Promag 12rd drum $60

Hey guys and gals, found a really good price on those Promag 12rd drums if you are interested. $60 is a steal if you ask me. Right now they are backordered. I've ordered stuff from these guys before so I think it's pretty legit. I placed a backorder for a couple myself!

They are at TGS.

Edited by tritium
link to nonbusiness member removed.
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a report.. I have 3 MD-20's, 3 MD pistol grips and have another MD-20 on the way. I enjoy all saiga products and generally give all the ones I like a chance. No shit storms please.

I got my 12 round promag drum today.

The cover fits really tight which was my main concern. I couldn't even get the cover off it fit so tight. The feed lips are steel. With the possible exception of fairly thin feed tower walls, the drum feels very solid and seems to be made of good plastic. Overall cosmetics are excellent. It came with directions to fit it to the weapon, but mine locked into my saiga with no modifications.

I loaded and shot the first drum with crappy Walmart Remington Game Loads (1290vps 1oz shot 6 shot) on gunfixer plug setting 2. The first two rounds failed to fully eject. The first one didn't extract from the chamber all the way and the second stovepiped. Without thinking of break in, I moved the gas setting to 3 and finished the last 10 rounds without malfunction.

The second drum was the same ammo, but I moved the gas setting back to 2. The first round stovepiped, but the remaining 11 round cycled fine.

Last drum full as it was getting dark went without malfunction with a hot saiga on gas setting 2.

I think I got my money's worth. I'm happy with my purchase.

Thanks for the quick review chevymann, I am still anxiously awaiting the arrival of both my drums, the Promag 12 and the MD20. I think that I will be using the Promag 12 more just because it is compact and holds two more than that long ass AGP 10rder I currently keep attached to my S12 at home. Man I cant wait!

And yes that $75 price doesn't look too bad but I think for me one 20rd drum is good enough to show off at the range! I already get all kinds of looks dumping out my 10rd!

I have a 12rnd "nut sack" drum that I got from C.S.S. about a month ago and it is pretty sweet. But, you do need to run about 50 to 100 rounds through it to "break it in". Some silicon spray or graphite would probably help too. Initially, mine locked up loose in my EAA gun, but, with the advise of forum members and some JB weld on the rear lug, all is well in MacbeauLand!

Macbeau sends...

The link was to a business members product though. I don't get that one.

You could probably link to the pro-mag website, but not a non-business member website. There are business members that sell them, so it's a no no. Yeah, it's sad.

You could probably link to the pro-mag website, but not a non-business member website. There are business members that sell them, so it's a no no. Yeah, it's sad.

I completely understand about non business member links. I get that, no problem. But linking to a business members products would be a plus in my opinion. No different than BVAMP showing his ebay links, or gunbroker links. I really and truly get the no non business member link rule and have absolutely no problem with that. But I am having trouble swallowing this one. And I really never disagree with the mods or admins policies. I don't disagree with this one, I am just having trouble applying logic to it. Maybe someone will explain it to me, I am open minded.

What's so hard to understand? The Gun Source is a business. They sell gun parts..not just Promags. If their business suddenly receives a lot of new hits from people on this forum, because someone posted a link to their site, then that's not fair to other business members who have to pay money for that privilege. At least that is the gist of the rule.

Not trying to piss in anyone's Wheaties here, but there's a philosophical contradiction in that policy

about not linking to certain sites.

This is a gun forum, with gun owning Americans. Gun owning Americans are pro-individual rights, because they

have to be. Government oppression, and oppression from other authorities, is part of the individual, self-reliant,

"don't tread on me" attitude that many of us have as patriotic Americans being faced with ever-encroaching erosion

of our rights.

Net Neutrality, the right of the internet to remain governed by no one, is a modern-day core concept of individual

American rights. Many gun owners are too old to have grown up with internet in its wild west heyday, and fail to

appreciate how vital it is that nobody tells anyone else where they can go on the net, what they can download, and

what they can share. Censorship is bad, in all forms.

Now, that being said, the admins of a site have some right to regulate conduct of the users, since they are the ones

making it happen. The good admins realize the limits of their authority, regulate what needs to be regulated, and

allow reasonable freedom for all others, ensuring a good compromise between freedom, and some rules for betterment for

all.

