I usually don't post much, just read, but I am Pi$$ed. I don't have any AR's just AK's so I was one of the folks who ordered a Troy 5.56 Carbine from Dick's Sporting Goods on Black Friday. When I originally purchased it they said they would honor the price and not to worry. Then after they pulled all their evil black rifles last week I called customer service and they said since I ordered before they were pulled they would still get me the rifle. So today while Christmas shopping with the wife I decided to stop by and talk to the gun counter guy and see if he has a date for the delivery. Apparently he just got off the phone with corporate and they have decided to canel all orders, refund the $, and throw in a $100 gift card for everyones trouble. This is total BS. I asked if they could offer an alternative rifle as I know they have some in the back and was told no.I paid in full over a month ago, have been a good customer of theirs for years( besides the rifle I have spent over $1,000 this year alone) and now I have missed out and can no longer get any AR-15 anywhere. Please do not support DSG any longer. Thanks for reading

Also, sorry in advance if I violated any forum rules. Mods please edit if necessary. Thanks

well there's no DSG where i live so i wont be buying from them. Sorry to here how you were treated its sad so many business's are afraid to be AMERICAN and i can only hope they will change their minds soon and if they don't I hope everyone joins in to NOT support their communist ways

That's just bad business...very unethical. I've had the same thing happen twice with private transactions in the past few days. Trade/sale agreed upon, then the person backs out because.....look what it's going for now. I was told this literally like that made their actions OK. I had gone so far as to pack up a parts kit and send FFL....then nothing.

I was actually ok with CTD price gouging. Don't like it, don't buy. But they did the same thing to their customers over mags too. NOW I'll never buy from them again even if it's the cheapest. Dick's is now on that list too.

• Like 1

Went to local gun range today and noticed no semi auto anything for sale just bolt and pump.

I asked the guy if they sold out or pussed out he tells me they only have one 338 lapua and it is going for sale online.

So going to gouge someone who will allow it.

Don't buy much there because of bad experience yrs ago just use range.

I would find a lawyer who wants to make a few bucks, offer him double his normal percentage and turn him loose on them, sue them for violating a contract... Just to prove a point.

Honestly, I think chili has a very valid point. If they piss off the right person I think it would not end well for them.

Its pretty hard for the average joe to sue some one. But this has got to be some kind of violation here. False advertising. Breaking contracts. I dont know but they are taking a big risk and Im not so sure they thought it through or they wouldnt have. Thats the media for you. Even has the big box stores scared enough they arent thinking about their financial losses.

I have thought suing them. I have a good friend who is a lawyer and I plan on talking to him after Christmas. I'll see what he says. I am going to hold on to the refund check I am supposed to get. If not him I am sure some lawyer will get wind of this and take some sort of action. I smell class action!

Do not take the check, doing so could possibly be taken as you accepting their termination of the sale.

I would go back to the store, be very polite yet brusque, demand to speak with the manager, tell him you intend to sue, demand the manager call corporate office.

If no progress is made, demand that the manager provide some sort of written termination of the sale. If he won't, demand he have corporate FAX it over, right then, wait for it.

I would also be calling and emailing their corporate offices, and sending a certified letter of intent to sue if they do not immediately honor the sale.

What you're doing is building documentation of their bad faith.

Stick it to them.

• Like 2

Do not take the check, doing so could possibly be taken as you accepting their termination of the sale.

I would go back to the store, be very polite yet brusque, demand to speak with the manager, tell him you intend to sue, demand the manager call corporate office.

If no progress is made, demand that the manager provide some sort of written termination of the sale. If he won't, demand he have corporate FAX it over, right then, wait for it.

I would also be calling and emailing their corporate offices, and sending a certified letter of intent to sue if they do not immediately honor the sale.

What you're doing is building documentation of their bad faith.

Stick it to them.

While your waiting tell 'em to take that gift card and shove it up their ass!!!! I am done with Dicks and CTD....if they don't have a pair when push comes to shove then fuck'em!!! There are a bunch other respectable businesses where I can spend my money.