It's not really a folding knife, but I'm looking to purchase and carry the Ka-Bar TDI Law Enforcement Serrated edge knife. It's on sale on amazon for $38. Not bad considering it's around $55 on the Ka-bar website.

I carry a CRKT knife and have for about 2 years. I can't remember the model but it's the one with the nubs sticking out of both sides, which make it easy to open the knife one-handed. It's served me well. I think it was $50. I've been impresses with the CKRT items I've seen and held.

Edited by cooger

I carry a CRKT knife and have for about 2 years. I can't remember the model but it's the one with the nubs sticking out of both sides, which make it easy to open the knife one-handed. It's served me well. I think it was $50. I've been impresses with the CKRT items I've seen and held.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with him, CRKT does make some exceptional folding knives. I saw one the other day that has the blade that's flush against the hilt of the knife, to prevent you from cutting yourself, but still makes the knife very thin and lightweight.

This is my everyday carry (and I do mean, every single cotton-pick'n day): Todd Begg custom Gents Glimpse flipper with damascus blade and lightning strike carbon fiber scales. It may not fall into the category of 'tactical' but short of an auto blade, it can be deployed faster than any normal folder.

post-4853-033219100 1276972250_thumb.jpg

post-4853-014473800 1276972264_thumb.jpg

:super:

Hello

I like the SOG TR-7 Trident folder. Plain Tanto blade (easy to sharpen) and assisted open. If you need to open it blade down in your weak hand it's a piece of cake. Even a full-auto won't do that.

Plus it's pretty cheap. I hate losing expensive knives.

JMHO

guido

I also recommend the CRKT for an inexpensive, easy to deploy, rugged blade. I DO NOT agree with the open sided, blade against the frame model.

I have the Carson designed M21-02G for EDC... LOVE IT!

It's a little heavy... if you want lighter, go with the titanium framed M16, for about double the price... but still can be had for less than a hundred bucks!

Hey, Gary... Thats a beauty... I dont think *I* could carry that, cause I wouldnt want to get it all dinged up!! you are a BRAVER MAN than I!!! :up:

:smoke:

I also recommend the CRKT for an inexpensive, easy to deploy, rugged blade. I DO NOT agree with the open sided, blade against the frame model.

Mike, you know blades much better than I do... why no go with the blade against the frame???

Hey, Gary... Thats a beauty... I dont think *I* could carry that, cause I wouldnt want to get it all dinged up!! you are a BRAVER MAN than I!!! :up:

Having the knife personalized with the "Happy 50th" laser engraving on the pocket clip, essentially means that it'll be mine for life; I'll never consider selling it. So. . . since I likely won't be taking it to the grave with me, may as well carry it all the time and cherish it for what it was created to be. Also, little dings and dents mostly can be 'polished out' if one prefers, otherwise. . . IMHO they add character to a knife.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Gary

I carry this every day, it's been slightly modified, but not too much, lol. It's a Smith & Wesson Homeland Security, w/ Sax style liner lock blade. The "Packerizing" is chipping off but it's never failed me and I use it all the time. Including to cut loose freaking out horses from their cross ties. The Sax style blade is what drew me to it at a gun show. Kind of an Ancestrial thing.

post-15573-021848700 1277058510_thumb.jpg

Mike, you know blades much better than I do... why no go with the blade against the frame???

This is just a personal thing... I am not fond of the blade on the outside... I think that there is a bit of structural integrity that is lost without the other half there to add to it... I also feel like when I reach into my pocket and my hand slides along the blade I feel that I need to be careful... even though I DONT... its almost like the knife gives you a little bit of a psych out cause "theres that sharp edge, just there..." and it was like you had to handle it different... you couldnt just reach in, grab, and deploy...

I am sure for some they may be great... they just NEVER were suited for use in MY pockets...

• 1 year later...

I've been planning to get a Blackhawk Be Wharned but lately am liking the zytel Ti-Lite 6" (am planning to order Gabe Suarez's Big Folder dvd to go with it). A 5" plain edge/clip point Voyager would be nice too but seem hard to find lately.

All in all I think a waved Endura (plain edge) would suit me best (has the opening method and the lock I prefer, in the past had 2 with the round hole) but I'm sold on the wharncliffe blade (after my CS Mini Tac Kiridashi I have been very impressed with and carry more than my Safekeeper 2), and the price, size, and opening method of the Ti Lite. One of the two will be my next knife. I carried an Italian switchblade for several years so I know the limitations of that blade style, but that was a 4" or so, (to say nothing of the junk steel it was made of), 6" seems in a different ball park. OTOH, maybe it is too big for utility pocketknife use (I'm fine with it being primarily a weapon and tool second, but half a foot is pretty long for opening packages, whatever)

Anyone have a 6" Ti Lite?

Spyderco all the way for me. I have carried Spyderco for almost 20 years now....wow, im getting old. SOG and CRKT make some great buys as well, and I really like them, but every morning the Spyderco Endura goes right into the pocket. The big loop at the top fits my fat thumb well, (I am a lefty so studs for opening usually dont work) and the steel is high quality, keeping an edge through things that that knife should not do. Just my thoughts......

I have one .... its a pretty mean knife and a lot bigger than you might expect. So long as your pockets are deep enough (literally) it carries easily. I have a Cold Steel Black Talon and Rajah 1 as well. The Rajah is really too big for normal carry but its a heck of a knife.

I flip flop between two Benchmades, a 9052 AFO, and a 9101 Auto Stryker Tanto, both auto openers. Been carrying one or the other daily for about ten years. I also have. Benchmade Nimravus fixed blade on my holster drop platform. I used to carry a Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn which was issued to me prior to deploying to Bosnia. It's a good knife as well, still have it as well as a Gerber Guardian Backup I bought when I first went in the military.

I have one .... its a pretty mean knife and a lot bigger than you might expect. So long as your pockets are deep enough (literally) it carries easily. I have a Cold Steel Black Talon and Rajah 1 as well. The Rajah is really too big for normal carry but its a heck of a knife.

I even stuck a tape measure down a few of my most frequently worn pants and shorts' pockets. 7" closed is Long. about as long as my...you get the idea. I'm thinking it would have to go AIWB, not sure how that would work out with my belt, let alone snapping open 6" of sharp steel on a hem of Dickie's denim right next to the ol' ladykiller. I'll work around it. I want it.

You hit that hog in your avatar? Awesome. Those things are tough as brick shithouses. My ex got us a potbelly pig as a pet and at 25 lb, I couldn't hold that fucker down for a bath. Until I learned the leg trick.

Thanks for the comments, I'm ordering one up.

Edited by Steppe Sweeper

I did kill that hog, 44 mag in the neck dropped him like a rock ..... I hunted hogs with dogs and a knife for 10 years or so til I got old and too busy to go as much as I wanted to ..

Here is my Tri Lite next to my old pig sticker

100_0577.jpg

pretty big ....

100_0578.jpg

Black Talon

100_0579.jpg

Pocket Bushman .... keeps a great edge and works good for cleaning critters

100_0580.jpg

Hey everyone I'm looking for a high quality tactical folding knife for daily carry.

What do others carry and suggest buying? Thanks

Check your blade length laws. 3.5" in NE. I recommend the Emerson Knife of your choice with the wave feature carried IWB. I prefer straight blades for their ripping potential and ease of sharpening. Youtube wave opening techniques.