Didn't use loctite for my conversion - will it hold up alright wit

I guess I was impatient, but I didn't use loctite like was suggested (for the trigger guard installation).

If it's really really necessary, then I can certainly strip everything again and add that on the screws holding the trigger guard in place.

Just wondering if the trigger guard will stay put without it?

Edited by Wayfaerer320

I guess I was impatient, but I didn't use loctite like was suggested (for the trigger guard installation).

If it's really really necessary, then I can certainly strip everything again and add that on the screws holding the trigger guard in place.

I snapped on a CSS TG for my first conversion to see if it fit alright. Forgot to go back and loctite the screws. Over 1000 rounds later..........its still there and hasn't moved.

I snapped on a CSS TG for my first conversion to see if it fit alright. Forgot to go back and loctite the screws. Over 1000 rounds later..........its still there and hasn't moved.

Good to hear.

You don't need to disassemble, loctite makes a "Wicking" formula that is like penetrating oil, and will work itself into fasteners already put together, I don't believe its as strong as the standard blue, but, it has worked well whenever I have used it.

I do believe its the "Purple" loctite, or "Green", I don't remember which, and I tossed the bottles a while back as they had evaporated and I haven't replaced them yet.

Green loctite. A dab on the threads, and one on the side of the nut to lock it to the reciever. Good stuff, but SMELLS BAD! Do it outside and let it cure for an hour or two before bringing it into the house.Unless you are single.

Yoshi, you have it ass backwards, RED is permanent, for when you DON'T want something to come loose and have no intentions of taking it loose, green is for when you just might want to disassemble something. I use the red at the shop for things I don't need or want to come loose.

• Like 1

I forgot to use some on my trigger guard as well, and after shooting it a couple of times, I could feel the grip getting loose, so I disassembled and put some on the threads. and put it back together.. I'd take it apart and do it, if for nothing else but piece of mind. But, I'm OCD at times and stuff like that can drive me nuts.. haha

Yoshi, you have it ass backwards, RED is permanent, for when you DON'T want something to come loose and have no intentions of taking it loose, green is for when you just might want to disassemble something. I use the red at the shop for things I don't need or want to come loose.

I believe I said red if you dont ever want it coming out (as in permanent). If you ever took the gaurd back off you would probably have to heat up the screws and would have a hard time. Green is mainly used for bearings when you press them in. I have seen green actually pull threads on very large bolts from being on there. If you are going to use any blue (for aluminum) will be fine. Just wanted to clarify.