Atlantic Firearms has 10 S-12's as of 7am March 16. $739

I got this email Early this morning

""We just received a small shipment of the Saiga 12 Shotguns IZ 109 and are taking orders via the web sites shopping cart system on a first come first serve basis. If you see the ADD TO CART button on the lower left you can go forward with the order and do not need to call or email to check Inventory. We only were able to find 10 units so please place you order ASAP before they are all gone.

FYI >> We also have the Pro Mag 20 round drums in stock & Wolf Tactical 00 Buckshot 250 round cases $169.00 per case in stock.

Thank You

Atlantic Firearms""

Im in no way affiliated with Atl Firearms... just thought I'd post the info

Edited by ItsAllCreated
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a lurker and first time poster, I must say, mods like Juggernaut are not helpful, and have no business being mods. I feel he shows obvious favoritism. Look at what he did in this thread. He bann

I call them how I see them. Funny you don't chastise him for his namecalling. And funny how you overlook that fact that he is, factually wrong. In this case it's opinion, but he has been factually

No, you clearly stated how you THINK business works, and you're wrong.   DEAR STUPID, I WILL SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME, IT'S YOUR OPINION THAT PEOPLE ARE GETTING "SIGNIFICANTLY OVERCHARGED". Vendors

OP, why are you guys charging $739.00 for a stock S-12?

If you don't sell your product close enough to the current market prices someone will buy it with the explicit intent of reselling it for thier own profit. Why allow others to make that profit when you can do so yourself. Even if you wanted to sell at a reasonable price to people who actually wanted the gun for themselves, there just isn't a good way to police what they do with them after you sell them, with the possible exception of only selling to close friends and family (even thats not gauranteed).

Edited by fauxknight

Anyone else notice kvar says call for pricing on their website now? Regardless, no point in venders selling below current market value as they'll most likely be bought up and resold for profit on places like gunbroker. People were given a lot of warning this would happen as well. There was plenty if time to get them for just under $500 for those that paid attention. Now the 030s being sold by Red Dragun are looking like an even better deal than they already were every day. Can't wait to get mine

Keep in mind I'm just passing along the info for anyone who is willing to pay up the ying yang for one.

I got that email because I was signed up to get it ....just thought I'd pass it along thats all

I too was suprised at the price. Before I checked the price i was going to buy another one (with the dumb assumption they were still priced the same as they were before) ....first words that came to my mind once I saw that $739 price tag.... "Rat bastards!"

I have an idea. Don't buy them at all. As the general public, everyone needs to refuse to pay outrageous prices, then we'll see if they like them just sitting around. Of course there will always be those people that just like getting ripped off. That's just offensive. Bought mine from k-var for $540, around a month ago. When I see the prices go up that fast. It makes me not trust the website and not even want to buy anything from them anymore.

• Like 1

They can ask whatever the hell they want for them, that's how the free market works. If you don't like it gather up your balls and ask for a discount or buy elsewhere.

This. It's called supply and demand. It's a very simple concept. Nothing to get mad about. There is almost no supply, and there is great demand.

You have to remember, not everyone out there is as educated about the situation as we are. 90% of people see or hear about the S12, go out looking for one, see that they are sold out everywhere, and that makes them want one even more. They don't do research, they don't find out why they are sold out, they just act like most typical people do. It isn't a bad thing (well, it sorta is), it just is what it is.

People here should keep in mind that we got semi-auto, mag fed shotguns for GREAT prices. Kel-Tec has a new shotty out that is around $800 and it's just a pump.

I think I might have got the last one from Centerfire for 500 bucks.

On a sidenote regarding KVAR; kind of glad I didn't order from them.

I sen them an email asking about avaliability, projected avaliability as well as 3 or 4 technical questions about the shotgun I would expect a vendor to know.

Weeks later after I had saved the money, ordered from Centerfire, received my S12 and modified it they wrote back "yes we have them". That was it.

If you don't sell your product close enough to the current market prices someone will buy it with the explicit intent of reselling it for thier own profit. Why allow others to make that profit when you can do so yourself. Even if you wanted to sell at a reasonable price to people who actually wanted the gun for themselves, there just isn't a good way to police what they do with them after you sell them, with the possible exception of only selling to close friends and family (even thats not gauranteed).

You could set a limit. 1 per customer.

Business is business. If people are willing to pay for an $800 S12 then why drop them down to $500.

It's called being ethical about your business practices. I would have never guessed that someone would think it's okay for a business to fuck their customers simply because other businesses do.

They can ask whatever the hell they want for them, that's how the free market works. If you don't like it gather up your balls and ask for a discount or buy elsewhere.

I could understand if the vendors are paying more, they should be charging more. But that increase should be closely represented by how much more the vendors are paying. Charging a customer more just because you can is still not a great way to do business.

