This is what men do in states were firearms ownership is discouraged

News flash, if you think you're more of a man because you own guns then you're as mentally afflicted as any 'brony'.

Maybe you were raised that its appropriate to make disparaging marks against people that you view as inferior in order to make yourself feel bigger (especially when none of them are here to dispute you).

Maybe your fathers are the ones that should have done a better job.

I don't think I'm more of a man because I own guns, but if anybody wants to know what KIND of a man I am then I'm happy to have that be a major clue, along with a thousand other aspects of my life, rather than a "My Little Pony" costume hanging in my closet. Do I view grown men who do things that little girls normally do as inferior? Oh, hell no. I just think they are very strange. And my father didn't have to teach me that. At least we agree that Bronys are "mentally afflicted".

• Like 2
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

News flash, if you think you're more of a man because you own guns then you're as mentally afflicted as any 'brony'.   Maybe you were raised that its appropriate to make disparaging marks against pe

Posted Images

When my son was about 2 1/2, the wife brought home a Barbie and Ken doll set for him to play with. I was pissed anger.gif

How ever my son had my back, as soon as the dolls came out of the box. He promptly ripped the heads off big_smile.gif

A few months later she got him a bag of the little green army guys. Still have two of them on my desk, the rest died valiantly due to fire, explosions and other assorted experimentation.

It is in the genes I guess.

• Like 3

When my son was about 2 1/2, the wife brought home a Barbie and Ken doll set for him to play with. I was pissed anger.gif

How ever my son had my back, as soon as the dolls came out of the box. He promptly ripped the heads off big_smile.gif

A few months later she got him a bag of the little green army guys. Still have two of them on my desk, the rest died valiantly due to fire, explosions and other assorted experimentation.

It is in the genes I guess.

I see no problem with a 2.5 year old boy playing with Ken/ Barbie because he will move on to other appropriate toys rather quickly. 2 years old is pretty young and roles are not yet totally defined yet. In my medical training, early child psychological/social conditioning is dependant on being exposed to various toys/dress.etc and other childrens interactions to such as well as parental reaction/acceptance. Your wife's insight really helped in assisting your son deal with this. Our wives sometimes have instinct us guys don't fully understand. Mine does all the time and I initally get pissed too but later see the positive and am glad I have her. However, an adult male, sorry that is abnormal behavior and could probably be traced back to very early childhood experience or lack thereof. My army men had it bad too but not as bad as my GI JOES, the real ones (the big ones) Those guys had it rough............

Edited by U.S Praetorian

Whats interesting, is that nowhere in the title of this did it say or actually imply that "owning guns is manly". Yet many took it that way because the bronie link, which if you did take it that way, wether your definding them or not, by default your adminting that being a bronie, is in fact, feminine. And those that found this most offensive were the ones that pointed it out the quickest..hmmm.

Edited by poolingmyignorance

Whats interesting, is that nowhere in the title of this did it say or actually imply that "owning guns is manly". Yet many took it that way because the bronie link, which if you did take it that way, wether your definding them or not, by default your adminting that being a bronie, is in fact, feminine. And those that found this most offensive were the ones that pointed it out the quickest..hmmm.

..hmmmm

Honestly it just seems very wrong that a bunch of grown men would immerse themselves in a world directed toward young girls. And go out of thier way to conventions to be amoungst them. I'd be keeping a close eye on my kids around anybody like that.

So I don't think the demasculinating coments are unjust or undeserved. If thats what you were implying.

Seems like you took it that way.

EDIT: Oh, and to be clear, I'm not offended. I just find it pathetic that some folks will go out of there way to talk shit about people they don't know in order to make self serving comments. I like to take the opposing side to those statements even when they're vastly unpopular.

Edited by Risky

i dont feel i have to be the bigger person. these men are, and should be, old enough to know and accept the aftermath that may follow.

I bet that's the most exercise he got in a whole year. biggrin.png

I wonder if he does one of the South Park (G_ddammit) voices? unsure.png

one could hope. he needs all the excercise he can get! sick.gif

I guess we can deduce by this that EA Spots Active and Kinect Sports aren't two games found in his XBOX game library? :lolol:

• Like 1

I guess we can deduce by this that EA Spots Active and Kinect Sports aren't two games found in his XBOX game library? 021.gif

i reckon that dance, dance revolution passed him by!laugh.png

..hmmmm

Honestly it just seems very wrong that a bunch of grown men would immerse themselves in a world directed toward young girls. And go out of thier way to conventions to be amoungst them. I'd be keeping a close eye on my kids around anybody like that.

So I don't think the demasculinating coments are unjust or undeserved. If thats what you were implying.

EDIT: Oh, and to be clear, I'm not offended. I just find it pathetic that some folks will go out of there way to talk shit about people they don't know in order to make self serving comments. I like to take the opposing side to those statements even when they're vastly unpopular.

im sorry risky, i do like you lad, but i will say this: nobody forced these men to continue to return to these conventions time and again. and i find it pathetic that people now find sympathy in people that choose to play with girls toys. but to each is own...

..hmmmm

so you like to stir the pot just for fuck's sake...I can respect that.

I know it wasnt meant that way, but I gotta hear "yankee yankee yankee" daily down here now.

FYI - even though we couldnt have machine guns back home, I still cut dead trees down for firewood with my AR or AK the last 5 years I was up there. and...on saturdays when I would open up at noon every weekend, everyone within earshot would show up in due time with piles of guns and ammo to shoot till dark.

btw, the link is hard to look at. I have some hard core sci-fi friends, and I dont understand them, let alone THAT crap. LOL

I need this guy to come with me the next time I try to buy some ammo at the (um, the case is locked, and we don't know who has the key for it :unsure: ) Vineland Wal Mart. :lol:

I'd even offer to buy him a Mountain Dew afterwards, but the soda vending machines out front of the store are usually all out too (even though the red sold out lights aren't ever on). :angry:

Set up the green army guys, then snipe them off with my BB gun. Good times. Many of them were also crash victims in my airplane models that always seemed to crash and burn while laden with the contents of a tube of model glue and the matchheads off a box of kitchen matches as cargo...

Edited by mogunner
  • Like 3

You know, I ought not begrudge a man for finding some sort of innocent fun that he may or may not have had in his childhood---he'll, I still whipped put the old G.I.Joes on occasion in my early 20, but dancing to the "My Little Pony" theme song--proudly, I may add--is, to me, a taaaaaad bit poofy.

My 14-year old niece thought my opinions of this were barbaric, but she goes to a 'progressive' school, where she knows a few "Bronies", who are in their mid-teens. I said that that was all right and all, but we're talking grown men. Grown men, especially red-blooded American men, do not dress up like "My Little Pony" characters and dance willingly in public to the show's music.

They look at, and admire, human female breasts and assess, they routinely get to play with both (if they're into that), they hold real men like John Wayne as their role models, and they know when another man acting like a young girl is just wrong.

They should hold this convention in San Francisco.

• Like 2