Anyone Using this stock?

my opionion is go with internal stock adapter from css a pig nose adapter and some cheap buffer tubes/locking ring plate from midway. that way if you want to add a folding device later you can and you can a none buffer tube stock if you have a change of heart. As far as the company goes you can't go wrong ordering from css they fucking rock.

I swear I will never understand the desire to put AR stocks on non-AR guns.

What's there to understand? People like the adjustability, people like the looks, etc, etc. I know the purists don't like AR stuff on an AK, but when it really comes down to it.....an AK with an AR stock on it is just as effective as an AK with an AK stock on it. To each their own.

Hell, all the Ace skeleton stocks people use are technically AR stocks. That's what they were made for first, then Ace started making them to be used on AK's.

I've got one on my .223. I like it and the adjustable stock and cheek rest make it possible for my wife to fire on the occasions she joins me at the range.

How much does that weight? Damn thing looks like it's floating! :lolol:

Nice setup, Dave.

I swear I will never understand the desire to put AR stocks on non-AR guns.

I tend to agree, but for some reason the Magpul CTR stock on a tacti-cooled Sagia-12 looks very sexy to me. My buddy has a plain M4 stock on his WASR-10 and it looks totally un-natural to me.

The typical AR stock offers too low a cheek-weld for an AK. I don't care who you see using one.

The models with an adjustable cheek-weld are of course not included in this comment.

The CAA stock is pretty decent, but I like the Magpul CTR/MOE feel just a little better. If you don't like or need the compartment area on the CAA it can be easily removed and changes up the looks of the stock a bit.The one I have is for a Mil Spec tube and it's also just slightly looser (twist from side to side play).

For what it is worth, I used that exact stock for a while on an AR, and I really liked it. I have used the VLTOR and Magpul stocks and really can't say that they were all that much better. Nicer looking yes, but ergonomically I really liked the CAA stock, and the option of the adjustable cheek plate add on is really nice!

The typical AR stock offers too low a cheek-weld for an AK. I don't care who you see using one.

The models with an adjustable cheek-weld are of course not included in this comment.

which stocks for an ak offer a good cheek-weld? thanks

There are some very nice AR adjustable stocks. With that said, I will never have one on any of my rifles.

The main thing I don't like about M4 style stocks IS the adjust-ability. It seems every time I've handled a rifle with an M4 style stock my preferred length is somewhere around the middle, and I never find it without extending it, shouldering it, then adjusting.

My 8.5" Ace skeleton stock comes up to my should perfect.

I had that same setup on my x39 and it was good.

I still have the adapter/tube, but changed out the stock for a Magpul MOE. The setup works just fine for me. I didn't have to chop off the tang, and I can give myself an extra click of LOP when I shoot prone, which was why I went with the adjustable stock in the first place.

I run the same EMA tube with a standard M-4 stock on an AK and an EMA tube with a Magpul MOE stock on my S-12. The tube is solid, has internal storage space which I stash a factory cleaning kit wrapped in a small rag to eliminate rattling. As far as parts count goes, the tube is considered a receiver extension not the buttstock so you may want to put an American buttstock on it instead of the Israeli CAA.

Well, the Tromix fcg counts as three, and I read somewhere that the mag also counts as 3. I also have a tapco gas plug, a tapco handguard, and a molot grip, so according to this, http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance im still good to go, even with the non us buttstock

I assume you mean MD "molot" system grip. The true "Molot" grip would be an imported part...

I didn't reply to this earlier, because I didn't have any personal experience with AR stocks on AK's, until just today when I got my adapters from CSS.

But I gotta say, my Magpul MOE stock, mounted by way of an internal receiver block and pig-nose adapter, has a perfect cheek weld (for me anyway). After seeing your above comment before, I was thinking I would need Magpul's cheekpiece to go along with my MOE stock, but it turns out it's perfect as is. Then again, as much experience as I have with AR stocks, I've never used a standard carbine M4 stock. Maybe those are a different story. I dunno.

P2070571.jpg

I have the CAA Rod on mine with the Magpull buttstock and I am extremely happy with them both. They have produced great fit and finish on these parts. One thing to keep in mind is that the CAA aluminum rod will need some material ground off of the bottom of it to clear the rear trigger guard bolt head. This was a simple fix though.

DSC_0844.jpg

Edited by Squid 44883