• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

I've been on pure Morphine, Liquid Percocets, Oxycodone, Cleocin, Liquid Tylenol Extra Strength, Cloroseptic Spray, and finally today they gave me some 3 day patches that are supposed to be the strongest narcotics they have in the hospital pharmacy, and still every time I try to swallow (which is about every ten to thirty seconds, and every time I have to take more pain meds...about every three to four hours night and day...), it feels just like getting a branding iron stuck down your throat.....:(

FUN SHIT!!!

Cobra, you might need to resort to some self-medication. The people who hang out in the parking lot of the local high-school might be able to assist.

Smoking-marijuana.jpg

Medicinal Marijuana does little to kill pain.

It does however brighten your mood, so this aspect helps greatly, as the psychological effects of long term pain & not knowing when it will end can be about as bad as the pain its self.

It is also quite useful during chemo to restore a Pt.s appetite, as chemo tends to wipe out any desire to eat.

"take-home" Pain meds will only take the edge off.. If they gave you enough to actually kill the pain & didn't have someone to monitor your vital signs, you would possibly kill yourself by accident, as pain meds are respiratory relaxants.

Yeah, I know, It sucks.

On a side note, Your hospital pics look just like the new cancer center @ my hospital.. So much so that at first I thought, "He's in Portland?!?" :unsure:

Hope you're feeling better.

And Bounce, Saigateen, You guys hang in there as well.

It seems like forever to us men, but it is just a blink of an eye to eternity.

That's cool, just wasn't sure if I had somehow offended some poor pitifully pathetic soul here with God only knows what this time....

Thanks Juggs, you da man.:smoke:

No shit, Cobra.

I thought maybe I'd managed to piss you off with my catfish bait comment.

I am totally adjusted to my cancer and can make fun of the whole thing at this point. I didn't stop to think that I'd piss someone off with my snarky comments.

I think all my posts are still here.

• Like 1

Cobra, Saigateen and Bounce - just wanted to add my well wishes. Will keep you in my thoughts and try to send positive vibes your way. Racegal, Juggs - keeping you in my thoughts as well - this has to be ultrahard on you as well and you are just as key to your loved ones well being as any meds and doctors.

I got more good news. I will be back early next month with no less than four days to have fun and help Shannon unwind/blow off steam/whatever.

Future is looking really bright. In the next few months I may be able to start working full time hours with Cobras Custom without the army getting in the way.

I got more good news. I will be back early next month with no less than four days to have fun and help Shannon unwind/blow off steam/whatever.

Future is looking really bright. In the next few months I may be able to start working full time hours with Cobras Custom without the army getting in the way.

This = GOOD :super:

Thank you very much and you are 100% correct. If it wasn't for Racegal I don't know where I would be now.

Life is what happens while we wait on everything to get "right" in our lives. If we are not careful we stay so focused on that goal that we don't notice it till it's mostly gone by.

I am glad to see that you are living yours!

• Like 2

Thank you very much and you are 100% correct. If it wasn't for Racegal I don't know where I would be now.

Life is what happens while we wait on everything to get "right" in our lives. If we are not careful we stay so focused on that goal that we don't notice it till it's mostly gone by.

I am glad to see that you are living yours!

EXACTLY!

Damn straight.

The validity of this "lesson in life" has been proven to me time and again. I've wondered why the poor liberals haven't discovered this as they waste their lives away waiting for that big gubmnt check. This lesson it true for EVERYONE. Those who fail to learn it will waste their life away.

Edited by Bounce12

Azrial's words are so right on the mark.

I am going to take my kids out shooting today. None of us knows for sure how many good days we have out in front of us, but when you have cancer like I do, it really presses the point home.

I don't want to waste a single second of it. Considering the political situation in this country - especially with the illegals and drugs cascading across the border right here, right now - it wouldn't surprise me that my kids may have to defend themselves at the point of a gun at some point in their lives.

Taking them out shooting could be the most valuable thing I do with whatever time I have left. There really is no more productive way to spend the day than that.

• Like 1

This post needs to be prefaced with a disclaimer. Read carefully:

This post contains TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

When you get done with it you will say, "Bounce, that is more than I needed to hear. I would have gotten through my day just fine without knowing this. It really is TOO MUCH INFORMATION."

Please feel free to move on to another post right now.

This post contains graphic information not suited to all readers and reader discretion is advised. It's most definitely MORE information than doctors recommend.

LOL OK, for those of you who are still reading....

