Looks like some a** hole took a shot at my dog

Just got back from the Vet and it looks like my dog took a round at a flat angle right on the crown on his head. At first I thought he had been in a fight and had lacerations, but after we shaved his head (that was not easy being how he is a BIG German Shepherd)it was pretty clear that some a-hole fired a round at him. Looks like the bullet skirted the skull and exited out under his ear. It left a nasty looking gash but the Vet said he needed to heal from the inside out, so he cleaned the wounds out, gave him a shot for pain and one anti biotic and he sent me home with 4 pills per day plus a powder anti biotic for the wounds. I have to clean the wounds with peroxide every morning and then powder them. I already reported it to the police chief. He figures it was probably a smuggler that got spooked by him and shot him (I live next the the Rio Grande River). Anyway, the dog looks like he will recover, but again, what kind of an A-Hole shoots a dog?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.Nicklebon, you are a fucking idiot. I don't ever talk to people on this forum like that but I'll gladly make an exception for you.

Any dog on my property other than my own gets shot no exceptions. I have turkeys and strange dogs don't mix with my turkeys. If you don't want your dog dead keep it where it belongs.

Well thats pretty stupid to say, thats how most of this shit happens because someones dogs wondering around and some idiot thinks he has the right to shoot it, if that were my dog youd better shoot me

Posted Images

Hello, DLT

So sorry about your dog. Kudo's to you for stepping-up and doing the right thing to get him help.

I know, for most of us, there is simply no alternative, but from someone who has been involved in dog rescue for many years, it's tough to surprise me anymore....

To answer your question?

Some third-worlder dickhead that is begging to collect a .39 round in each knee and be left where he falls, just like he left your dog. Hopefully he would fall on a fire-ant mound.

Respectfully,

guido

Shooting dogs in Iraq is how many soldiers sight in...my cousin just got back with some crazy stories. Sorry to hear about you dog, but maybe it saved your life...think of it that way or your wife and kids...the dog is a part of the family, and breed to protect. Shitty about the smuggler...maybe they decided to not go that way again..lol

That sucks.. I know how you feel though.. My german shepherd had some mild hip arthritis so I took her in for an X-ray.. and they found a fricken bullet sitting in her, looked like somewhere around .30, maybe maybe a .22 that just spread out after impact.. Didn't take it out.. who knows how long it's been there, it doesn't bother her.. Makes me wonder if someone tried to break in and got a shot off before running for it. Used to have a lot of cats and blood piles on the floor from murdered animals weren't all too rare, so as long as the bleeding stopped before we arrived we wouldn't of thought anything of it.

Also an X-ray revealed my parents cat had a metal BB in it's tail..

Vet said both were more common than you would expect. I like to think the shepherd thwarted a wood be thief because she never really is outside without someone and it's hard to imagine how anyone could have got a shot off. It might explain why she's terrified of fireworks though.

That's fucked up man, sorry to hear. My roommate was telling me that he was down the street talking to a neighbor when he saw a little kid, around 12, running after a cat with a big stick in his hand screaming here kitty. And me, having 2 cats, will be knocking on his door if any thing happens to mine. Or chasing him down the street with a big ass stick screaming, I just want to talk. People suck these days.

Sorry to hear about that, DLT. Dogs are part of the family as far as I'm concerned.

A while back we had some thugs who would drive up at night and shoot people's dogs for kicks. Went on for a few months until they happened to shoot and kill a dog belonging to an ex Navy Seal and War Hero. The dog, a yellow lab, was a welcome home gift and he named her with an acronym using the initials of his fallen team members (he was the lone survivor). He heard the gunshot, went to evaluate the situation, and a high speed chase ensued. Needless to say, he tracked them down and caught them. He was warmed and had several opportunities to take them out during the chase, but showed tremendous control in letting the authorities take over. (If you want to read more about it, here's the link to the thread I started when this happened:LINK

Glad to hear your dog will be okay. Hope the thug is caught the next time.

Zach

Sorry to hear about that, DLT. Dogs are part of the family as far as I'm concerned.

A while back we had some thugs who would drive up at night and shoot people's dogs for kicks. Went on for a few months until they happened to shoot and kill a dog belonging to an ex Navy Seal and War Hero. The dog, a yellow lab, was a welcome home gift and he named her with an acronym using the initials of his fallen team members (he was the lone survivor). He heard the gunshot, went to evaluate the situation, and a high speed chase ensued. Needless to say, he tracked them down and caught them. He was warmed and had several opportunities to take them out during the chase, but showed tremendous control in letting the authorities take over. (If you want to read more about it, here's the link to the thread I started when this happened:LINK

Zach

You know Luttrell then? pretty cool, sorry to hear about his dog though, that sucks a big one after he fought to protect his country and those asshats..

• Like 1

Shooting dogs in Iraq is how many soldiers sight in...my cousin just got back with some crazy stories.

That is true to some extent, I never did it, but I knew some who did. The dogs in Iraq are quite a bit different than here. They look like domestic animals, but are not. They just run wild. They are friendly though, and if you feed them, you'll have a friend for 12 mos. But it is against the general orders to keep a pet.... free-sexy-smileys-944.gif

Shooting dogs in Iraq is how many soldiers sight in...my cousin just got back with some crazy stories.

