Where is my bottle opener? Never mind I'll get it open

I wish you had posted that closer to 5PM Eastern Standard Time. It's way to early to be wanting a beer.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!haha.gif

'Round these parts, we go by Noon, not 5pm!!!

I hope none of my friends see this!

Heck, I shouldn't have watched that. I will at least wear safety glasses.

• Like 1

That's great video. I especially like the fact that it's old, experienced grandpa who demonstrated this skill.

I just use my lighter to open non-twist-off beers... not nearly as dramatic, but there's very little chance of accidentally killing that soldier before his time. :D

Okay, I'll bite... How do you open a beer with a lighter?

Same way you'd use any corner's edge.

Hold the beer/lighter in left hand, the lighter upside down and against your palm, with the beer's cap on the edge, now smack top with right hand.

The lighter will hold against your palm, the bottle will slip against the lighter and off comes the cap.

Okay, I'll bite... How do you open a beer with a lighter?

Same way you'd use any corner's edge.

Hold the beer/lighter in left hand, the lighter upside down and against your palm, with the beer's cap on the edge, now smack top with right hand.

The lighter will hold against your palm, the bottle will slip against the lighter and off comes the cap.

Really? I always held the bottle neck tightly in my left hand then with the right hand used the bottom corner of the lighter to pry off the cap by levering the lighter against the top of my index finger.

Good to know theres multiple ways to do that.

• Like 1

Really? I always held the bottle neck tightly in my left hand then with the right hand used the bottom corner of the lighter to pry off the cap by levering the lighter against the top of my index finger.

Good to know theres multiple ways to do that.

Thats how i've always done it.

Cool video!

I wish you had posted that closer to 5PM Eastern Standard Time. It's way to early to be wanting a beer.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!haha.gif

'Round these parts, we go by Noon, not 5pm!!!

I hope none of my friends see this!

Heck, I shouldn't have watched that. I will at least wear safety glasses.

Noon? Heck, from what I've seen around here, anytime is Miller Time!! Big Sky Brewery is right across the street from where I work. It was so bad at the warehouse, they told us we could be fired if we got caught sneaking to the brewery while on the clock.

It's always noon somewhere is my excuse. We used to be "clicking on Tokyo time" when I was Active Duty! I had the chainsaw out today but didn't have the balls to kill a few good beers just for the hell of it.

Edited by MT Predator