Know any tricks for dealing with a pregnant wife?

my wife is pregnant with our second, at about 5 months.

This time around seems more difficult then the first.

I just don't argue with her, whatever she says is right.

When I go ride or shoot, she is fine as long as I give her the feeling that she is the one who is giving me permission to go.

this time around we are having a girl, wonder if that has something to do with it.

She did buy me a saiga 7.62 for fathers day, so I must be doing something right.

• Like 3

YUP give her what she wants be nice don't argue ( even if your right)

OH this time of year air conditioning ( made our last one more tolerable in the summer ) when she looked like Orca.

Nothing worse than a 128 lbs chick prego in the middle of summer with out AC in the car or house.

• Like 1

My wife and I have 4 children. I think the thing to remember is pregnant women are emotional rollercoasters (at least from my experiance) so just try to be supportive and go with it.

If she is crying and doesn't know why, don't try to figure it out, she will be over it quick.

If she is mad at you and you don't know why, don't burn yourself out trying to figure it out or defend yourself, she will be over it soon.

If she is depressed, again, don't try to figure it out or talk to her about it, just be supportive and she'll be over it before you know it.

There are also good emotions in there, I don't think I have to give you any help there big_smile.gif .

Again, that's just my experiance with my wife. I'm sure all women are different.

• Like 2

Just had my second child and I would have to agree that you need to put up with more crap than usual from her. Help out more around the house and lots of back rubs. Thoses two things helped a lot. Hang in there just another 18 years and your home free!

• Like 1

LoL! Some good ones there. I guess it all boils down to dealing with it. Let her win and just chalk it up to her being pregnant.

Thanks for all the good advice and all the jokes!

I just got done talking to her for lunch and pretty much all pointers worked. We had a good conversation and she's happy. I'll make her a nice dinner and give her a massage tonight. Perhaps if she is less stressed and more happy, the baby will have even better odds of being healthy like the first one. Very little stress the first time around.

You guys are awesome!

• Like 1

Hobbies, Bitterness & Masturbation...

Bwahahahaha!!!

Not really. What Juggs said IS funny - but only in retrospect, and perspective.

Hang in there, brother. There's no real easy way to do this. Be there for her. Listen to her, and make sure she knows you hear her. Remember that somewhere underneath those hormone fueled ups and downs, is the love of your life, and the girl you married.

Are you two expecting a boy by any chance?

• Like 1

Like alot of others have already said, empathize with her and don't try to fix her problems. Just listen. It will get better. And then go schedule a vasectomy like I did under the premise of "Honey I love you so much that I never want to put you through this again".

Seriously though, I hope all goes well with the pregnancy, and will keep you in our prayers. My wife and I have two healthy girls after three miscarriages. It was a difficult time probably more so on her. So the only good advice I can give you is biblical: "Husbands love your wives" and everything will turn out alright.

• Like 1

Juggs ,

You now owe me a new keyboard haha.gif cause this one is going to die when the yogurt dries out unhappy.gifold PS2 micro plug , But unfortunately while it is funny as heck ,there is some truth in it too, many of my friends have run into "lack of interest" issue after the birth and have gone thru Long "Dry" spells of 5 years or more !!!

P.S. I am just kidding about Owing me anything i should know better by now haha.gif Never read posts while eating or you Will be sorry !!!

Edited by belt fed frog
  • Like 1

We don't know yet. I'm a little outnumbered so it would be nice to have another guy around. Have a wife, a daughter and a bitch. If it's a boy, I will get a male dog for him. Then we will all be squared away!

deploy thats the best plan, get her prego, deploy, and return just before the baby arrives lol, but seriously

no more contracts. stipulation with having the first kid. must stay and work at home. :( at least for the first five years of their life.

We don't know yet. I'm a little outnumbered so it would be nice to have another guy around. Have a wife, a daughter and a bitch. If it's a boy, I will get a male dog for him. Then we will all be squared away!

Just a guess. You might just be shopping for a puppy too.

Just a guess. You might just be shopping for a puppy too.

Yep! I plan to import a german shepherd from slovakia. If that doesn't happen due to the BS hoops you have to jump through, I would consider one of the breeders here in Montana. I have had two rescue GSD in my life and they were both great, but I want my daughter to be the master of the next one. An adult would only submit to the alpha which would be me or my wife during her pregnancy!

Women always seem to like money, buy a lottery ticket and there is a 1 in 180,000,000 chance you could make her happy.

ROFL! I'm using that one! HA!

When my wife was pregnant, she was convinced I was cheating on her (I wasn't).

One night I was just trying to make her feel better, when I said, "Honey, after you..... why would I ever want another woman?"

Man that was a rough night........ beaten.gif

• Like 1

Congrats on the second one, now you won't know who broke what ever.

On the wife many have given you some great advice. One thing I will add is to flirt with her, chase her around the house. A lot of women feel that they get ugly and their man will not want them. Make her feel like she looks and acts like the lady you fell for.

Big props on the foot and back rubs and whatever she wants to eat, no matter what time of day, make it happen.

• Like 1

Rub that belly with coco butter every night, tell her all the time that she is the beautiful mother goddess incarnate! Keep chockolate handy at all times, and be ready to handle the hormone induced mood swings!

• Like 2