This bout of cancer has taught me a lot of things that I was previously unaware of. For instance, I have learned the value of every single hour of every single day. I have learned not to waste a second of it. I have learned that it's OK to do impractical shit just because you feel like it (like flying to PHX yesterday to go shooting). I never would have done that without having cancer. I have learned the value of passing down knowledge and experience to my kids. With the proper instruction, kids can be GREAT with guns. I have learned how many people in our society have cancer. Shit man, we're everywhere and it strikes young and old alike. I have learned how life is patently UNFAIR and that's just the way it is. Life can be FANTASTIC and life can be BRUTAL - that's all part of the game. I have learned that I can have a seriously deadly disease and laugh about it - make jokes about it - for real.

This morning I learned something else - the value of one's pubes. I have never thought much about pubic hair and the only time I was ever really aware of it was when it was tickling the inside of my nose as I ate pussy. Seriously, who ever pays it any attention???

Well, I was getting in the shower today and noticed that most of my pubes have fallen out due to the chemo. I still have hair on my head, but the hair on my legs and my pubes are nearly gone.

YIKES!!!! It's a shock and it's scary. OMG, WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME????

Another lesson I've learned from cancer. VALUE YOUR PUBES. When they leave you, you're in for a shocker!

LOL

I warned you. It would be more information that you wanted.

Edited by Bounce12

T.J. Starts Chemo for four days in a row... (Wed Oct 21)

then 3 weeks three weeks off.. Repeat 4 times...

then surgery... and may be radiation at the end....

They are ASSUMING that it has spread....

Wow TJ you hang in there bud! I'm pulling hard for ya! That sounds like some pretty intense treatment right out of the gate. I was at the hospital for most of the day yesterday myself.

Found out my schedule will be like this.... Starting radiation and chemo next Monday the 26th. Then every weekday after that for 7 weeks I'll be going in for radiation. Somewhere in the middle I'll be getting another infusion (chemo)...then again toward the end.

I'll also be trying a new drug as part of a clinical study. It's taken orally and is meant to add to the positive effects of the chemo, which is supposed to add to the effects of the radiation....this new drug has shown some promise in treating some other cancers, so they want to see how it can possibly help head and neck cancer like I have.

Going in this Friday for a dry run on the radiation therapy. They basically want to get familiar with the upper body and head and neck cast they made for me to keep me in the right position for the radiation zapping. I'll ask them if Sandi can take some pics. Should be quite festive for All Hallows Eve....maybe I can take the cast home for Halloween...lol. ugghhh:ph34r:

BOUNCE!!!!:eek:

DUDE.....:lolol:

T.J. Starts Chemo for four days in a row... (Wed Oct 21)

then 3 weeks three weeks off.. Repeat 4 times...

then surgery... and may be radiation at the end....

They are ASSUMING that it has spread....

That's the standard chemo treatment. Since I am such an old fucker, they're splitting each chemo into two infusions every two weeks. They give me HALF a dose every two weeks and I'm here to tell you THAT'S PLENTY. My hat's off to TJ for being a young and tough guy.

Then, I will go to surgery and then I do the same radiation - every day (M-F) for seven wonderful weeks - lol.

They blast your system with chemo to kill any stray cancer cells throughout your body. They have to ASSUME they're there, but the reality is the whole thing could be for nothing (if the cancer cells really haven't spread). You'll never know for sure.

Here's the deal with me... if I do the chemo and the cancer spreads or comes back, at least I'll know they did everything they could. If I decline the chemo and it spreads, everyone will be left wondering... if I had just done the chemo, would I have lived longer...

I am down to two chemos treatments to go. I do my second to last one this morning. I'll be in a really shitty mood for the next couple of days - HUMOR LOW LEVEL ALERT!

Wow TJ you hang in there bud! I'm pulling hard for ya! That sounds like some pretty intense treatment right out of the gate. I was at the hospital for most of the day yesterday myself.

Found out my schedule will be like this.... Starting radiation and chemo next Monday the 26th. Then every weekday after that for 7 weeks I'll be going in for radiation. Somewhere in the middle I'll be getting another infusion (chemo)...then again toward the end.

I'll also be trying a new drug as part of a clinical study. It's taken orally and is meant to add to the positive effects of the chemo, which is supposed to add to the effects of the radiation....this new drug has shown some promise in treating some other cancers, so they want to see how it can possibly help head and neck cancer like I have.

