Chaos Steel 8rd box mag!

No longer just talk, we are well into the die manufacturing of this large and expensive project. Chaos doesn't just want to manufacture cool saiga products, but dominate the look, feel and functionality of our beloved S12. This is a project I cannot rush because top quality is the main factor here. Chaos will be manufacturing a very impressive magwell lockup for these all steel mags. We are holding very close the original AK 47 military made grade steel mags. Once we have all the tooling made and are hitting parts I will be able to give first order dates. At some point Chaos will take pre-orders but not yet.

The cost: we are projecting these to hit the market around $52-$58 ea. The magwell around $100

Just a taste, this is close but not the final product. We will be posting updates as we go. As some of you may have notice, I haven't been on the forum much, this is way, this entire project is being done in house by Chaos, mag design, die designs, die builds, the works!

8rdboxmagrendering1.jpg8rdboxmagrendering2.jpg8rdboxmagrendering3.jpg8rdboxmagrendering4.jpg

• Like 2

That's pretty damn cool Cameron

Maybe I missed it in another thread, but will this be a custom magwell for these mags? Any chance the mags will work with a Russian magwell? I'm thinking not, but thought I'd ask.

Z

Bad ass! :super:

But I'll need your Magwell to use them?

will there be any that can be used without a magwell?

Does that mean my beloved factory-5 wouldn't work anymore?

I will be in if you can make them as dependable as the Russians.

Have you tested prototypes?

They will be able to cycle 3" magnum... Right?

• Like 1

We are releasing a rock&lock version as well with a patent pending front tab design that will allow these to lock up in any S12 with out mod to mag or weapon. But we will be releasing the mag designed for our magwell first, this will not work with other lockups because all the others are designed for plastic mags and would not hold up to the metal mating surfaces. Our goal is too change peoples perspective in referring to the factory five rounder as the most reliable. I've been around saiga's long enough to know not to make a statement like this lightly. Fact is I have studied the factory mag very closely during the development of our own design. These Russians designers are brilliant and very talented, and I have nothing but respect for them. IMO they do things old school, which I feel is really the way things should be done!

• Like 2

We are releasing a rock&lock version as well with a patent pending front tab design that will allow these to lock up in any S12 with out mod to mag or weapon. But we will be releasing the mag designed for our magwell first, this will not work with other lockups because all the others are designed for plastic mags and would not hold up to the metal mating surfaces. Our goal is too change peoples perspective in referring to the factory five rounder as the most reliable. I've been around saiga's long enough to know not to make a statement like this lightly. Fact is I have studied the factory mag very closely during the development of our own design. These Russians designers are brilliant and very talented, and I have nothing but respect for them. IMO they do things old school, which I feel is really the way things should be done!

:smoke: Sold! :dollar:

• Like 1

Very Interesting!

I am sure that it will be of high quality and am glad that you will make a normal rock and lock version. I am personally not willing to forgo my MD20 for a magwell at this time.

I don't care about competition myslef and would encourage you not to abandon building a 7-8 rounder totally in favor of a 10+.

I am going to put money aside now and be ready to jump on those rock n lock mags when they hit the shelves.

Thanks for all the work you guys are putting into these mags!

I also like the 8 round count on the mags, I think I can rig up a MOLLE system LBV for mags that size.

I think 8 rounds per mag will be fine if I can pack 6 or so mags onto my vest.

Cameron,

As long as you are making mags and a magwell, maybe you should design the mag with a back tab on the follower that could engage a LRBHO that you could design at a later time.

Removing the regular mag lever might free up space for such a thing. With the magwell, the lever wouldnt be important anymore.

That would be nice.

Edited by headshot

ETA: Are you planning on having a non magwell version?

Fucking eh! :eyes_droped:

Read... The 6th post above yours (#15) is Cameron announcing rock-n-lock mags for us.

Edited by ChileRelleno