Would you support public executions?

Where do you stand?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand?

• I would support public executions
    • I am neutral
    • I would not support public executions
    • Where can I sign up for the firing squad

Make it available to anyone that wants to see it. Make it mandatory veiwing in prisons. Give the victims family the option of how he dies and let them be the executioner if they wish. But if I really had my wish there would be no capitol punishment. I think thats too easy. Instead he should be subjected to an environment where he only wishes he were dead, not like our present prison system.

• Like 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might support them if there was any reason to believe that it would do any good. A bit of research will show you that the death penalty is not an effective deterrent to crime. It seems that the se

"Trollish"? Not at all. It looks like you have become defensive and employed the common technique of Projection to protect your ego. You said that you liked the fact that you could 'walk down the s

I guess in my book "regular" and "almost unheard of" are contradictory terms.   Well if you like it so much there maybe you should look into immigrating. Good luck with that.

Posted Images

That guy you render, and make enough biodiesel to run a Kenworth truck from coast to coast!

Everyone else we hang.

I'm sure I have said this here before, but my Father told me of witnessing 2 public hangings here in PG Co. MD. The County gallows still exists and is stored in the Upper Marlboro Courthouse, as the large branch facing the Courthouse of the Oak tree in the square is the official gallows tree.

As my Father was born in 1908, these would have taken place by the 1920's. It was at that time considered a part of the education of a boy to see what the consequences of their actions could be. The measure of a man was his honesty and taking responsibility for the results of their own actions.

It is a sad commentary on our society that those lofty ideals that our forefathers strove so ardently to instill in the future have been tossed to the wayside. The concept of self control,honesty,and a clear conscience is just a bunch of meaningless babble to the average person. More is the pity. I sleep the deep and easy sleep of a honest man. Try it, it's a wonderful thing.

We are cut from the same cloth my friend, I couldn't have said it any better myself. People are scared to admit the reality of what our forefathers faced, it wasn't pretty but they did what was needed to have a clear slate for the future. Fu*ked people where not lingering around on death roll, and the impact it must have had on a young boy toying with trouble would have given pause to such thoughts!

• Like 1

I voted yes. I think we should all face the reality of our death penalty. We will definitely respect the magnitude of the crimes committed and the punishment deserved. If more "Gangstas" saw their buddies at the end of a rope pissing their pants in front of the entire community it would have a beneficial effect on the crime rate.

I am for public hangings, but I don't think that they should be funded by people trying to sell things.

"This lethal injection was brought to you by Honda," is something that should not be a part of our justice system in my opinion.

The victims families getting $100,000 in ad money or a new Honda isn't going to unrape or unmurder their family member.

Just wondering here... :unsure:

I just have to wonder how many people here who want to watch people die, are very well acquainted with death.

How many they have watched die. How many dead bodies they have had to deal with personally.

Up close & personal. Not from any distance.

I would venture to speculate, not many.

Personally, I have had my fill of death for this lifetime.

Till my time comes.

I've stated it before, and so I do again.

I further do not believe in lengthy sentences, nor the taxpayer footing the bill, I believe in the death penalty.

No prison sentence should be longer than 5 yrs, and all prisoners must work or be supported by their families.

Can't/won't pay your room and board? Die dirtbag.

No more lengthy appeals processes, no more 20 yrs on death row, no more burdens on the taxpayers.

Back to truly speedy trials and public hangings.

• Like 1

I'm against the death penalty. It's not that I don't believe murdering scumbags should be put down, it's that I do not trust the government to determine that a person is guilty or deserving of anything. Anything at all. ANYTHING. They're worthless and they lie. I don't want them having that power. Because yes, allowing the death sentence is giving the government more power, which is bad.

I'm against the death penalty. It's not that I don't believe murdering scumbags should be put down, it's that I do not trust the government to determine that a person is guilty or deserving of anything. Anything at all. ANYTHING. They're worthless and they lie. I don't want them having that power. Because yes, allowing the death sentence is giving the government more power, which is bad.

Thats why it is supposed to Our job as Citizens to sit as Jurors, and determine the guilt of the accused.

We have one of the better judicial systems, when it works as designed.

It is up to you and I, not the Government.

• Like 1

I just have to wonder how many people here who want to watch people die, are very well acquainted with death.

How many they have watched die. How many dead bodies they have had to deal with personally.

Till my time comes.

This might have been a more solid argument a few years ago, but we're churning out combat vets every day now.

A better question might be have you been close to death, and if so what was the manner that you were close to it? After all a doctor in a ER might know death, but its a different animal to him than a Cancer patient, or a combat vet. War is hell and will quickly show someone the grizly reality of BOTH sides of death.

