What's the best compliment you've gotten for your S12....

"Jeaux's gun is one of the most aesthetically balanced S12's ever made IMO. " - Bob Ash

It's a TROMIX 10" S-12 SBS.............. Thanks again to Tony for crafting this awesome weapon, and to Bob for the high compliment, and believe me, he should know !!

post-3950-0-38160800-1321537363_thumb.jpg

post-3950-0-88262600-1321537389_thumb.jpg

post-3950-0-17382900-1321537424_thumb.jpg

post-3950-0-95233800-1321537922_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeaux E
  • Like 1

I went 'Shotgun Bowling' with my neighbor and his buddies. After the main event, we decided to simply burn up the remaining ammo. Enter the MD-20. After watching these guys (who were twice my size) get thrown around and experience muzzle- climb like they'd never dreamed, I decided to show off. I grabbed my factory fiver and folded my ACE stock. I then proceeded to walk towards the targets while firing from the hip. After my little mag-dump, another guy walked up behind their group and said, "Just to let you know: he just made you look like a bunch of bitches."

Made my day.

My club has a range that is just for shotguns and black powder guns. Berms at 25 and 50 with chicken wire backers.

So if there is anybody else at that range he is usually a black powder shooter.

Nothing weirder than a Kentucky flintlock and an S12 side by side on the line.

Most of the guys have been pretty cool and intrigued. Some of the koots look like they smell something bad when they see it.

Like everyone else though, everyone who shoots it winds up smiling.

I went 'Shotgun Bowling' with my neighbor and his buddies. After the main event, we decided to simply burn up the remaining ammo. Enter the MD-20. After watching these guys (who were twice my size) get thrown around and experience muzzle- climb like they'd never dreamed, I decided to show off. I grabbed my factory fiver and folded my ACE stock. I then proceeded to walk towards the targets while firing from the hip. After my little mag-dump, another guy walked up behind their group and said, "Just to let you know: he just made you look like a bunch of bitches."

Made my day.

good one.

i arrived one time at our local range with a small crowd of police-trainees ogling around what looked like to me like a glock with a RONI kit complete with aimpoint micro on top. looks pretty but thought to myself what's the fuss about. the gun was being shot by a lawyer (i was told later on by the range master) who was with his GF and two of her lady friends. the three ladies were seated in the viewing stand and appeared busy texting and oblivious to the shooting going on. so i started my warm-up routine shooting my marlin papoose then my HS45. i was alone in my shooting bay all this time. then i brought out the Saiga12, with the butt stock folded. almost immediately, two of the police trainees were at my side, one of them saying excitedly "AK! AK! (at least he was sharp enough to recognize the unmistakable profile of the legendary AK47). as they got closer, they saw my 12-gauge shells and looked perplexedly at me and said "Shotgun....?". so i smiled and said yes you are basically correct when you said its an AK and yes you are absolutely correct, its a shotgun. Its called SAIGA-12 (sigh-guh). then i loaded up my (still) one and only factory 5-rounded and instantaneously downed 5 metal plates. from the stands, i heard a woman's voice yell, "now that's a gun". i emptied the two boxes of double "O" buck and as i passed by the viewing stand to go home, the prettiest one asked me if they can have my picture taken with them and the saiga 12. so i obliged and as i was leaving, she shouted "hey, please like me on FaceBook, will ya!". only then did i realize, the saiga 12 can deliver a killer pick-up line without even talking. cool.png

• Like 2

My wife call my Vepr - Upyr (Vampire in English)

Most common for Vepr - Hrusha (Small Piggy/ Piglet) or Svin (Swine)

What language is she speaking?!? Russian? What would it be for "hog" or "boar"?

She speak Russian as me, in Russain Upyr sounds some alike Vepr, but meen different: Zombi instead of wild boar ;)

I get some odd looks @ first, many think its just a blacked out AK, Then I shoot it and I get the WTF looks.

My fav though last time I had it out was a guy that was oh so jealous of it, walked up asked if it was a Saiga 12, I said yes, he proceeded to say "I hate you". I proceeded to do my normal shooting. Then @ the end loaded my 5rd mag and walked over and asked if he'd like to shoot it since he already hated me, He did asked where I got it, I told him, his GF or wife gave me an evil eye as he proceeded to say "I'm so heading there to get one".