For the record, the admins here seem to be in about the right place regarding the above.

However, while I can see the benefit of not directly advertising for another vendor who does not pay to be here, it's

going a little far to prohibit people from individually posting a link to the website they got it from when asked.

That's not advertising, that's being informative. There's a difference.

It will be interesting to see the response to this post. You can often tell the type of admin you have by how they respond

to critiques of their policies. A Little Napoleon will say "That's how it is, stop causing trouble or you can leave." A normal

admin will say "I see your point, but those are the rules." The best ones, however, say "I see your point, and maybe we can

tweak some stuff to address your points; thanks for your time."

I completely understand about non business member links. I get that, no problem. But linking to a business members products would be a plus in my opinion. No different than BVAMP showing his ebay links, or gunbroker links. I really and truly get the no non business member link rule and have absolutely no problem with that. But I am having trouble swallowing this one. And I really never disagree with the mods or admins policies. I don't disagree with this one, I am just having trouble applying logic to it. Maybe someone will explain it to me, I am open minded.

Though the product is Promag and a forum business member here, the site linked was NOT..

Also maybe the sites pricing was below what ProMag has recommended to REAL dealers which would sour the market for all the other dealers.

Has anyone actually got one from said site for that price??? I noticed alot is 'Available for BACKORDER' ph34r.gif

I know when I buy something for me I want it yesterday, even if it cost +$5-10 over the other guy.. IMHO.

'In-Stock' beats 'Low-Price' everytime I think..

Though the product is Promag and a forum business member here, the site linked was NOT..

Also maybe the sites pricing was below what ProMag has recommended to REAL dealers which would sour the market for all the other dealers.

Has anyone actually got one from said site for that price??? I noticed alot is 'Available for BACKORDER' ph34r.gif

I know when I buy something for me I want it yesterday, even if it cost +$5-10 over the other guy.. IMHO.

I have one on BO from TGS . Ive ordered several things from them in the past including 4 or 5 pistols and always got great service from them. Their pricing is always excellent. The drum will come some day as I am sure the drum from the guy who keeps saying two weeks will come some day. When your'e not doing the actual manufacturing its hard to give real dates...so don't.

Not trying to piss in anyone's Wheaties here, but there's a philosophical contradiction in that policy

about not linking to certain sites.

This is a gun forum, with gun owning Americans. Gun owning Americans are pro-individual rights, because they

have to be. Government oppression, and oppression from other authorities, is part of the individual, self-reliant,

"don't tread on me" attitude that many of us have as patriotic Americans being faced with ever-encroaching erosion

of our rights.

Net Neutrality, the right of the internet to remain governed by no one, is a modern-day core concept of individual

American rights. Many gun owners are too old to have grown up with internet in its wild west heyday, and fail to

appreciate how vital it is that nobody tells anyone else where they can go on the net, what they can download, and

what they can share. Censorship is bad, in all forms.

Now, that being said, the admins of a site have some right to regulate conduct of the users, since they are the ones

making it happen. The good admins realize the limits of their authority, regulate what needs to be regulated, and

allow reasonable freedom for all others, ensuring a good compromise between freedom, and some rules for betterment for

all.

For the record, the admins here seem to be in about the right place regarding the above.

However, while I can see the benefit of not directly advertising for another vendor who does not pay to be here, it's

going a little far to prohibit people from individually posting a link to the website they got it from when asked.

That's not advertising, that's being informative. There's a difference.

It will be interesting to see the response to this post. You can often tell the type of admin you have by how they respond

to critiques of their policies. A Little Napoleon will say "That's how it is, stop causing trouble or you can leave." A normal

admin will say "I see your point, but those are the rules." The best ones, however, say "I see your point, and maybe we can

tweak some stuff to address your points; thanks for your time."

I work in marketing, which consists of a lot of Internet Optimization nowadays.