Simply put, sometimes in the fucked up path of life people need to die.

public viewing would likly be saved for :dollar: high profile criminals :dollar:

IRAM.gifSurvives_Sniper.gifPilot_execution_Iraq.gifApache_ends_misery.gifGaza_capped.gifIraqi_carbomb_vaporized.gifCollateral_damage_Iraq.gifJuba_sniper_Iraq.gifRPG_arm_Iraq.gifIraqi_RPG_headshot.gif

Edited by Nailbomb
  • Like 1

Thats why it is supposed to Our job as Citizens to sit as Jurors, and determine the guilt of the accused.

We have one of the better judicial systems, when it works as designed.

It is up to you and I, not the Government.

I've seen our government refuse a trial, twice. And all they have to do now is call you a terrorist and you have no rights, including no right to a trial. There are so many backdoors to every right you think you have. I say stop giving them power.

If we are going to put people to death I support the executions being public.

Society need to understand the consequences of its laws. Executing people in back rooms behind closed doors sweeps it under the rug.

It would be a great deterrent. Executing people in back rooms behind closed doors sweeps it under the rug and does not strike fear into the hearts of criminals the way capital punishment should.

... But we have a very fucked up judicial system that is both flawed and corrupt. Poor and innocent people go to jail every day. Rich and guilty people walk free every day. At the philosophical level I have no problem with capital punishment and would fully support it, but only if we can be 100% sure that the convicted are guilty. Until such time I think we have no business executing people.

Till my time comes.

This might have been a more solid argument a few years ago, but we're churning out combat vets every day now.

A better question might be have you been close to death, and if so what was the manner that you were close to it? After all a doctor in a ER might know death, but its a different animal to him than a Cancer patient, or a combat vet. War is hell and will quickly show someone the grizly reality of BOTH sides of death.

public viewing would likly be saved for :dollar: high profile criminals :dollar:

IRAM.gifSurvives_Sniper.gifPilot_execution_Iraq.gifApache_ends_misery.gifGaza_capped.gifIraqi_carbomb_vaporized.gifCollateral_damage_Iraq.gifJuba_sniper_Iraq.gifRPG_arm_Iraq.gifIraqi_RPG_headshot.gif

At times things do need to happen.

But what is to be said about those uninvolved who just want to watch a person die simply out of morbid curiosity?

It just reminds me of the thrill-killer types who just do it for the experience.

I have personally dealt with enough death, blood and gore for a lifetime. I think the majority of the folks saying yes don't know exactly what they're asking for. That or they're just sick fucks looking for a masturbatory aid.

Edited by shaneman153a
  • Like 1
I think the majority of the folks saying yes don't know exactly what they're asking for. That or they're just sick fucks looking for a masturbatory aid.

I call bullshit.

The vast majority here simply want true justice, a end to the repeat violent offenders and a end to the wasted taxpayer dollars keeping human trash alive and well, serving prolonged/life terms.

We don't want blood & gore, we want quick & clean public executions, e.g. hanging, firing squad and lethal injection.

We know what we're asking for, we want the real sick fucks dead, no longer any threat to society.

• Like 1
I think the majority of the folks saying yes don't know exactly what they're asking for. That or they're just sick fucks looking for a masturbatory aid.

I call bullshit.

The vast majority here simply want true justice, a end to the repeat violent offenders and a end to the wasted taxpayer dollars keeping human trash alive and well, serving prolonged/life terms.

We don't want blood & gore, we want quick & clean public executions, e.g. hanging, firing squad and lethal injection.

We know what we're asking for, we want the real sick fucks dead, no longer any threat to society.

+1

Our liberal, media-controlled society has warped the minds of even our most sympathetic brothers. Come on everyone, let's humanize the criminal and give him a face and a name. Let's hold a vigil to bring light to his plight. What about the fucking victims? Do you remember their names? Do you keep up with the struggles their families face everyday? Death row is not for the kind of people whose deaths should affect us. It is for animals who dehumanized themselves by their criminal choices. If you've seen enough death and gore to last a lifetime then don't watch! But I think that those of us who believe crime is a cancer that threatens our community should be allowed to see that cancer cut out. And I think it's pretty messed up that those who believe public execution is a masturbatory aid should judge the rest of us. Really, a masturbatory aid? Wow.

• Like 3

It's just an opinion, and two anonymous posters who have never dealt with what they're talking about (Okay, maybe sapper has) are not going to change it.

And opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but not everyone speaks out of theirs, apparently knowing all about anonymous posters life experiences.

And opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but not everyone speaks out of theirs, apparently knowing all about anonymous posters life experiences.

Everyone here does. That's pretty much what an internet forum is made of.....opinions...and here's another popular one:

post-2098-12593928093246_thumb.jpg

Personally, I am not saying that I am against capitol punishment.

