Even more interesting, the article mentions Wolf ammo will be made at Barnaul instead of Tula? I like Barnaul (Bear) ammo a lot better than Tula (Wolf) so this could be a big plus too for the rifle market.

Agreed. Love me some Brown and Silver Bear.

Does anyone know for fact that RAA has ceased importation of saiga? Also, does anyone know any information on Mercury Hermes as importer, such as website, location, etc. The person's comment in the ar forum made me think that was just speculation, but they may know something. if wolf does import them, maybe we will finally see the Saiga .22lr.

Does anyone know for fact that RAA has ceased importation of saiga? Also, does anyone know any information on Mercury Hermes as importer, such as website, location, etc. The person's comment in the ar forum made me think that was just speculation, but they may know something. if wolf does import them, maybe we will finally see the Saiga .22lr.

Bvamp has that answer, we're all patiently awaiting his release of information.

:ph34r::lolol:

Funny because I called a dealer today and the guy seemed pretty oblivious to mercury hermes, telling me that the next shipment due in mid feb is still coming from RAA. Though when I called them earlier this week I was told that the (new?) importer was held up at customs.

Funny because I called a dealer today and the guy seemed pretty oblivious to mercury hermes, telling me that the next shipment due in mid feb is still coming from RAA. Though when I called them earlier this week I was told that the (new?) importer was held up at customs.

RAA just got a container released from Customs about a week ago. It had been there since Dec 22.

My Saiga is supposed to be in that batch.

Malodave

Bvamp has that answer, we're all patiently awaiting his release of information.

:ph34r::lolol:

Especially me :lolol:

maybe we are getting lucky and its a variety of importers now. that could bring prices down.

That's blasphemy to the old-timers who insist prices will never go back down. :lolol:

Well, they're right, in some regard. Have you ever seen the scanned magazine articles some of the forum vets here have posted? Something like $200 for an S12 and like $160 for the x39 Saigas. Insanity!

<---off to buy a DeLorean to go back in time and buy some up.

• Like 2

maybe we are getting lucky and its a variety of importers now. that could bring prices down.

That's blasphemy to the old-timers who insist prices will never go back down. :lolol:

Well, they're right, in some regard. Have you ever seen the scanned magazine articles some of the forum vets here have posted? Something like $200 for an S12 and like $160 for the x39 Saigas. Insanity!

but those were preorder prices no? i thought i heard that those prices were supposed to be the ones, but then when they finally got in country, they ended up at the price we have now (aruond 400)

but those were preorder prices no? i thought i heard that those prices were supposed to be the ones, but then when they finally got in country, they ended up at the price we have now (aruond 400)

They were actually blow out prices because no one wanted them. I was one of them. I remember dreaming of being able to buy an AK-12. Never thought it would be imported. It was imported but de-balled. I never really even bothered to look at one because at that time the assualt weapons ban was still in effect. No pistol grips, folding stocks, etc. The only mag available was the 5rder. I thought I could do better with my 8 shot tube feeder. Never would of thought at that time I would some day be stuffing 20 rds into one, to say the least...

Damn! And here I was kicking myself for not getting some of these back in 2007, where the .308 and Saiga-12's were selling for around $300.

RAA just got a container released from Customs about a week ago. It had been there since Dec 22.

My Saiga is supposed to be in that batch.

Malodave

I am assuming that a Saiga 5.45 I ordered awhile ago is also in that batch (I ordered it in December and the guy at the store said I could be waiting "a couple of months").

They were actually blow out prices because no one wanted them. I was one of them. I remember dreaming of being able to buy an AK-12. Never thought it would be imported. It was imported but de-balled. I never really even bothered to look at one because at that time the assualt weapons ban was still in effect. No pistol grips, folding stocks, etc. The only mag available was the 5rder. I thought I could do better with my 8 shot tube feeder. Never would of thought at that time I would some day be stuffing 20 rds into one, to say the least...

it would be great if they got to the 160$ mark but I was hoping on maybe $250-300 for a 7.62 or $350-400 on a 12

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this address on another thread here on the Saiga forum...but it will contibute to this question too-

Mercury-Hermes LLC

3027 Preston Hwy Ste 104

Louisville, KY 40217

Phone: 502-435-7844

Loacted on Preston Hiway (KY 61) that runs N-S beside I-65 in Louisville. Not far from the Fairgrounds and Freedom Hall.