Just wanted to introduce myself, I have been reading this forum for a while, learning about my Saiga12, and what a great weapon it is. It's my favorite of all of our weapons. This forum is very knowlegable, just not about this gun, but also about what is going on in this country of ours. I'm going to start to do upgrades to my S12 soon, so I'll be asking some dumb Q's probobly repeat Q's, so please bear with me.

Thanks,

Kraken12

• Like 5
Welcome. You started out right by becoming a contributor. Welcome to the illness.

Cap't,

Thanks for the welcome, and it is illness that can be managed, I think, by weekly trips to the local gun range! smile.png Although that is kinda hard these days with all the business travel I do. In the great state of Texas right now!

Also, 1st Q, would this be a good 1st upgrade to my Saiga?

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-967/Saiga-12-low-brass/Detail

Thanks.

Edited by Kraken12
  • Like 2
Just wanted to introduce myself, I have been reading this forum for a while, learning about my Saiga12, and what a great weapon it is. It's my favorite of all of our weapons. This forum is very knowlegable, just not about this gun, but also about what is going on in this country of ours. I'm going to start to do upgrades to my S12 soon, so I'll be asking some dumb Q's probobly repeat Q's, so please bear with me.

Thanks,

Kraken12

Welcome!

Welcome. You started out right by becoming a contributor. Welcome to the illness.

Cap't,

Thanks for the welcome, and it is illness that can be managed, I think, by weekly trips to the local gun range! smile.png Although that is kinda hard these days with all the business travel I do. In the great state of Texas right now!

Also, 1st Q, would this be a good 1st upgrade to my Saiga?

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-967/Saiga-12-low-brass/Detail

Thanks.

No it would not be an upgrade to ever put those parts in a gun. Shoot your gun first and see how it performs, if you are having reliability issues, fix them correctly. The "reliability kit" treats a symptom but doesn't cure the disease.

Welcome!

• Like 1

Welcome.

If you do have reliability issues, you really want to deal with it by doing a combination of

1) reducing friction

2) increasing gas

As needed to both.

Start by sanding any burrs off of the rails, then test with 1 1/8 oz loads at 1200FPS

Your gun should be able to run those reliably with factory parts.

Either work front to back or back to front. I prefer Front to back, which means that after doing the basic friction check and cleanup, increas gas in small increments from a starting point of 4 ports at 0.078" until reliability is acheived. This is easy and costs less than $5, Then bolt profiling may be added as needed.

Others would go back to front and do a major bolt reprofile before addressing gas. Professional bolt work is about $100 from the popular vendors and has other advantages, but requires a real wait. If you plan on getting such service or doing it yourself, it probably makes sense to do so before dealing with gas ports.

The point is be systematic and test.

Only change one thing at a time, and don't buy bandaid parts like soft springs.

• Like 3

Welcome and thanks for contributing! You'll find answers to all of your questions here, some of them right!LOL. As has been stated, search is your friend,, use it first, do the homework. Then if you can't find the answer, by all means, ask! Good to have ya aboard!

Where to you contribute? How?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/store/

Done! thanks buddy

No problem.

Welcome to the most up to date news, most informative, most intuitive, funniest, happiest, saddest, bruttalist truthful, honest, most awesome and valuable forum this side of my kitchen!

This forum is pretty badass.

• Like 3

This is the ONLY gun forum I go to anymore.

A lot less BS here and the Mods are on top of trouble-makers / trolls.

Lots of good info and 90%+ of the aftermarket Siaga developement / modifications has happened right here.

Welcome and enjoy the ride!

Macbeau sends....

• Like 3

Folks,

Thanks for the warm reception, just got back in from work, and was dying to check this thread. Some more intel on me and my family, (#1 thing in my life smile.png )

We live on Merritt Island, (where the Kennedy Space Center is loacted), on the east coast of FL., and my lovely wife, let's call her "Bonnie" since she calls me "Clyde" when we are at the range... Bonnie has really taken to the guns aspect of self-protection, especially since she has to travel all over the Gunshine state for her job. Bonnie has become a pretty damn good shot with her Walthers PK 380. She picked it out last Thanksgiving, and has been on a tear with it ever since, I just mounted a CP tactical laser sight on it a couple weeks ago and she is working on sighting it in. Bonnie is going to get her CPW the next time the Fl. Gun show comes to Orlando. We have 2 girls, a 21 yr old, living in Denver and going to college there, the other is a 12 yr old at home with us, and is a piano wizard. We also have "Sasha" 4 year old, 105 lb Female German Shepherd, that is a beast, very protective of the 12 year old. We took the 12 year to the range for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago, and she got into it, she said she wanted to shoot the Saiga, I told her someday honey, but not today, but we bought her a .177 pellet gun on the way back from the range that day, smile.png , I couldn't be prouder papa!!

I have ripped about 150 rds thru the Saiga, and Yes I got the Saiga12 shoulder bruise, healed up in a day or 2. She fired everything I put thru her, Fed. bulk, OO buck, slugs, with no FTE problems. I broke her down and gave her a good cleaning, and took her back to the range, and she has started to FTE about every 3rd rd with Fed. bulk out of a 12 rd stick. I think I need to adjust the Gas Plug and try her again. She is fine with any other loads....

Anyway, sorry for the long winded post, just excited to be here and ready learn everything I can about my "peacekeeper". We also have a Mosin Nagant Model 1891/30, a Colt M4 LE6920, a Mossy 500, and a Beretta S9000 .40cal for my CWP weapon.

Our motto around the house is: "When in doubt, buy more ammo"!

Thanks,

K12

Edited by Kraken12
  • Like 1