Just after the trial, in the corridor force the victim to his knees & do a quick double tap to the back of the head.

If you want the word to spread, send his family a bill for the bullets.

The part I am opposed to is the years long wait & public spectacle.

If you want true effectiveness, show that there is no chance of appeal or fight.

adversity.jpg

If their innocent, & right with the Lord, they have nothing to worry about.

If they are atheist & think that there is nothingness after death, if they are right, once again, they have nothing to worry about... Unless their wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_82Y4ng4CM

That guy you render, and make enough biodiesel to run a Kenworth truck from coast to coast!

Everyone else we hang.

I'm sure I have said this here before, but my Father told me of witnessing 2 public hangings here in PG Co. MD. The County gallows still exists and is stored in the Upper Marlboro Courthouse, as the large branch facing the Courthouse of the Oak tree in the square is the official gallows tree.

As my Father was born in 1908, these would have taken place by the 1920's. It was at that time considered a part of the education of a boy to see what the consequences of their actions could be. The measure of a man was his honesty and taking responsibility for the results of their own actions.

It is a sad commentary on our society that those lofty ideals that our forefathers strove so ardently to instill in the future have been tossed to the wayside. The concept of self control,honesty,and a clear conscience is just a bunch of meaningless babble to the average person. More is the pity. I sleep the deep and easy sleep of a honest man. Try it, it's a wonderful thing.

We are cut from the same cloth my friend, I couldn't have said it any better myself. People are scared to admit the reality of what our forefathers faced, it wasn't pretty but they did what was needed to have a clear slate for the future. Fu*ked people where not lingering around on death roll, and the impact it must have had on a young boy toying with trouble would have given pause to such thoughts!

Thank you for the knowledge that I am not the last to understand the meaning of being a man. The ideals that made America great may be under attack by those who refuse to take any responsibility for their actions (or inactions),but as long as there are a few of us left their is hope for our children's future. Teach your children well.

Till my time comes.

1st a question: What is the top right video of?

My take on this: I would rather just take all death row inmates and lifers to live on an island deep in the Pacific somewhere to be forgotten, not televised, not profited from, just indifferently forgotten. They would have to fend for themselves in the ultimate "game" of Survivor, literally. They can band together and form a society that functions and better themselves through their shared struggle or they can kill and rape each other, either way I do not care. They would be only costing me pennies of what they used to and no more innocent people i.e the jury, have to have a death sentence on their conscious. I think a Ray Liotta movie was based on this concept.

Edited by 690gr

I'm with twinsen on this one, I don't support capital punishment by the state, but I do support vigilante justice on the part of a victim's family. If you feel that a trial has been sufficient in proving the accused is responsible for a family member's death, and you're able to get a shot off at them, or eliminate them in any fashion, I think you should be free from prosecution, or maybe just be looking at some sort of misdemeanor punishable by a small fine. You could only do it after a guilty verdict had been rendered.

I just don't trust any lawyers, be it prosecutors or defenders. They are all scum of equal caliber, they just work for different sides. Hell, they probably all get together and hang out on the holidays. The ethical systems that attorneys work under is totally fucked up.

• Like 1

Hahaha good post Cameron. Yeah sign me up for sure! I can build a nice gallows, tie one hell of a noose, and would love to draw down on some of these scum that infest our downtown streets in my town (just don't give me the blank round please...lol), and do it as a public service with other upstanding citizens who like me, would show up early every week. :super::super::super::super::super::super:

Kinda funny actually...I've been telling people for years that would solve a shit ton of the inner city problems we have here....if dem homeboys out there selling crack all day on every corner (in broad daylight with cops riding by all the time and knowing it :rolleyes: ) were made to watch (or had the privilege of watching) dey cuzs swingin from the gallows on hanging day for that rape dey would have gotten away with to do again.....or that cap dey popped in dat sucka's back when dey was robbing his house last nite just a few blocks away from the shithole that breeds these rats....the same property that used to be valuable historic land til it was given to these low lifes for free, to abuse, trash up, and make the whole downtown area look bad, and make people afraid to go downtown for a nice walk through the historical properties of this capital city of our state.

I distinctly remember the last time I was having that conversation here at my home, around some of my wife's liberal friends....ooooh that was a night...one of em turned up missing and we were all sitting around wondering what happened to him. Turns out he was outside on my front porch crying....lol! Waaaa

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

I might support them if there was any reason to believe that it would do any good. A bit of research will show you that the death penalty is not an effective deterrent to crime. It seems that the serious criminals don't do a whole lot of worrying about silly things like the consequences of getting caught.

In another vein I would like to think that such barbaric activities are one of the things that separate the US of A from extremist Muslim and communist countries where they do such things.

• Like 2