I work with used police cars. Its basically a dealer lot but we specialize in cop cars (mostly Crown Vics) turning into taxis. 99% of our customers are cab companies. We get these cars basically stripped but some still have the "police" lettering, dividers, lights, cameras. This stuff is common but over the years there has been some weird stuff found inside these cars.

So far I've found...

Radios

road flares by the hundreds

police cameras

other peoples DLs (several hundred)

1 shotgun mounted between the front seats

1 handgun under the driver seat

tasers and taser guns

bullet proof vests

stop sticks

bullets (12g, 9mm-.45, .223, 45LC, 357mag, 357sig. 2 full mags for Ruger14 ...)

Sex toys packaged and unpackaged (male and female)

sealed full envelopes marked "EVIDANCE" (no idea if it really was evidence or not)

and lately...lots of drugs. Today a bag of white powder wrapped in smaller individual bags.

Leaves me to wonder if anyone even checks the cars before sending them to auctions or selling them.

Edited by Arik

WTB police radio, flares, used firearms, bullet proof vests, stop sticks, taser, taser guns or both. Might be willing to work out a deal for descrete sex toys, male, female or both.

haha.gif

jk thats some funny stuff. I bet whoever is in charge or checking that gets a tid but of a butt chewing. The drugs, you never know, they prolly confiscate so much of that trash they cant keep up with it. Actually I bet some of it they dont even know about. I can see jo schmo dill weed spitting out his stash and kicking it under the seats.

• Like 1

The firearms were turned over to our local LEOs and I assume they contacted the city/state that car came from.

The sex toys usually end up as a prank on some new guy (this makes me wonder what are these cops doing? We get

these toys at least a dozen times a year)

The Ammo I keep :) although I dont have a lot of these guns (like .38 special) I wish they'd leave behind a nice quantity of 308 for my saiga!

Some of the tasers we keep..lol. Still have one in my desk

Partitions usually get thrown out unless some one wants them.

Drugs go down the toilet (weed, powder, pills) However if there is any real quantity found we'll sell it.....to the local LEOs :) (not really sell it to them..just a joke. Before anyone takes it to seriously)

Stuff like Caution tape, road flares, some of the tasers, stop sticks, cameras are given away to the local LEOs

Lightbars and their controls get sold to local volunteer FF as long as they can prove that they are a FF and not some wako looking to impersonate an LEO

Edited by Arik

Lol this reminds me I used to work at an auto shop and we would buy cars at the auction usualy police confascated stuff would find all kinds of stuff in the trunk cause either the cops just did not check or could not get it open but we got a older lincon car it ran for about 2 hours then stoped no fuel pressure so changed filter ran for a bit then stoped so we checked pressure at the pump nothing so pulled the tank out pulled the pump and it was full of plastic and powder appearently after we called the local leo and dumped the tank found 11 wraped keys of drugs.was 12 one desolved after being in there for so long hehe kinda funny though

Strangest thing I found in a vehicle was a dead cat! Guy was trying to sell an old pick-up that had been sitting around for too long. Flipped the bench seat forward and found the "Mummy Cat" Like a skeleton with some fur. Didn't smell too bad, at least not as bad as you would expect. No purchase.....just walk away!

Strangest thing I found in a vehicle was a dead cat! Guy was trying to sell an old pick-up that had been sitting around for too long. Flipped the bench seat forward and found the "Mummy Cat" Like a skeleton with some fur. Didn't smell too bad, at least not as bad as you would expect. No purchase.....just walk away!

lol thats a good one there. I was trying to imagine the look on your face, then I thought the look on his prolly was better. haha!

• Like 1

Great, now when i pull up alongside a patrol car at a light, in addition to all the other thoughts that go through my mind, mentally checking registration, insurance, lights, etc, NOW i have to wonder if they are going to town with rubber genitalia. Gee, thanks.

haha lmfao, no wonder they are always sittin in the car, just wonder if its only a seat their sittin on lol.

• Like 1

Strangest thing I found in a vehicle was a dead cat! Guy was trying to sell an old pick-up that had been sitting around for too long. Flipped the bench seat forward and found the "Mummy Cat" Like a skeleton with some fur. ...

Not really, that is what is know in the business as a "drop cat."

After taking the vow of poverty many young cops find that they have a hard time staying awake on less then 4 hours of sleep a day. In these states of extreme sleep deprivation they are known to sometimes drive off the road and ding a new cruiser. If they call the supervisor armed only with the excuse of being pushed past human endurance, they are punished.

That's where the "drop-cat" come it.

• Like 1

Strangest thing I found in a vehicle was a dead cat! Guy was trying to sell an old pick-up that had been sitting around for too long. Flipped the bench seat forward and found the "Mummy Cat" Like a skeleton with some fur. ...

Not really, that is what is know in the business as a "drop cat."

After taking the vow of poverty many young cops find that they have a hard time staying awake on less then 4 hours of sleep a day. In these states of extreme sleep deprivation they are known to sometimes drive off the road and ding a new cruiser. If they call the supervisor armed only with the excuse of being pushed past human endurance, they are punished.

That's where the "drop-cat" come it.

As a reason for why the guy ran off the road? Damn, that's nasty, Azrial.

• Like 1