Going in this Friday for a dry run on the radiation therapy. They basically want to get familiar with the upper body and head and neck cast they made for me to keep me in the right position for the radiation zapping. I'll ask them if Sandi can take some pics. Should be quite festive for All Hallows Eve....maybe I can take the cast home for Halloween...lol. ugghhh:ph34r:

BOUNCE!!!!:eek:

DUDE.....:lolol:

Good luck with that!!! I can't wait to see the pics. I will take some more myself after they cut my lump out and as radiation obliterates my skin.

I've heard that after seven weeks of radiation, your skin has pretty much had it and I have a rather large area on my leg they're going to radiate.

My leg should be great for gawking-pics by the end of that. LOL

I got some news today - good and bad.

The good news is that I went in to do my SECOND TO LAST chemo and it turned into my LAST treatment. So, when I recover from this chemical invasion of my body, I'm done with the chemo.

That was the good news.

The bad news is that the reason they're terminating chemo early is because it doesn't appear to be effective.

So, the plan now is to just cut the lump out and radiate the area. Then, whatever happens, happens and that will be it.

Wow man that was some surprising news. I guess it's good they didn't want to put your body through any more of that stuff than is absolutely necessary. That will certainly leave you with more strength to fight the bitch. Hopefully they can just remove it and it will stay gone. Sending good vibes westward bro!

Keep fighting, Bounce12 - why didn't they cut it off first and then nuke it? Just curious. My dad had brain cancer and they cut it out before the chemo, so I was wondering?! T.J., I know you aren't in any position to hear me, but I am still talking to you! Hang on 'bro! And know that there are a LOT of us here that are pulling for you, as well as for Bounce and Cobra! Bounce, you seem to have the good attitude, good perspective and fight. Why is pussy hair curly? So you don't get your eyes poked out! lol. Cobra, I hope you got to see a hell of a star show, and enjoy the good home cooking from Racegal. You all take care.

Wow man that was some surprising news. I guess it's good they didn't want to put your body through any more of that stuff than is absolutely necessary. That will certainly leave you with more strength to fight the bitch. Hopefully they can just remove it and it will stay gone. Sending good vibes westward bro!

Thanks for the strength vibes. I can use them all.

And to BronCobra, I have no clue why they choose to do things exactly like they do. The real bottom line is, I think there is a shit load more that they DON'T know about shit than what they DO know. In some ways, honestly, I think we really haven't progressed all that far beyond the medieval days of bloodletting and leeches. Seriously.

Sometimes, they just throw everything they have at it and hope it's effective. When it's not, they say, "Well, we did our best with what we have" and that's basically it. Whatever happens, happens.

I'm not dead yet! lol I still have the surgery and seven weeks of daily radiation to go through. What a joy that will be (cough, cough). lol

As an aside, have any of you seen "Enemy at the Gates?" It's a movie set in WWII when Hitler was invading Stalingrad. In the movie, the Russians that survived any given day partied their asses off that night. They were partying, drinking, laughing and singing and dancing and shit. That's almost where I am - mentally. Shit, I survived another day! Yipeeee. Fuck an A, this is great! That's one way to keep a healthy state of mind. When you are pretty well assured of croaking, you get in a good mood when you make it to the end of any given day.

I'm not quite to the point of counting each and every day, but attitude-wise, it's pretty close. I've learned to VALUE each and every day AS IF it was my last.

I've learned to VALUE each and every day AS IF it was my last.

As one who has been there and earned the Tshirt, it is a shame that we have to go through a life altering event to make us realize it. This is a lesson that everyone should take note of. One never knows what and when anything may happen. Always strive to be at peace with yourself!

All the best to you guys.

As an aside, have any of you seen "Enemy at the Gates?" It's a movie set in WWII when Hitler was invading Stalingrad. In the movie, the Russians that survived any given day partied their asses off that night. They were partying, drinking, laughing and singing and dancing and shit. That's almost where I am - mentally. Shit, I survived another day! Yipeeee. Fuck an A, this is great! That's one way to keep a healthy state of mind. When you are pretty well assured of croaking, you get in a good mood when you make it to the end of any given day.

We celebrate every day you guys are here too...

Great film.... all about Tula's 91/30 sniper rifles!!!!

Even though my suffering has been second hand, I have developed a strong hatred for cancer as of late...

And not to bitch or sound like a worried mom....

If any of y'all are smokers or doing stupid stuff increase your odds of bringing this evil into your life... I urge you to stop!!!

I quit after 18 years or so of smoking... it ain't easy...but you can do it...

Not trying to be PC..... just trying to have it where I got more people around to go shootin' with.... FWIW.....