• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was standing outside of my girlfriend's house on sunday night, smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer. I was next to the staircase (she lives on the first floor of a 2 story motel style apartment),

Don't hold your breath. If Elvis was unarmed & got shot they would have covered it because it suites their agenda. The story would have gone something along the lines of "We need gun control bec

I sat out there and drank about 4 beers over the course of 2 hours in front of the police while I was telling them what happened, over and over. They're fine. They knew what happened, and were cool wi

two hits with a .45 would have put him on the ground for good......

Yeah right. You should talk to someone like Pat Rogers about that some day. There is no magic bullet or caliber.

Yup, Pat's good people and knows his shit. So are other notable Instructors/Experts who say the same thing in their classes. There is no magic bullet or caliber. Shot placement is where it's at. .45 is big and slow, 9mm is small and violently fast. Both with the right round will fuck up somebody's day. Everyone likes to refer to Militay stats on rounds BTW to downplay the 9mm. Keep in mind, the Military uses ball rounds which do not compare to any JHP round. I'm glad the law abiding citizen (Elvis) came out on top in this case. Too much of this bullshit going on and these thugs will shoot you for a damn cell phone.

Edited by MT Predator

Without some outside corroboration this thread has no credence.

I feel confident that the OP experienced this terrifying moment, but where is the evidence? Where is the press coverage "Bad guy takes one to the gut and one to the leg, but survives ... trial pending."

IIRC, JamesLi is LE in that area.

I heard about this, pretty cool to hear it was you! Also, damn good job!

I think that about corroborates the story.

Not everything makes the news... Very little actually.

Edited by ChileRelleno

I feel confident that the OP experienced this terrifying moment, but where is the evidence? Where is the press coverage "Bad guy takes one to the gut and one to the leg, but survives ... trial pending."

IIRC, JamesLi is LE in that area.

I think that about corroborates the story.

Not everything makes the news... Very little actually.

I know of a few instances similar to this that never got news at all. And why would there be a trail?

Thanks man. Where did you hear about it? I checked the paper, but never saw anything...

I just heard about it in passing during rollcall. As in "hey did you hear about that dumbass robber?" No details, though. Check you PM's, Elvis.

Glad to hear all is well, I once was in situation in Oregon but was able to see trouble far enough away. Long story short I backed out called police they picked up the guy. He was just out of prison and had been up & down the coast robbing and stealing. My caliber of choice is .357 mag. it has a proven 96% 1 shot stop. One thing about automatic's, even the best of them, high stress can cause a jam because your main focus isn't on how you're holding the gun. If your kinda shook up (and who wouldn't be) under stress your wrist might not be ridged enough to allow the gun to function as it's intended. That's why I carry a revolver.

good job . glad you come out ok. Hope you never have to do again. but if you do magsafe ammo no matter what cal. adds 100ftlbs of knock down power and makes a 3 in entry hole with 13 in on penetration. It is a hollow point with a few bb's covered with a polymer. then follow with a hydra shock. just in case. anyway the down side to magsafe is a leather jacket. it frags on impact. that is what i keep in my 9 and 45. anyway well done.

... but if you do magsafe ammo no matter what cal. adds 100ftlbs of knock down power and makes a 3 in entry hole with 13 in on penetration. It is a hollow point with a few bb's covered with a polymer. then follow with a hydra shock. just in case. anyway the down side to magsafe is a leather jacket. it frags on impact. that is what i keep in my 9 and 45. anyway well done.

I call bullshit. dry.png

Chile. thank you i may be wrong. i bought the stuff 15 or so years ago. here' info http://www.magsafeonline.com/magnum_performance.html . but i went a looked into it further. while the ballistics are there . after doing a little reading

this stuff may not be all it is cracked up to be. thanks for keeping me honest and making me check my facts.

Aside from James' back-up, Elvis is a long time, and respected member here. That's all the evidence I need.

• Like 5

I just talked with the detective, he said the guy is in a medically induced coma, and has been charged with 3 counts of robbery 1 and 2 counts of attempted murder, with a $180k bond. The other guy, the driver, is being held on 3 counts of robbery. Unfortunately, I won't be able to retrieve my pistol unti after the trial. Actually, its fine, I won't be carrying it anymore.