• Like 1

A couple of younger army guys came to the range with their new AR's, they had those plumcrazy polymer lowers that I've been seein a lot of recently and we started talking about weight balance and such and one mentioned he wanted a heavy stock to put some more weight in the rear. I have an ACE Socom stock on my S12 and he was unfamiliar with ACE all together so of cours I went to my car and brought back my lil lady to show off her ass to the guy. Long story short then ended up going up to the shop for some slugs (we don't allow shot at my range). They shared a mag and both reacted the same, they fired, sat still as if in deep thought, flipped the safety up, set her down and just turned and smiled. The guy I was talkin about ACE with sat her down next to his AR and shook his head at me, "That's a damn serious weapon man". They also both expressed the need to own one.

boar = kaban

hog = svin'ya

My wife call my Vepr - Upyr (Vampire in English)

Most common for Vepr - Hrusha (Small Piggy/ Piglet) or Svin (Swine)

What language is she speaking?!? Russian? What would it be for "hog" or "boar"?

She speak Russian as me, in Russain Upyr sounds some alike Vepr, but meen different: Zombi instead of wild boar wink.png

Cool! I I like "Svin'ya"! My soon to be hog slayer!

I showed one of my shift mates my Saiga. Within a few weeks he had bought his own and converted it within the month.

just took it to the range on Thursday for first time

started at the shotgun patterning station, the only place where I could shoot bird shoot - I tuned the autoplug and dumped a 10 rnder just to check for FTEs :) next second, a range supervisor comes to a screetching stop on his golf cart and runs to me, yelling - "No rifles on this range!!!" I answer "sure, but it's a shot gun.." he stopped dead on his tracks and had to think for a second, looked in my mag mumbled something about 2 rnds in the mag rule :) then asked me what did I use this shotgun for :)

later at 50 yards, I was demolishing targets and target frames - shooting standing, emptying a drum at at time - wood pieces and chips flying off the target frame... people just stopped shooting and came to look at the shotty from 5-6 stations over :)

I heard couple remarks - "This is AK in 12ga...Holy Shit!!!" "Dude, this is a robocop gun!" and some others

I also had an AR-15 that I also build at the bench and at the end, a guy - former army, now in reserve, came and we talked and he asked to shoot my AR to compare it to M4 he had as issue, and he really liked my build, (14.5 lightweight Spikes with Dynacomp and magpul goodies and Eotech eXPS) then he noticed Saiga and was just speechless :), forgot about AR, but never built up a courage to ask to shoot it :)

went to an indoor range to unload my guns. range master said "a saiga12?! how the hell do you have a saiga?" he grabbed the rifle and started slowly pulling the charging handle back to see the internals. he then said "i just really want to admire your S12. " he was really impressed to actually hold the rifle

Well there have been many professionals over the years who have given me great compliments on my favorite one, and of course many other trained, and untrained eyed people along the way.... every gun show I've carried any of the ones I built around, I can see and feel everyone gazing at them, from people just walking around, to the dealers who usually ask to handle it.... even the AR guys. Most people didn't used to know WTF it was and were amazed when they asked "Excuse me sir but what is that exactly, some sort of really heavy barreled AK?" As years went by and the S-12 became more popular, people would see the mag and be able to recognize the weapon platform. Lots then started recognizing exactly which one it is from being on the forums, and already knew of me. Those guys are always fun to meet and talk to. At the gun show Racegal and I were walking around at yesterday it was cool to hear people actually ask "Sir how much for the Saiga-12? That things really nice!"...

Probably the best compliment I've ever received IMO though, was less than a year ago when a very well known member of this forum, who works with the "Godfather" himself, commented to me about this one...

post-1293-0-44941800-1321850634_thumb.jpg

And said "Shannon that gun is STILL the best looking S-12 I've seen".

Yeah he would surely know, and that meant quite a lot to me coming from him. Thank you Bob. wink.png

• 4 weeks later...

Dumped an MD-20 in front of a very good friend who always has something to say, after 20 rounds in ~5 seconds or so, he just stood there slack-jawed and dumbfounded. Then, after a few seconds said, "Damn....................just.................damn."

I figure that since you usually can't shut his ass up, if my shotgun could do that just once, well, it's GOT to mean something!