"replica prop collection"?

JPanzer:> Boba collects limited edition costumes from the 1980's classic film "Ishtar".

Boba:> I have placed orders on my credit card before. But I admire the self control you have not to do the same.

• Like 2

I'm a prepper first and S12 enthusiast second (now. it didn't used to be that way). Going into debt to buy guns is, for a prepper, total FAIL. Actually, going into debt to buy much of anything related to preparedness is prep failure of the highest order.

So, I salute you, and I hope you got a good price on those S12s, and nothing personal, but I SINCERELY hope that they do not appreciate in value in ANY WAY because of any new governmental ruling or change.

I bought a bunch of shit during the Panic of '08, and I could not be happier that I now look upon it as overpriced, unnecessarily purchased crap today.

I buy everything I can with cash or my debit card. Believe it or not, I don't currently, and never have, owned an actual credit card. This is the main reason why I was able to put away quite a bit of money into my savings account when I was in NY (which came in real handy when my girl and I moved to SC, and we didn't have jobs for awhile). My friends think I'm "big money", when in reality, I've never had a "high" salary or pay rate. I just don't have the car loans and credit card bills, etc, that 95% of people my age have. If I want something, I'm patient enough to save up for it, or sell something I don't want, to fund it.

All of that being said.....I still need to build my credit, for the future. Going to the bank for a house loan isn't going to turn out well, as it stands now. Banker: Well....it says here you have no credit at all, sir!

:lolol:

My buddy bitches about not having money. It's then that I remind him that he's got a $30K truck and a $12K motorcycle in front of his house that he's paying the note for. He bought his truck brand new and has put about 12K miles on it in like 5 years. He doesn't even need his own vehicle. He's got a county-owned truck that he takes home every night and is free to use as he pleases even when he's not working, for the most part (thus the super low miles on his truck).

Me? I bought a '93 Civic when I was 18, for $4K and it lasted me up until a few years ago when I bought my girlfriend's '98 Civic from her for $3K. I'm still driving that one now. In other words, I've paid $7K cash for 2 vehicles that have lasted me since I was 18, and the current one is still going strong. It's all about how you manage your money. You can make $70K a year and still be broke, if you live a luxurious lifestyle. You can also make $30K a year and live like a king, in some people's eyes.

• Like 2

Good policy Boba- Our family doesn't buy squat if we can't pay in cash either. I was freed from the bondage of credit cards and associated debt about 4 years ago, and have not looked back. Personally I don't want or need another credit card.

That said, we have a few friends on the other end of the spectrum. One has maxed out his credit purchasing storable food, ammo, and associated supplies, the other maxed out his cards buying physical silver-then refused to pay the credit card companies. Both of them are betting on the dollar completely collapsing before any repeelievercussions come down the pike. The first guy is actually a Saiga owner (because of mine!), and believe it or not- was an econ major in school and still gives lectures at his alma mater for their business dept. as a rep from the Van Mises Institute. The irony is delicious.

The second guy has actually made a LOT of money (in theory) because when he bought the silver it was around $12 an ounce, which has since doubled and then some. If he were to liquidate half, he'd be able to pay the credit card company, but he says "screw them". He insists that the banks have sealed our doom, so we should screw them every chance we get.

Funny stuff.

It is a very good idea business-wise, or for hobbies not to go into debt for them if at all possible.

Same goes for cars.

Better to own them outright. Even if one has to loan themselves the money to avoid finance fees & interest.

One just has to get over the allure of the advertisers telling them that they need the newest.

The golden rule is sponsorship-let someone else pay for your play. Unfortunately, unless you're a top shooter in this neck of the woods it's probably not going to happen but a lot of our business members could make some gains in terms of exposure to their products.

It is a very good idea business-wise, or for hobbies not to go into debt for them if at all possible.

Same goes for cars.

Better to own them outright. Even if one has to loan themselves the money to avoid finance fees & interest.

One just has to get over the allure of the advertisers telling them that they need the newest.

I totally agree.

Been DRDF (Dave Damsey Debt Free) for a while now. Looking back I don't know why I kept my family in debt.