• Like 1

I just talked with the detective, he said the guy is in a medically induced coma

I for one will be hoping for a hospital born terminal staff infection.

Been following this thread and I have put off telling you "good job" for to long.

You defended yourself and your lady admirably.

Well done! That one beer will really settle your nerves! :)

Interesting jam. Do you practice with your weapon a lot? I had a Kimber Solo that I ended up selling because even after a hundred rounds of golden saber and 200 rounds of rws, it still had random jams. I actually use a PF9 now and it stopped jamming about 150 rounds into the break in.

Still hard to believe that you need to "break in" a weapon. But, you do need to practice a lot so it becomes muscle memory.

Best of luck to you and yours. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
Well done! That one beer will really settle your nerves! :)

Interesting jam. Do you practice with your weapon a lot? I had a Kimber Solo that I ended up selling because even after a hundred rounds of golden saber and 200 rounds of rws, it still had random jams. I actually use a PF9 now and it stopped jamming about 150 rounds into the break in.

Still hard to believe that you need to "break in" a weapon. But, you do need to practice a lot so it becomes muscle memory.

I'd never had a problem with it when I ws shooting it, so I don't really know what happened with the jam. It had to have been a wicked limp wrist or the slide slamming into my hand.

• Like 1

Well done! That one beer will really settle your nerves! smile.png

Fuck breaking a pistol in so it will shoot properly IMO especially for a CCW piece. I have never had to break in a pistol so it runs right, and that includes a Walther P22 that eats everything I feed it.

Using a shitty pistol to defend one's self and others is mindless. Not saying Elvis' was a POS but when you suggest breaking a pistol in so it will run right...Come on!

Run a Glock, M&P, etc, and of course the real 1911, a Colt not a copy, and they will not let you down.

You do get what you pay for apart from overpriced Kimbers that do have problems. No offense dude, they have a pretty shitty rap on the street and it is public knowledge.

I'm glad it worked out to Elvis' advantage but I wouldn't carry that weapon to throw at someone.

I'm looking at the Glock 36 for a new carry piece, but I think the $200 Rossi .357mag will do the trick for the time being.

Hey bro, don't know what capacity laws your dealing with but here's a neat little trick to get it past 6rds in the G36. take a Glock 29 or 30 lower and mate the Glock 36 upper on to it. It's a little lighter (an the teeniest bit smaller) then the G30/29 slides. Now you have capacity plus reduced size.

I used this setup for awhile before getting my RMR setup.

Might I also suggest a Glock 29, it's incredibly low profile with a Zach holster and a clip draw.

I'm glad you came out on top and had your head in the right place. Props to you bro.beer.gif

Thanks, i'm looking at the 36 because its single stack, I figured it'd be a little bit more comfortable than the double stack models. I have a 23 i used to carry, but I started carrying the kel tec because it was so much easier to deal with.

Thanks, i'm looking at the 36 because its single stack, I figured it'd be a little bit more comfortable than the double stack models. I have a 23 i used to carry, but I started carrying the kel tec because it was so much easier to deal with.

Grip reduction is simple and your friend. Someday when I learn how to post pics (technologically de-advanced) I'll throw up a shot of my G-29.

Hey Elvis, was the Kel Tec PF9 the one from the infamous NOLA PD fiasco?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/61574-im-pretty-sure-new-orleans-police-stole-my-pistol/page__hl__nopd__fromsearch__1

If it is, then by the end of this the police have probably had that gun in their possession longer than you have! haha.gif

Glad you are doing well and that that shit-bag is not out robbing people for his next coke fix!

Hey Elvis, was the Kel Tec PF9 the one from the infamous NOLA PD fiasco?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/61574-im-pretty-sure-new-orleans-police-stole-my-pistol/page__hl__nopd__fromsearch__1

If it is, then by the end of this the police have probably had that gun in their possession longer than you have! haha.gif

Glad you are doing well and that that shit-bag is not out robbing people for his next coke fix!

Yeah man, same one, haha. You're right, the police have held on to that particular one for a while, I actually bought another one when the police in new orleans had the grey one, but I liked the clip on the grey one so I usually carry it.

• Like 1