Is the tac-47 plug really worth it

it is if you like to use diffrent loads and like me don't want to have to clear a jam everytime you switch.

I previously installed the v plug but found changing settings was my least favorite activity. Switch loads it either jams or over gasses, you gotta stop, drop the mag, clear the jam, check the chamber, change the setting, reload...or install the auto plug set it, then rock lock, kaboom!

• Like 2

It's black.

They come preset from TAC to run in most S12's. However, some need fine tuning (just like our S12's), to get the correct function.

There's lots of good info on here about them.

I just picked one up but havent taken the 12 out to function test and dial it in yet, if it even needs it.

• Like 1

I have one on mine. A lot of people can run them great right out of the box. Some need to be tuned. All this means is picking up a box of 7 1/2 shot and bringing a screwdriver to the range with you. Shoot, adjust, shoot, adjust, shoot, adjust until you get consistent successful ejections. Once it's tuned, if you loctite it in, it doesn't need to be touched again. If you don't loctite it, it will need to be screwed in again after a few hundred rounds (usually no more than a quarter to half turn in).

Hell yea they are worth it, I have two of them for each S12. Install, dial it in, and no more screwing with plug settings.

Plus it's fun as hell to hand a unsuspecting friend a mag full of mixed loads.000.gif

I don't think I'll have an S12 without one until I get one of those rifled bbl's from Tromix and make a slugger. I won't need it and Tac47 says not to run 3" slugs through 'em. Other than that, yes they are pretty awesome. Think about it, you dial it in just enough to cycle the gun with the cheapest junk and never have to worry about it being overgassed

YES!!!

I did all the friction reduction and still had some failures. So I drilled out my gas ports to 3/32 and installed the auto plug. My S-12 runs everything I want it to 100% now. It's great if you increase your gas flow.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if this was a miracle fix gimmick.

It sounds like it is, and very useful.

Since it sounds like there much more positive review/opinion than bad, I'll be getting one now032.gif

Edited by Pro2A

I was wondering if this was a miracle fix gimmick.

It sounds like its not, and very useful.

Since it sounds like there much more positive review/opinion than bad, I'll be getting one now032.gif

If your gun is under gassed, the AP won't fix it. The AP works great if the gun is properly or over gassed.

Set it and you can use mix loads in a mag. No more stopping to twist a dial for proper gas setting.

And yes its worth it.

For me I don't think it is necessary. But many of the nicest things aren't necessary. Once you dial it in and lock it down, it prevents the possibility of many problems. At the range I mostly shoot low brass. At home I would theoretically shoot high brass. Now I don't have to check constantly to make sure I am on the right setting.

I usually go shooting with friends. When you have 3 or 4 people who want to try it out while I am shooting myself, I can't constantly police what ammo they use. I've got an AK Buffer and an autoplug. Simpler for them, and no chance of my gun getting beat up by the wrong ammo.

Then there are the know-it-alls. Every now and then some stranger will show up and will have read bad stuff about saigas. He wants to say that the gun sucks but wants to try it more. I enjoy converting people as much as converting shotguns... So if this guy's experience with mine is munching a load of birdshot on setting #1, or seeing me fumble to change the settings, I am proving the detractors' points. If I hand him the gun and it works beautifully with no effort, I've blown his mind. Which sounds more fun to you?

Bottom line-- if you only have $45 and you are trying to decide whether to buy ammo and go shooting or get the autoplug and stay home, get the ammo. If you can afford it buy it. If your gun ain't running right, get it running right. The right fixes are free.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 3

For me I don't think it is necessary. But many of the nicest things aren't necessary. Once you dial it in and lock it down, it prevents the possibility of many problems. At the range I mostly shoot low brass. At home I would theoretically shoot high brass. Now I don't have to check constantly to make sure I am on the right setting.

Main reason I use them....

I usually go shooting with friends. When you have 3 or 4 people who want to try it out while I am shooting myself, I can't constantly police what ammo they use. I've got an AK Buffer and an autoplug. Simpler for them, and no chance of my gun getting beat up by the wrong ammo.

Then there are the know-it-alls. Every now and then some stranger will show up and will have read bad stuff about saigas. He wants to say that the gun sucks but wants to try it more. I enjoy converting people as much as converting shotguns... So if this guy's experience with mine is munching a load of birdshot on setting #1, or seeing me fumble to change the settings, I am proving the detractors' points. If I hand him the gun and it works beautifully with no effort, I've blown his mind. Which sounds more fun to you?

Bottom line-- if you only have $45 and you are trying to decide whether to buy ammo and go shooting or get the autoplug and stay home, get the ammo. If you can afford it buy it. If your gun ain't running right, get it running right. The right fixes are free.

Mine works great, I had to crank the adjustment almost all of the way in with an MD booster puck though.

Still is a little iffy with winchester walmart bulk packs from a drum, but with anything else it's 100%.

I also run a cheap squishy buffer from a gun show. It works amazingly well and does not contribute to any malfunctions with weak ammunition, but greatly improves controllability with 3" magnums.

Edited by Tombs

I love mine. So far I'm at somewhere between 4 and 500 rounds with it. Once I set it and used loctite, it hasn't required any adjustments at all. At the range, I shoot more Federal bulk, because it's cheaper. However, I always try to put at least a mag or two of slugs and/or buckshot through it too.

I finally ordered one of these to protect my gun from myself, and to make life simpler. Was at the range with the wife, shot some cheap shit, never an issue with the wally world stuff. Watched her plink with the 10/22 and the 7.62 for a bit. Reached in my bag. Hmm. Slugs, cool. Fired off 2 mags before I realized I was on setting 5 with the v plug set it to 1. Then grabbed a mag of buck shot. Stove pipe untill setting 3. Federal bulk buckshot in the ammo can. Figured it would run like slugs. Enough of this shit. Auto-plug on the way.

I'm hoping to get mine on this week and get it set. I've had it forever, but haven't had time to get to the range and tune it in and I didn't want to be left without a reliable s12 @ home.(yes mine is reliable in factory config, and works well without a cleaning for over 300rds{actually was close to 500 the last time I cleaned it})

OMG Tac-47 took the time to email me and explain they were out of springs for the autoplugs and expecting them soon the day after I placed my order. Why did'nt they leave me hanging forever like a lot of companies do? Thanks for the heads up Tac-47! Good CS IMO!