With all this histeria crap about Zombies, end of the world BS have you guys seen what we have done to ammo prices???? YEA we are our own worst enemies! The ammo companies are lovin this, we are suckers...man even cheap crap ammo is triple the price it was 5 or 6 years ago...Now with this election thing and all this end of the world crap(which i think the manufactures dream up) a cheap box of wolf ammo will be 8.99$ before all is said and done. and guess what, when the dust settles and the zombies dont show the price will not come down?

It's just like the oil companies excuses to raise gas prices...Used to be, they actually tried to come up with a decent excuse, but anymore, they just do it, they know we'll pay it..just like the ammo makers. Although they do have price hikes in components, but the problem is that they are raising prices on stuff that's been made for awhile!

suppliers will repond to the demand. Anyone have stats on how much the gun industry has increased production in the last 10 years? There are a ton of companies getting into the AR business because of demand. The saiga movement has seen new business spring up to support and companies like magpul are putting out some interesting products.

The Government apparently isn't having any problems with ammunition prices being too high using your tax dollars, it seems. :up:

Now, if only they shoot all that .40 S&W they bought in firearms with unsupported barrel chambers.... :ded:

I disagree entirely. While the cost of metals is going steadily up, if shooting were to become immensely more popular and thus demand for ammo increased, manufacture would become more compettive, and likely reach new standards of quality and economy of scale.

Further, aren't you asking us to stop buying in order to make buying cheaper for you?

• Like 2

Prices does suck on ammo execept .22lr 5000 rounds for 150:). Bulk only would save me 10 to 15 dollars so I keep 200 rounds at home(7.62) and buy locally for what I am going to shoot that day. Not really worried about zombies or shtf though..... but aliens on the other hand 017.gif022.gif

• Like 1

I'm looking into a dillion 650 progressive reloader and going to start pumpin gout my own to save money... maybe even sell some on the cheap just for pocket money

i think you need a manufacturers license to sell ammo, and even if you didn't i'd be worried about the legalities when someone tries to fire one of your rounds in his home converted single six 45acp

I'm looking into a dillion 650 progressive reloader and going to start pumpin gout my own to save money... maybe even sell some on the cheap just for pocket money

i think you need a manufacturers license to sell ammo, and even if you didn't i'd be worried about the legalities when someone tries to fire one of your rounds in his home converted single six 45acp

ok well then i'll just scratch that idea and sit on all the ammo I make but come SHTF time I'll have more than enough to share

• Like 1

Wanna make it better?

Produce more ammo. The more we have the cheaper it will be.

So with the Homeland Security contract for 450 million rounds of .40 S&W JHP; splain to me how the price didn't come down Lucy?

I thought our government agencies could only use FMJ?...so wth with JHP huh?

Not for military, JHP is only for murdering. That's why using it is a war crime. When will our congress finally care about the rights of private citizens enough to apply Geneva convention to the cops?

Wanna make it better?

So with the Homeland Security contract for 450 million rounds of .40 S&W JHP; splain to me how the price didn't come down Lucy?

Supply increases don't really drive prices down if that supply increase is offset by a demand increase. If some manufacturer had just said, "We're going to increase supply of 40 S&W on the market by 450 million rounds," then, you would expect to see a price drop.

But what happened was that the feds said first, "We're increasing demand for 40 S&W on the market by 450 million rounds."

Now, it's distinctly possible that the 450 million round order will lower the supply of ammo on the market overall since so much production capacity would need to be tied up in filling the order. If demand stays the same, the price would be expected to rise.

As for whether or not I'll stop buying ammo: no. I might buy less, but a boycott isn't going to help anything.

Edited by DrThunder88
  • Like 2

Wanna make it better?

No sir, our military can only use FMJ as per the Geneva Convention. Government Agencies intent on murdering American citizens can use JHP. Hope that clarifies.

• Like 1

Wanna make it better?

No sir, our military can only use FMJ as per the Geneva Convention. Government Agencies intent on murdering American citizens can use JHP. Hope that clarifies.

I have a close friend who is an armorer currently in Afghanistan. And this is partially true but also partially untrue. Our military is using massive amounts of expanding ammunition technically outlawed by the geneva convention, but is allowed becuase enemy combatants are terrorist organizations or insurgent forces which do not apply to the Geneva convention since they are not considered a nations military.

Wanna make it better?

False.

Leo's use high quality expanding ammo, normally in the flavor of winchester ranger +p

• Like 2

Personally, I wouldn't blame it on greedy dealers right now. I'd blame it on the great recession. The cost of materials has gone up because the metals and elements are globally sourced and traded. Our US dollar is very weak and everybody trading in metals wants a few more dollars to protect their investment. The printing of money by the federal reserve creates an inflating dollar. This happened to the people of Germany when the Nazi scum removed the metals from their currency and towards the end of the war printed it out like newspapers. Hyperinflation. A promise not backed by gold or silver.

On the other hand, a silver dollar will get you more ammo today than it would have in the 70's. If you were a wise investor, the price of ammo using fiat toilet paper money is not all that bad. If you have silver as a currency, it's a steal.

Your ammo seems expensive because the dollar is unstable and worth a lot less thanks to our unaccountable government spending and the federal reserve's policy of printing money to correct debt levels. All this does is patch up a problem temporarily.

• Like 4