Deaf 3 yr old to change name because signing it violates weapons polic

FUCKING RETARDS!!!!!

It never ceases to amaze me how low we have sunk when COMMON SENSE fails and falls behind the feeling of need to be PC!!!!

IT is no wonder the sorry state of this great nation!!!!

:smoke:

That's absurd! It's fucking retarded!Change a boy's name he's had all his life thus far, so he can attend school? WTF is wrong with this picture? If the libtards have to go around changing everything to make it more PC then how about changing the sign for "Hunter", to look more like the sign for "Gatherer or Provider", and less like some thug symbol of a gun being pointed? NO that's not the answer either, words have meanings, and each deserves it's own, same with deaf people. The school needs a good spanking if you ask me, this is so ridiculous! I had a good buddy in school named Hunter, and he never shot anyone. rolleyes.gif

OK before posting... I decided to look into it further and found that there is apparently no official word for "Hunter" in the ASL dictionary. You have to spell (sign in letters) if you want to add "er" to the end of a word. When spelling hunter, the only thing that looks even remotely like a gun is the letter H.

Now if you look at the ASL sign for HUNT, it does look like someone holding a rifle or long gun, but NOT pointing at the person being addressed, so I still don't see what the big fucking deal is!

I did find this though, and it's mildly entertaining to see the way the story of a Moose hunt is told in sign. This is actually a story of the hunter becoming the hunted... which IMO is what you get when you go out in search of big game that can kill your ass, and then fall asleep in the stand...lol. (finger on the trigger no doubt... rolleyes.gif .)

This is just about the saddest thing I've ever heard of

http://boingboing.ne...boy-must-c.html

I would "sign" to the school your avatar and say "read this"!!! What happened to the corgi?

haha well if you check out the MKA-1919 forums I asked a question aobut mag couplers and someone that doesn't own one decided to add nothing to the thread, so I pic bombed calling him a douche bag and found this pic :)

Einstein may appear again, but for now I'm rotating pics i found last night while image searching for "Fuck off" lol

This is just about the saddest thing I've ever heard of

http://boingboing.ne...boy-must-c.html

I would "sign" to the school your avatar and say "read this"!!! What happened to the corgi?

haha well if you check out the MKA-1919 forums I asked a question aobut mag couplers and someone that doesn't own one decided to add nothing to the thread, so I pic bombed calling him a douche bag and found this pic smile.png

Einstein may appear again, but for now I'm rotating pics i found last night while image searching for "Fuck off" lol

This might work for you also:

fuck20off.gif

It means the same thing.

But in a statement released Tuesday the school through its Communications Coordinator Jack Sheard said, "The sign language techniques taught in the school district are consistent with the standards of the Nebraska Department of Education and ASL [American Sign Language]...It goes on to say, "Grand Island Public Schools is not requiring any current student with a hearing impairment to change his or her sign language name," as reported by 1011 Now.

According to reports the school received many angry calls and threats since the story broke out, which have forced the school to retract their previous request.

The parents of the deaf preschooler that they already informed lawyers at the National Association of the Deaf to take on the case, if the school pursued it further.

http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/1979/20120829/deaf-preschooler-hunter-spanjer-asked-to-change-his-sing-language-name-by-school-watch-video.htm

• Like 4

But in a statement released Tuesday the school through its Communications Coordinator Jack Sheard said, "The sign language techniques taught in the school district are consistent with the standards of the Nebraska Department of Education and ASL [American Sign Language]...It goes on to say, "Grand Island Public Schools is not requiring any current student with a hearing impairment to change his or her sign language name," as reported by 1011 Now.

According to reports the school received many angry calls and threats since the story broke out, which have forced the school to retract their previous request.

The parents of the deaf preschooler that they already informed lawyers at the National Association of the Deaf to take on the case, if the school pursued it further.

http://www.lawyerher...watch-video.htm

HOORAY!!!! thanks for posting the update Yakdung