Weapon Light

Your gun is one of the most awesome on the net....

Just one question though...

Why no Tromix folding stock? :unsure:

Actually that gun has been in several different configurations and has had pretty much every available stock.

Currently it has a super-rare, uber-cool M249 folder on it. Check out how compact the hinge is, and the way it locks into position both open and closed. It easily locks and unlocks with finger pressure and is totally wobble-free. AND it has the amazing Shoulder Thing That Goes Up.

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

Edited by BobAsh
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I voted for "Other". I'm seriously "Old school".......

I have a TRL-2 by Streamlight.

It's kind of hard to use sights with NVGs on but I still want a pair   I've used high power green lasers at night to light up cars when I was a gunner. Yeah a green laser can light up a dark room

Posted Images

just bought this one, can anyone recommend where to get a good attachment device(?)

My link

never mind..found one on the same website!! both items together cost me about $21.00 and free shipping

My link

Here is mine.....bracket showed up damaged....waiting for replacement to mount it....

Got mounting bracket and found pressure switch to be incorrect :cryss:

But....I can reach the push button on the back of the light without moving my hand from handguard grip...so not using pressure switch....its going back

post-22193-052961000 1283453500_thumb.jpg

post-22193-002744700 1283899066_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saiga Power

I just bought an Olight M 20 S and purchased the tac pressure pad . This is BRIGHT ! The manufacturer claims 320 lumens and I believe it . Used it last night in an area that is pitch black . This unit lit it up like it was day . A bright white light with good spread guaranteed to blind any prep . Next I went to the end of my street and aimed the beam at the house rounding out the cul-de-sac . At 80 yards the home was lit up and if anyone was hiding down there , they would have been easily seen . The M 20 S has 4 settings and a memory . The S stands for side as there is an extra side button that can be pressed to automatically access the strobe ( though trying to get to it mounted to the weak side of the gun would be awkward ) then using the pressure pad to go back to the mode you set at your " go to " setting. Then I went to You Tube and viewed a clip showing the M 20 S being put through 7 tests including freezing it in block of ice, Boiling it, dropping it from a 3 story building on to concrete , Dragging it behind a truck 500 yards in a parking lot , Submerged in salt water at 50 ft for hours , etc . and the unit still ran . Reminded me of the Glock tests . Overall so far I've been very happy with the Olight M 20 S .

just bought this one, can anyone recommend where to get a good attachment device(?)

My link

never mind..found one on the same website!! both items together cost me about $21.00 and free shipping

My link

Awesome.

Your weapons light is an actual defensive weapon all by its self! :super:

How about a demo compared to a mag light? :D

The long battery life really does it for me. I love Pops's.

Here is mine.....bracket showed up damaged....waiting for replacement to mount it....

But....I can reach the push button on the back of the light without moving my hand from handguard grip...so not using pressure switch....its going back

My link

My link

Awesome.

Your weapons light is an actual defensive weapon all by its self! :super:

How about a demo compared to a mag light? :D

The long battery life really does it for me. I love Pops's.

Sure can....I'll have to dig one out and dust it off and then I'll post....

or I could always compare it to the headlights on my car :rolleyes:

Sure can....I'll have to dig one out and dust it off and then I'll post....

or I could always compare it to the headlights on my car :rolleyes:

I do wonder how 200 lumen of laser lighting would compare to a car's headlight.... My $$$ is on your Lenser blowing the car's lights away.

• 2 weeks later...

KISS

2mo2kgl.jpg

29cat7s.jpg

2ym67gp.jpg

27wud1k.jpg

The light build isn't straight forward or cheap but mount and operation is very simple.

I'm not a fan of tape switches except in weird scenarios like BobAsh's setup where the light is so small and/or in a spot where a rear clicky isn't reachable.

Otherwise the risk of accidentally hitting that light when I don't want to just isn't worth it.

Surefire makes a few rear tailcaps which are great for weapon lights when the light is mounted at the right offset.

The XM* tailcaps from the M9* series work great. They're just huge.

The switch I have on there is pretty old and hard to find. Surefire Z48 or Z49.

Some of the EagleTac lights come with great rear clicky's as well. T10L is a great light. But no one has them...

All of those great protection around the switch which prevents any random finger/piece of gear/etc from hitting it.

The tacstar shotgun mount is $10...

Position is easy to be very consistent with.

Switch prevents any accidental flash.

Don't need anything else.

I got a 300 lumen light off ebay, think it is ultrafire. Sucker is blinding bright. Haven't shot with it yet but I assume it will hold up. I bought a 45 degree mount and it operates perfectly with my thumb. True it is not ambidextrous but a lot neater and less complicated than using the pressure switch.

• Like 1

Can't miss a good weaponlight thread. ;)

My shotty wields a G2L with a Malkoff M61 drop in. 280 lumens of what I believe to be the best possible beam for the effective range and use of an HD shotgun. It's spill makes one big wall of light in front of you, yet it still retains an intense, large hot spot.

I've got other weapon lights on other guns. My AR has a VTAC/Surefire L4, my S.308 sports a PolyTac HP (a no-shit 250 yard beam), a standard PolyTac LED on my trainer (S&W M&P 15-22), a G2L on my Sub-2000, and an Insight XTI Procyon on my EDC (Glock 19 in a light bearing Raven Concealment holster). I've got a Streamlight TLR-1 that is gunless right now, as well as various other handhelds. I list those to tell you that I have great gear to compare the Malkoff too, but it is just that good. I wouldn't put it on a carbine or rifle, but inside 50 yards, the Malkoff is the perfect light for me on a defensive shotty.

you know them d-cell mag lights? im looking into a way to clamp one them on in a quick detach method so when ammo runs dry i got a club worthy of midevil warriors!

Just make sure you have some sort of UV filter if you intend to use a gun light.

you know them d-cell mag lights? im looking into a way to clamp one them on in a quick detach method so when ammo runs dry i got a club worthy of midevil warriors!

Just make sure you have some sort of UV filter if you intend to use a gun light.

Why? For all the burglars with night vision? It would just blind them anyway )

i i believe he has a picatinny rail on the bottom of the handguard(in place of the sling loop). the light only mounts to a picatinny rail, beyond that you would have to fab some kind of special mount for it.

Edited by big-J
  • 2 weeks later...

Look at your name, then read the post back.

Streamlight TLR3.

Why? Because it's 2 ounces and is the brightest weapon light I've seen short of a full sized heavy light.

It's also very fast to switch between guns, and works great for all my pistols.

Wouldn't mind a TLR1 eventually, but for now the TLR3 gets the job done and then some.

Edited by Tombs

I have the UTG light/laser pressure switch combo. I didn't vote for it in the poll though, because it sucks.

It's big, clunky, heavy ungainly, and the laser only works about half the time. The pressure switches are too long, and I hate pressure switches anyway. It was a gift.

On the plus side: It was free, it seems to mount to a rail sturdily, and throws plenty of light at a target.

Would prefer a TLR-1 though.