A contender for the S-12 could emerge - Akdal MKA 1919

Now the question is, could we get it imported or convince akdal arms to build a plant in the US. :devil::super: :super: :osama:

Akdal MKA 1919 semi-automatic shotgun (Turkey)

mka_1919_1.jpg

mka_1919_2.jpg

Akdal_MKA-1919.JPG

From wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akdal_MKA_1919

Production history

Designer Akdal Arms (Ucyildiz Arms A.S.)

Designed 2006

Produced 2007

Number built Approx. >1500

Specifications (Akdal MKA 1919)

Weight 3.25kg unloaded

Length 964 mm

Barrel length 470 mm

Cartridge 12 Gauge

Action gas operated, semi-automatic

Feed system 5 round detachable box

Akdal MKA 1919 semi-automatic shotgun uses a conventional gas-operated action which is located around the support tube that runs below the barrel. The return spring is also located around the same support tube which is concealed by an enlarged polymer handguard. The MKA 1919 barrel is can be quickly removed from upper receiver. To charge the shotgun, the charging handle on the receiver needs to be pulled. The upper receiver is manufactured from an aluminum alloy while the lower receiver, along with pistol grip and shoulder stock, is manufactured as one piece from impact-resistant polymer. Akdal MKA 1919 semi-automatic shotgun has a 5 round detachable box magazine. The magazine catch is identical to the M16 magazine catch and is located on the lower receiver. Manual safety also duplicates M16-style being located on the left side of the receiver above the pistol grip.[1] Standard sights include a front post installed on the M16-style removable base and a detachable M16A2-style carrying handle with built-in diopter sight. On the upper receiver, an integral Picatinny rail can be placed which will accept detachable carrying handle or optional red-dot or other optical sight attachments.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody should expend any effort to try and convince anybody that anything is "sporting." That's a bullshit unconstitutional rule that some pussies cooked up to restrict gun rights by getting some of

Cali_Armz: Go with the Saiga .308, I highly recomend it! I have other .308's and my Saiga is my favorite. The AK platform outperforms other guns hands down. In my opinion.

Contender my ass, that gun ain't got shit on the S-12

Posted Images

The only link i could find dealing with importers is http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/02/12/atis-new-12-gauge-ar-15-patterned-shotgun/

It stated that "American Tactical Imports" were going to import them, and then the ATF told em "no sporting" but reading further down they made it sound like RAA was picking up importation and had got it approved. But it all seems like rumormill.

I was told it was on stand at the 2011 shot show

i like that idea. gotta have numerous AR's and AK's chambered in multiple rifle cartridges, as well as 12 gauge shotgun!!

although personally, i think id probably want to get either an AR10 or an FAL first because i dont have any rifles chambered in .308

also, seeing as its upper isnt the "firearm" i wonder if we could get those parts imported and an american built lower. muhahaha

Nope, the 5.56/223 lower will NOT take a 12 gauge shell, the 2 3/4" shells just BARELY fit into the magwell without a magazine to hold them.

And forget 3" magnums.

Now an AR10 lower... :unsure:

Cali_Armz: Go with the Saiga .308, I highly recomend it! I have other .308's and my Saiga is my favorite. The AK platform outperforms other guns hands down. In my opinion.

Edited by King of the Hill
  • Like 2

Yeah I figured a normal ar-15 wouldnt cut it. Heck I wonder if we could convince mkd to import a US version that has the barrel rifled and call it sporting (since the barrel can be removed easily as well and put the smooth bore back on)

then mass import smooth bore barrels as an accessory

Yeah I figured a normal ar-15 wouldnt cut it. Heck I wonder if we could convince mkd to import a US version that has the barrel rifled and call it sporting (since the barrel can be removed easily as well and put the smooth bore back on)

Ah, now I understand what you meant but, how does a rifled barrel make a shotgun sporting? All of my "sporting" shotguns have smooth bores, in fact the smooth bore would HELP with the "sporting" argument.

Hell, I'd love to have a rifled barrel for my S-12 so I can shoot some of those badass slugs so I don't see why you'd take a rifled barrel off...

Ah, now I understand what you meant but, how does a rifled barrel make a shotgun sporting? All of my "sporting" shotguns have smooth bores, in fact the smooth bore would HELP with the "sporting" argument.

Hell, I'd love to have a rifled barrel for my S-12 so I can shoot some of those badass slugs so I don't see why you'd take a rifled barrel off...

Nobody should expend any effort to try and convince anybody that anything is "sporting." That's a bullshit unconstitutional rule that some pussies cooked up to restrict gun rights by getting some of the namby-pamby gun owners to agree that 'nobody really needs a military firearm' as some kind of "reasonable compromise."

Now, we have more and more gun people trying to comply with that load of crap because it's the path of least resistance, and that amounts to tacit acceptance of it. Well fuck that shit, and that's where the next battleground is going to be if (or when) they decide that the S12 is "not sporting." The counter-argument should not be 'well it kinda is' but instead be 'what the fuck difference does it make bitch? Read the constitution.'

• Like 3

Nobody should expend any effort to try and convince anybody that anything is "sporting." That's a bullshit unconstitutional rule that some pussies cooked up to restrict gun rights by getting some of the namby-pamby gun owners to agree that 'nobody really needs a military firearm' as some kind of "reasonable compromise."

Now, we have more and more gun people trying to comply with that load of crap because it's the path of least resistance, and that amounts to tacit acceptance of it. Well fuck that shit, and that's where the next battleground is going to be if (or when) they decide that the S12 is "not sporting." The counter-argument should not be 'well it kinda is' but instead be 'what the fuck difference does it make bitch? Read the constitution.'

werd_up.jpg

Seriously tho, i agree.

thats a very good point man. AK's are unquestionably the most reliable. il have to see what the price ranges are. a saiga .308 with classic AK style wood furniture on it would be sexy

ive thought about it, and i think the best thing to do is for me to get both the saiga .308 and a carbine AR10 A2. i really like both of those rifles. The FAL is cool too, although i feel a stronger sense of desire to buy the AR10 and saiga .308

Dead sexy. Though, it looks like that's the whole idea: aside from the magwell, it seems like the design is purely cosmetic and meant to win over AR fans based mostly on looks. And it's working.

Though, I suppose you could make a partial argument for platform familiarity, too.

Anyways, Ignition's got the right idea. We need someone to make lowers in-country.

The Safir Arms T-14 is only available in .410 though, where as this is 12g. Do I think i would replace my s-12, hell no.

My thoughts as a contender were that when you talk to "mr fudd" at the range, he might be more willing to go for a ar type shotty then an ak type shotty

There is a lot more to Saiga 12s than just being a shotgun with a detachable magazine... and that's all this ugly thing looks to be.

Well, that and it looks to be a standard gas operated shotgun cross dressing as a AR15... ugh...

Dittto that. Of course I'm not an AR fan but I could guess those that are would like it.

There is a lot more to Saiga 12s than just being a shotgun with a detachable magazine... and that's all this ugly thing looks to be.

Well, that and it looks to be a standard gas operated shotgun cross dressing as a AR15... ugh...

Robert and I worked at the RAA booth at Shot Show and that is exactly what it looked like to me. We took one apart and looked kind of like an 1100 with a plastic AR-15 stuck on the outside. I understood that it had been approved for import, but that was before the shotgun study hoopla. If they have heartburn with a regular imported Saiga, I don't see how they can let this in but I guess it doesn't have to make sense because the Guberment is involved.

Doug