I didnt notice that, but what pissed me off was they took a tommy gun and put big ass rails on it and a dumb ass vert grip. Its sacrilegious!! Its a damn tommy gun, leave it as it should be. And what kind

of dumb ass swat team uses a 20 lb gun thats hard to control as an entry gun??

Other than that the shows were cool.

Edited by GREYLUPO

Aww Man!!

Just got home - DVR'd it -

Well, now you guys ruined it for me. no more suspense left. Awww Shucks

:rolleyes:

Really can't wait to watch it tho - no matter the sacrilege, it's the best thing on TV

Justified is pretty cool

• Like 2

Aww Man!!

Just got home - DVR'd it -

Well, now you guys ruined it for me. no more suspense left. Awww Shucks

:rolleyes:

Really can't wait to watch it tho - no matter the sacrilege, it's the best thing on TV

Justified is pretty cool

Dude!!! Just started watching last week - I'm hooked - another DVR one - tho, got in late and want to spend some time with my boys before they go to bed. Will watch Sons with my my 6yr old tomorrow but he's not a fan of Justified yet. Too mean for him.

Man.. it's getting as bad as the number of "cop hate" threads we had...

Last time I'm gonna say this.. there makin' TV.... It's objective is to entertain!

Hater douche nozzles were supposed to post at "the heirarchy of gun forums....the VERY top" not here with the rest of us slobs....

I believe instead of "replica" Will should have said ""re-production", as it wasn't a toy as others have stated.

But as I said before we talk different here in Texass and Louisanna...

Umm... yeah, in N&S Carolina too. And the Saiga pronunciation police can shove it too...:rolleyes:

I don't know if they used a different Thompson or just chopped the barrel, but I agree it looked better "classic". But, what I was surprised about was the cyclic rate of 750+ RPM. That seemed pretty fast for a Tommy. I thought they did more like 500-600, but I admit, I'm no Thompson expert.

I don't know if they used a different Thompson or just chopped the barrel, but I agree it looked better "classic". But, what I was surprised about was the cyclic rate of 750+ RPM. That seemed pretty fast for a Tommy. I thought they did more like 500-600, but I admit, I'm no Thompson expert.

Without the Blish lugs(friction delay system) on the bolt a semi-auto Thompson bolt converted to full auto is fast as hell.

By the way a full auto Thompson is very controllable for an open bolt machinegun because of it's weight.

Without the Blish lugs(friction delay system) on the bolt a semi-auto Thompson bolt converted to full auto is fast as hell.

By the way a full auto Thompson is very controllable for an open bolt machinegun because of it's weight.

Yep, but when you put on newer AR style lightweight rails, etc Im guessing it kinda throws off the natural balance of the original design. If you notice, when the chief shot it first he was definitely beginning to climb the ladder with it - both the initial side view & the frontal slow motion replay show him starting to fall backwards :rolleyes:

I definitely agree with the one employees comment about changing the original look of all wood is sacrilegious. In combat they did use the stick mags primarily though.

The deputy did handle the weapon much better and showed the likely reason for the metal handguard because he utilized the forward verticle grip :killer:

Enjoyed the show as always. Besides Will's weekly statement about "not doing this at home" and reminder of danger & legal consequences, they once again presented an excellent example of him educating the general public about firearms use and purchase (the lady who had just been robbed).

I feel these things and "normalizing" the ownership & use of AK's and Saiga's by their constant use/display on the show far offset any nitpicking over minute, exhaustive details that the show really cant waste time dealing with

- IF they want to produce "entertainment" and have great ratings - which has been the result so far :super:

Cheers

Harv

• Like 1

Somebody could start a fireman hate thread.

Those fockers only working a few days a week for good pay and they get all the girls at the bar!

HEY! Easy brother, don't be passing around mans best kept secret.....

I miss that schedule.

• Like 1

For the record:

I love the show and did not post here to contribute to any of the sniveling hater BS. What I meant when I sarcastically stated that the episode was 'ruined for me' by talking about the show is that - I can watch it over and over again.

Face it people -

SONS OF GUNS IS THE BEST THING ON TV

As a forum member - I am personally sick of all the whining on these boards. If you got a beef with someone - use the PM feature. If you want to start a thread to talk about how you know more than Will or are more in tune with the general public - Make your own GD show and see who watches it. UGH!! I can go on forever but won't

Long Live Red Jacket and Highest Praise to Will

:super::super::super:

• Like 2

Yep, but when you put on newer AR style lightweight rails, etc Im guessing it kinda throws off the natural balance of the original design. If you notice, when the chief shot it first he was definitely beginning to climb the ladder with it - both the initial side view & the frontal slow motion replay show him starting to fall backwards

He also didn't appear to have a good stance, considering he was firing a full-auto with a high RPM. He didn't even really lean into it at all. It looked more controlled when the younger officer was behind the trigger.

well, a GRAMAR Police hate tread would at least be somthing NEW.....I think.

Okay then... gramurr sux!!:lolol:

Don't be hatin' on my grammar... she was a sweet old lady...:haha:

What ya gotta watch (ESPECIALLY DISCOVERY CHANNEL) is editing!!! They will take these shows and create entire storylines that NEVER HAPPENED just through the editing. It happens all the time, if you watch these shows close enough it kind of easy to spot.

So i bet the Tommy Gun switch has a perfectly legitimate explanation...that got edited out! :angel:

Edited by Bean.223

I guess I should have clarified. I wasn't implying that red jacket thinks we are stupid.

What I should have said was that I guess the producers think we are stupid and wouldn't have noticed the different gun being used, instead of the one brought in by the sheriff. It would have been nice to get an explanation of why the reproductin gun wasn't used.

I do enjoy watching the show, but the final version Tommy gun looks like crap. Although I wouldn't pass up the chance to shoot it.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the vid on your new Arsenal AK. I'm one of those pain in the ass traditionalists who believes you should leave it alone and screw all the hip, slick and cool daddyo gadjets. Personally, I like the Arsenal AK's the best because of thier fathfull adhearance to the factory specs, thats why they make the best AK money can buy from an American factory. What I would realy love to see is Arsenal start doing the same thing with the Saiga 12's. Man there's nothing cooler than an original factory correct Saiga-12 K in my book! Please exuse me if I got off topic on the bastardization of an original Thompson. I'm a traditionalist on that topic as well, and I too believe it's an abomination to chop on any original tommy, and who ever would do such a thing, should be cast into eternal darkness for commiting such an act. As for the way the old Thompson shoots, they are marvelous old sumbmachine guns and the M1-A is one of my all time favorates. :super:

Edited by macaholic

i like the classic tommy gun, especially the WW2 style, and i also like the way red jackets tactical tommy gun looked too. however, i can understand how some people might object to extensively modifying a classic like that. maybe it would be best to build a new sub machine gun which is strongly based on the tommy gun.

anyway though .45 acp seems like a perfect round for law enforcement to use. lots of knockdown power, relatively short round for high rates of fire, and the slug wont go as far as 5.56