i dont think there is anything wrong with having a plan b. if people want to call me crazy then fuck'em. but im not the one with the secret bunkers, or several para-military police agencies, so who's really the paranoid ones?

• Like 5

Plan 'B', 'C','D'............

No need to live scared-no matter WHAT the lame streme press is putting out. Competent people WILL survive, clueless and incompetent ones not so much! (dumb luck is always a factor).

• Like 3

i dont think there is anything wrong with having a plan b. if people want to call me crazy then fuck'em. but im not the one with the secret bunkers, or several para-military police agencies, so who's really the paranoid ones?

Perfect!! Strange how we are conditioned to think......a policeman wears a bulletproof vest because the streets are a dangerous place full of violent criminals.....if I am not mistaken, we actually WALK those Same streets in jeans and a t-shirt. Yet if we were to wear a bulletproof vest we would Instantly be labeled a Crazy Paranoid person.

I don't wear a vest to walk around, though I am a bit kooky.

edit: yes I do have a plan B!!

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 3

Perfect!! Strange how we are conditioned to think......a policeman wears a bulletproof vest because the streets are a dangerous place full of violent criminals.....if I am not mistaken, we actually WALK those Same streets in jeans and a t-shirt. Yet if we were to wear a bulletproof vest we would Instantly be labeled a Crazy Paranoid person.

I don't wear a vest to walk around, though I am a bit kooky.

edit: yes I do have a plan B!!

well said rob. beer.gif

Being from hurricane/tornado alley in Alabama, we prep for different scenarios. Natural disasters will happen, and sometimes with tragic results. Katrina was a wake-up call for many, but not that many. Most people wouldn't survive 1 week, much less longer under a TEOTWAWKI event. Heck, 24 hours without power/phone/internet drives some to a zombie state. Too many with an "entitlement" attitude. I've personally done 3 months without phone/power because we lived in a rural area after an ice storm in 1989. Propane heat/stove, so we at least stayed warm and could cook. We had plenty of dry beans/rice in the pantry, so we at least had food until the roads cleared 2 weeks later. Neighbor 1/4 mile up the road wasn't so lucky. He became a human popcicle.

Yes, I have a plan B, C, D, E-Z. When it comes to Mother Nature, she can throw you a curve real fast.

• Like 4

The inability of City Police, County Police, Highway Patrol, Fire Department, Red Cross, FEMA and several other organizations to delegate and decide on the proper course of action in an emergency is because they all think they are in charge, yet none of them actually do anything as a coordinated effort.

My wife and her good friend heard that they desperately needed animal trailers to evacuate animals in last week's Washoe fire, so she went down there to help and all they got to do was sit in a Mall parking lot for 6 fucking hours without one word that they were going to be allowed to do anything. Good to know that several of the many horses and livestock that died could have been saved by the 20+ good Samaritans pulling trailers eager to help. That number slowly eroded down to 5 or 6 trailers after so many hours of getting jack and shit for information or access.

Edited by BuffetDestroyer

The inability of City Police, County Police, Highway Patrol, Fire Department, Red Cross, FEMA and several other organizations to delegate and decide on the proper course of action in an emergency is because they all think they are in charge, yet none of them actually do anything as a coordinated effort.

My wife and her good friend heard that they desperately needed animal trailers to evacuate animals in last week's Washoe fire, so she went down there to help and all they got to do was sit in a Mall parking lot for 6 fucking hours without one word that they were going to be allowed to do anything. Good to know that several of the many horses and livestock that died could have been saved by the 20+ good Samaritans pulling trailers eager to help. That number slowly eroded down to 5 or 6 trailers after so many hours of getting jack and shit for information or access.

Same thing happened after Katrina. People were showing up with boats, water, food, and supplies, but they were turned away. This is why it's important to link up with like minds. When the S hits the fan, the goobment is NOT your friend.

On a lighter note, the locals are quick to volunteer here. When it flooded, I personally went over and helped fill/stack sandbags. When the wildfires break out, I at least put my name on the list for volunteers to help. When we are needed, we are here, and welcomed. I have no regrets moving here from my birth state, because here, people treat you like people(except for the out of state college brats who think they can change our way of life).

• Like 1

This is one of the many reasons for being prepared http://www.nasa.gov/...12712-X1.8.html . Not to mention weather events, social unrest and the mirade of other things that 7 billion people can't handle.

There will not be much warning if any and the damage can be quite sever http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/NOAAscales/

While it will not be the end of the world, weeks or months without electricity will not go well for those who are unprepared. So call me what ever you like, just don't expect me to give up my hard earned preparedness for your lack of foresight.

If you want to see current status go here http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/SWN/index.html

Rant Off

Edited by Dad2142Dad

Alot of my friends always say I know where to go when the shit hits the fan, because they know I have stuff. A lot of them are either too cheap to buy a Gun for protection or they just dont care about their famaly. I tell them they better not come around looking for help if anything goes down, what I have here is for me and the family. What they dont know is I wont be at the house anyway, I have more back up plans. SUCKERS! you better prepare.

I dont have enough for my friends. Everything is planned out around my family, my sons watch my back. Information I give to my friends before shit happens is all they get, if they dont want to prepare thats on them.

I dont have enough for my friends. Everything is planned out around my family, my sons watch my back. Information I give to my friends before shit happens is all they get, if they dont want to prepare thats on them.

I hate to rain on your parade and this is JMO but it is better to have a team rather than just you wife and kids watching your back. In my network of friends all who live within 15 miles of each other and all are prepping so when SHTF and we meet at our rally point with our familes. Now just asking who has a better chance a single family household trying to protect and scavange for themselves or a team of well trained and prepared familes who with in 4 hours of SHTF will have our familes at a secure location under our protection then we can send out teams to scavange and "borrow" what we don't have and it is easier to fight without women and kids in tow.

• Like 5

Bugging out with nowhere to go = suicide! We will all bug IN - HERE!

Not in a flood zone, defensible, not on a thru road,several thousand acres of wildlife management -park -Gov land to forage. GENERATOR and WELL, hand tools! GOOD NEIGHBORS! 4X4 vehicles and room to garden. ,

G O B you are correct bugging out will be a death sentence for alot of people. My bugging out is a little different I will be leaving my house and crossing the main road to a dirt road right across from my driveway and 1 mile at the end of that dirtroad is my parents house on our 150ac farm thats as far as I am going.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So did anyone else watch this show? Some of the preparations and points raised were interesting, at least. I did like the "conclusions" from the "experts" at the end of each section, and the follow-up with the subjects after that.

I did not know about the trick of using a handwarmer in a sealed bag to eliminate bacteria. I also know nothing about canning or a couple of the other things they showed.

I did get a chuckle out of the guy who was making all those preparations for an EMP event, but has an electronic sight on his M1A! ;) Too bad about his health being so poor, he had some good ideas otherwise.

It would be interesting to know who those "experts" were and where they got their information...?