By putting a link to a company's website on a forum that is open to the public and doesn't archive its posts (like the arfy website) allows Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines to find that link in a forum keyworded with gun stuff and then place that site above others in the natural listings for keywords like "Promag Drum" or "Saiga 12". With enough links that have relevant keywords on the page (judged by the bot algorithm of each search engine), you can get your site to number 1 on the search engine results. So in that sense, it IS advertising for a company that doesn't keep this forum running. This puts the people that pay for their links at no advantage (from a search engine standpoint) to keep supporting the site.

This is a privately run website and by saying that people can exercise their First Amendment Right here with no rules would be like defending a douchebag that spraypaints his gang name on the side of your house, saying he was just exercising his freedom of speech.

Edit to add: And you can always PM the person directly with the link that they are requesting to be "helpful".

Additionally, we get people that have no previous posts that link to a "super deal" on Saiga 12 products who happen to be the vendor trying to generate business for their site. These people are not interested in benefiting the Saiga 12 Forum members, but their business.

If it pisses anyone off, they can start their own blog or forum for very little money and allow others to post their ads and links for free (think Craigslist). Yay First Amendment!

Edited by BuffetDestroyer

Just for the record, I dont work for TGS. I was searching for the lowest price I could find through Google and I happen to come across TGS as a result. I've purchased mags from them before for my GSG-5PK and I found their prices and service to be excellent. With that being said, I rarely post things here because all the long time members have more experience and contribute far better information and help than anything I could provide myself. Thanks to these forums, I was able to convert and fully customize an S12 by myself using parts that I have purchased primarily from other forum business members, and believe me I am no gunsmith. (Thanks to Greg and CSS for the majority of my parts!) My experience with the S12 and the info on these forums has resulted in the most involved firearm project that I have ever undertaken and I thought that coming across such a good deal and relaying the information would be a great way for me to contribute back instead of always being a lurker. Also just so you guys know, yes, my 12rd drum is still on backorder from TGS AND I just purchased one the other day also from the saiga-12 e-store as well.

Mike d is full of about two week promises. All he is doing is getting free loans off people to further his own business. He could have sold his mags for a hundred dollars before but he wanted to make a killing. He is pissed because someone else is finally making a mag as good as his with a lifetime warrany and his personal battle with promag he is getting the worst end. He is a little guy with a big ego who will not last to much longer as he has no inventory or backing other than what he is scamming through pre-orders because he cannot afford his bills it seems to me. The forum is so cliqueish and advertisers are gouging the members. Many prices are very much cheaper elsewhere but you cannot speak of any deals elsewhere for fear of getting kicked off.I thought the saiga site was for the good of the members not the advertisers.

I have one on BO from TGS . Ive ordered several things from them in the past including 4 or 5 pistols and always got great service from them. Their pricing is always excellent. The drum will come some day as I am sure the drum from the guy who keeps saying two weeks will come some day. When your'e not doing the actual manufacturing its hard to give real dates...so don't.

What's so hard to understand? The Gun Source is a business. They sell gun parts..not just Promags. If their business suddenly receives a lot of new hits from people on this forum, because someone posted a link to their site, then that's not fair to other business members who have to pay money for that privilege. At least that is the gist of the rule.

I never saw the link. I just thought it was a link to just promag drums. My bad, I understand why it was enforced the way it was now. Later......

• 3 weeks later...

I am strongly considering matching the gun sources price on the 20rd promag drum for an md-20 instead if the person can show me the canceled order from the gun source... I bet that would deliver a serious blow to the gun sources preorder quantity... If you have a back order with gun source and might be interested in the original md-20 drum instead of promags cheap copy shoot us an email at info@mdarms.com. We will put you on a contact list in case we decide to do it.

I am strongly considering matching the gun sources price on the 20rd promag drum for an md-20 instead if the person can show me the canceled order from the gun source... I bet that would deliver a serious blow to the gun sources preorder quantity... If you have a back order with gun source and might be interested in the original md-20 drum instead of promags cheap copy shoot us an email at info@mdarms.com. We will put you on a contact list in case we decide to do it.

:lolol::lolol: don't think you will be getting a X-mas card from them this year.

And the 20 round promag drum is 75.00 the 12 round is 60.00

Edited by madmax4x4

How about shipping the ones you were supposed to ship a few months ago before you start swinging new deals?