That is true to some extent, I never did it, but I knew some who did. The dogs in Iraq are quite a bit different than here. They look like domestic animals, but are not. They just run wild. They are friendly though, and if you feed them, you'll have a friend for 12 mos. But it is against the general orders to keep a pet.... free-sexy-smileys-944.gif

I guess I fail to see how a dog is different from one area to the next they are all still canines...so I think the dog being shot in this scenerio could have saved the life of it's family...good fido...it does suck that the dog was shot period, yet as I said it is lucky to be alive..imagine it being gutted and lying in front of you..lotsa a- holes are cruel to animals unnecessarily...If my occupation required me to be a smuggler I guess getting caught is bad so I would have popped the dog too and hoped no one shot back..lol I think thugs and miscreants are retarded for just plugging dogs because their parents never showed them how ugly it is to torture things. Take a kid to the woodshed and they will not like you but they will respect and thank you later.

Zach

You know Luttrell then? pretty cool, sorry to hear about his dog though, that sucks a big one after he fought to protect his country and those asshats..

Don't know Luttrell personally other than meeting him at a book signing (great book by the way). Authorities believed the shootings that killed my neighbor's dog can be linked to these guys. It happened about two months before the Luttrell story broke. Rumor has it these kids were mouthing off to Luttrell while being arrested, making threats, saying they'll come back for him when they get out of jail :rolleyes:. Apparently they didn't know who exactly they were dealing with.

Don't know Luttrell personally other than meeting him at a book signing (great book by the way). Authorities believed the shootings that killed my neighbor's dog can be linked to these guys. It happened about two months before the Luttrell story broke. Rumor has it these kids were mouthing off to Luttrell while being arrested, making threats, saying they'll come back for him when they get out of jail :rolleyes:. Apparently they didn't know who exactly they were dealing with.

Well won't they be surprised as shit...lol as long as they don't surprise him by just turning the damn stereo down in their car..lol

Edited by DJ Big Dog

I guess I fail to see how a dog is different from one area to the next they are all still canines...

Think about the difference between a coyote (a non-domesticated canine) and a dog that is a pet. These are dogs that have never been domesticated, different "dog culture".

I wonder what dogs are like in the Philippines...

I guess I fail to see how a dog is different from one area to the next they are all still canines...

Think about the difference between a coyote (a non-domesticated canine) and a dog that is a pet. These are dogs that have never been domesticated, different "dog culture".

I wonder what dogs are like in the Philippines...

They are tender and juicy, with a side of kitten and you got a meal...lol jk

• Like 1

A lot of people around here like to coyote hunting. I always tell them that be like shooting a dog. Some farmers do have a problem with coyotes, though. A few years back, I climbed Souix Lookout with my ex. It's a pretty tall sandhill, and had a statue on the top of a Souix Indian looking over the area. Anyway, when I got to the top there was an "alter" made of bent tree branches with little bags of tobacco hung around it, and a Black Lab severed head was in the middle of it. It looked like they had set a fire or burned it. I was furious. I kicked the shit down the side of the hill. Later, there was a report on TV about satanists doing their thing in the area. Any asshole that kills an animal for fun or sacrifice, deserves to be killed themselves. It's a remote enough area, that one could confront the offenders and never have to worry about being caught avenging justice. That sucks to hear about your dog. Hope he heals up fine. The more people I meet, the more I love my dogs.

Sucks, glad to here your dog is gonna be OK though. Having some one hurt your dog is awful, it would take tremendous self control not to act violently toward some one who tries some shit like that.

Sorry to hear about your dog dude, that is jacked up.

When I moved in to my neighborhood (in RI ) it was right around the time of the DC sniper attacks. I was out on my small back deck smoking a cigar and my dog was hanging out with me to my left, facing the street. I looked over at her and there was a fucking red dot lit up on her side!! I whistled to her and she bolted over to me and out of the dot. From the angle I was at I couldn't see where the laser came from to trace it back.

It was probably some dumb ass kid playing with a laser sight, but I called the cops and the came down and lit the neighborhood up with squad cars and search lights.

If it was a kid I wanted d them to see a big show and think twice next time. Let's just say a cigar lighter wasn't the only thing that I took out with my cigars for a

while. Thankfully I never had the problem again.

I hope your dog recovers quickly-- mine's in the hospital right now because they think she had a stroke today- it sucks when stuff happens to your dogs.

Max is recovering very well. He is actually acting like nothing ever happened, but my wife got her first good look at the holes in his head a short time ago and freaked. She is even more pissed than I am. She wants to notify the neighbors that there is an a-hole in our neighborhood, but I want to do the opposite. I figure that given enough time, the A-Hole will talk to someone, who will then talk to me. Secrets don't last long down here. I'll figure out who did this.

Well my neighbors dog turned my cat into little cat parts a few years back, pulled it right through a fence and had it torn apart before I got to it. I did not shoot the dog but it was very tempting. Your dog may be your baby. But your baby (or a dog that looks like it) may have a taste for something other then dog food. (I'm not saying that is the reason, just pointing out a good reason to not let dogs roam)

My suggestion would be to not let it any animal you care about to get out on its own. Because sick people are out there. Good to hear he is recovering.

Edited by csspecs

Shitty to hear. :(

Glad he's a strong shepard.

Chalk 1 up for the Nazi pooches! :up:

Maybe It's time for motion sensing audible alarms with super bright spotlights so Max isn't the only audible threat to silence?

I remember I stepped onto a car lot in San Diego to look at a car as I was walking to base one night when I was 17 & a building alarm with strobe lights went off the second I crossed the cable... I almost shit myself.

Screw the neighbors.