being.

Deal with this issue when you go to Dr.'s appointments, but TRY to leave it there.

Don't let petty things anger you. Anger releases chemicals into your body that are very harmful to your health, both mentally & physically.

MOST IMPORTANTLY;

Go have fun!

Enjoy all of the beauty of the Lord's creation. Do fun things with friends & family that you have put off due to other obligations. And do not let yourself fall into a self deprecating mentality where you view yourself as a sick person. Our reality is what we make of it.

The only difference between today & last year is that a Dr. told you that there MAY be a threat to your health.

We can do everything in mans power & knowledge to overcome our illnesses, & then get hit by a tractor trailer on the drive home.

Only the Lord knows when your time is up & he's not gonna tell you.

It is only sad when a non-believer that has been informed of the opportunity for salvation, but rejects it passes. Because then it is to late.

You have MANY people that care for you, a wife that loves you, children that look up to you, & many recreational pastimes that you can enjoy.

You are a wealthy man.

Try to focus on your blessings, not your hardships.

Thank the Lord for all he has given you, including this opportunity to get spiritually closer to him.

Often the darkest times open up the door to the brightest beginnings.

That is how a man passes his ultimate test.

Sincerely;

Paul

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

Damn, that sucks, I was almost convinced it would be no biggie. How good did the doc say the outlook was? I'm sure you will keep us up to date on your progress. After you beat it you should get a "Cancer is my bitch!" tattoo. B)

Edited by bigj480

Wow.

Cobra, you hang in there. There are alot of prayers for you right now.

And Racegal, you stay strong, you are in our prayers also......

Thanks. This has been a very difficult day. Shannon and I will fight this beast hard. Cancer didn't have any idea who it was messing with when it picked Shannon. I'm convinced that together, we can do anything including kicking the ass of this invader to his body. There's no way I'm letting him go through ANY of this alone. I guess, again, I have to be stronger than I've ever been. Because I have to. Failure here is NOT an option. I've also stressed to him the importance of a positive attitude. It could be the difference between beating this and...well...there just is no other option.

We found out on Christmas Eve, almost 3 years ago now, that Sue had cancer. ALL of the family was at the Dr. office, EVERYONE got the devistating news at the same time, It was a very quiet ride back to the house. We got out of the car and everyone headed into the house, I held back and kept Sue close to me until everyone was inside. I turned to her and looked into her eyes and said, my biggest fear is that you will drop into depression and die on me. She told me some time later that what I said to her had a profound effect and how she began to look at life differently. She didn't drop into the depression and is now almost 3 years out. Her Dr. prommised her that she would do every thing that she needed to save her life and sent her to the BEST available Dr's in this area for the other specific treatements, she never went through any of it without me.

Though I've only spoke to the two of you once, and we don't really know each other, I feel close to the two of you right now. Racegal, I do not need to tell you of the job ahead, you already know, be strong and don't give an inch.

Shannon, I've not forgotten the night you waded through the chat room with me, making me feel welcome as a newbie, you have a friend here any time of day or night...any time...I will answer the phone.

God's love to you both.

Dean

Seems like everybody's got the well wishes and prayers covered, but I'll add mine too. Guess you can't have too many prayers. You're in pretty good hands at UNC, but stay on top of Your Doc's. Ask every question you can think of and don't let them cheap out on the treatments. When my daughter had her run in with the big "C" back in '05, she was treated at UNC Chapel Hill -- 100% cured. So it's easy to beat cancer -- just keep your spirits up and your home free. Now get back to work turning out all those cool Saiga parts.

And Racegal stay on him. No negative waves ya hear :super:

PS. Don't worry about the Insurance. We had it, but still had more bills after than anyone can imagine. Looking back after a couple years it all works out and isn't the big freakin' disaster that it seems like at the time.

Bro! That suck's! I'm gonna get about 30 pumpkin's I'm gonna paint up with "Cobra's cancer" And BLAST THE HELL OUT OF EM With your S12 Kit!!!!! Just for you. I dont have a video camera. But I will take pic's. I think I'll start at 20yd's with some #4, then show some punkin's what a punkin ball really is at 100.........I'm pissed!

Shannon,

Good to hear from you back on the forum. And like many before me stated, its time to stay positive and beat this crap. Keep the faith and the rewards will be beautiful. And do what the doctor tells you to do or I'll come up there and be on you like a cracked up spider monkey high on Mt. Dew :haha:

Edited by GeorgiaPD

I'm gonna learn a whole new art come tomorrow.....I've known for years what the power of positive thinking can do....I just stay so damn pissed off all the time at assholes that I deprive myself of the benefits. I'm turning a new leaf. Sorry to all those who get so entertained by my rants and shit. I can't afford that any more for awhile.

I prayed hard last night and all morning for Saigateen. Juggs I hope he's ok.

• Like 1

I'm gonna learn a whole new art come tomorrow.....I've known for years what the power of positive thinking can do....I just stay so damn pissed off all the time at assholes that I deprive myself of the benefits. I'm turning a new leaf. Sorry to all those who get so entertained by my rants and shit. I can't afford that any more for awhile. ...

Good idea! And don't sweat it! If needed, I can just recycle some of your old ones! I have a file!! 021.gif

Hang tough!

Shannon,

USE that anger! It is a powerful force. Visualize the offending growth and mentally annihilate that bitch like it was a Saiga magazine wrapper!

Prayers and best wishes, and I hope they find that it was really just an errant 12ga. hull, from that S-12 that was REALLY over gassed!