• Like 1

How about an organized BOYCOTT. Saigas have gone up significantly more than any firearm on the market. We must remove demand and tell people that think about buying them

"those russian guns are crap and your goin to have to spend several hundred dollars to convert and it is very difficult and no fun you will most likely screw your gun up"

Go buy a mossberg and a wasr!

Remove demand in the end consumers have control of the market.

Start the boycott now!

Edited by Jbanda1213

Does anybody know what Atlantic Firearms paid for their stock of S-12"s? Did Russia go up on the price to RAAC? A whole lot of being pissed off without very many facts it would appear. If you could with certainty say that they had jacked their profit margin from 20% to 80% it would make more sense.

It's called being ethical about your business practices. I would have never guessed that someone would think it's okay for a business to fuck their customers simply because other businesses do.

No. "Unethical business practice" would be to sell an S12, and send the buyer a beat up old Mossberg that someone had been firing gravel through.

What these companies are doing is selling their product for the price the market will bear. As another poster mentioned, there is a high demand and a limited supply. Consequently, they can (and should) raise their prices accordingly. Gun dealers are in this business to make money, not as charitable outreaches. If they think people will pay $739 for a gun that was a couple hundred bucks less a month ago, let them try to sell them. If they're right, then good for them; they can pay off the truck next month or whatever. If not, then they'll lower their price when the stuff they've sunk their capital into starts collecting dust in their warehouse while people buy the cheaper products of their competitor.

The customers aren't getting "fucked", nobody is forcing them to spend their money. Ultimately, the choice is with the purchaser. If you don't like the price, don't buy one. Shop around for one cheaper, or do without. Just be aware that just because you don't think a price is fair, it doesn't mean that someone else won't feel differently and pay the price you balked at. Some people make dumb decisions with their money, other people have a different perspective on the value of an object, and yet others still have enough money that they aren't concerned with the price. In any case, that's the open free market. Pay it or don't, but there's no point in whining, as this is how the market has worked for several thousand years now.

• Like 4

You could set a limit. 1 per customer.

Business is business. If people are willing to pay for an $800 S12 then why drop them down to $500.

I could understand if the vendors are paying more, they should be charging more. But that increase should be closely represented by how much more the vendors are paying. Charging a customer more just because you can is still not a great way to do business.

It's already been established that you're ignorant (at best), and this proves it. Venders are not fucking or price gouging anything. This isn't a hurricane where you are forced to by wood to put on your windows. This isn't a natural disaster where they are charging $100 for a bottle of water. This is supply and demand, plain and simple.

I go into this further, but it would be wasted on someone who thinks the term preexisting is redundant. You must be one of those back woods, yee-haa's that uses the term "yall". Am I right?

• Like 3

No. "Unethical business practice" would be to sell an S12, and send the buyer a beat up old Mossberg that someone had been firing gravel through.

What these companies are doing is selling their product for the price the market will bear. As another poster mentioned, there is a high demand and a limited supply. Consequently, they can (and should) raise their prices accordingly. Gun dealers are in this business to make money, not as charitable outreaches. If they think people will pay $739 for a gun that was a couple hundred bucks less a month ago, let them try to sell them. If they're right, then good for them; they can pay off the truck next month or whatever. If not, then they'll lower their price when the stuff they've sunk their capital into starts collecting dust in their warehouse while people buy the cheaper products of their competitor.

The customers aren't getting "fucked", nobody is forcing them to spend their money. Ultimately, the choice is with the purchaser. If you don't like the price, don't buy one. Shop around for one cheaper, or do without. Just be aware that just because you don't think a price is fair, it doesn't mean that someone else won't feel differently and pay the price you balked at. Some people make dumb decisions with their money, other people have a different perspective on the value of an object, and yet others still have enough money that they aren't concerned with the price. In any case, that's the open free market. Pay it or don't, but there's no point in whining, as this is how the market has worked for several thousand years now.

Dude, he'll never get it. He's a moron. He doesn't understand simple concepts, even when you show him the meaning of words straight from dictionary.com. He's one of those people who thinks he is of the utmost informed and has superior intelligence. His posts, however, prove otherwise. Waste of time to argue with him. If this place had an ignore feature, I would have had him on mine a long time ago.

• Like 1

I got this email Early this morning

""We just received a small shipment of the Saiga 12 Shotguns IZ 109 and are taking orders via the web sites shopping cart system on a first come first serve basis. If you see the ADD TO CART button on the lower left you can go forward with the order and do not need to call or email to check Inventory. We only were able to find 10 units so please place you order ASAP before they are all gone.

FYI >> We also have the Pro Mag 20 round drums in stock & Wolf Tactical 00 Buckshot 250 round cases $169.00 per case in stock.

Thank You

Atlantic Firearms""

Im in no way affiliated with Atl Firearms... just thought I'd post the info

Is this the thread where I tell people that I ran into a great deal on a used S12, from having a random ass conversation with a neighbor who I had no idea was into guns, and has an S12 he's going to let me have for $350? :o

:super::D

• Like 2