40 members have voted

1. 1. What should you do with the FACTORY Card Board Boxes that Rifles and Shot Guns Come in

• Keep Them
    • Trash Them

I'm just trying to figure out what I should do with these.

Please vote and post your reasons below.

I think I'm going to trash mine.

I have a hidden safe but it someone goes into my attic or shed and sees a ton of gun boxes they might start looking for the them.

Edited by Boba Debt

I keep them, although the boxes for my AK style stuff is mostly garbage by the time they arrive here. It is just an old habit I developed because my Dad did it. He would keep the box to the Coleman lantern and shellac it so it would be waterproof for transporting/storing the lantern. I suppose you might get more fi you sold the weapon years hence. I don't really sell any of my guns so I don't have a good reason. LOL Been saving those boxes for 40 odd years now; in the attic. Probably so brittle now they need to be thrown out. I just am not going to be the one to do it. smile.png

Edited by 1911
  • Like 1
I keep them so that the gun has the value of having the original box.

I keep them. I also use them to store spare parts for that gun.

+1 for both of these, especially for the original parts that might get removed.

• Like 2

I toss them... Anything specific to my actual firearm I cut off the box and keep (I kept the end of the box with the SN, model, etc for the S12). Way easier to store and might give a little bit of the "with box" value.

If I had saved all my individual Wolf ammo boxes from the 1000 rd. bulk boxes through the years, I probably could wallpaper all the walls and ceilings in my home twice. I do have a shit load of the plastic cartridge holders from all different calibers, though.

If I had saved all my individual Wolf ammo boxes from the 1000 rd. bulk boxes through the years, I probably could wallpaper all the walls and ceilings in my home twice. I do have a shit load of the plastic cartridge holders from all different calibers, though.

Pretty sure he's asking about the actual firearm boxes. I have kept them for the parts and I guess resale. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna trash them though. They do me no good aside from taking up space.

Pretty sure he's asking about the actual firearm boxes. I have kept them for the parts and I guess resale. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna trash them though. They do me no good aside from taking up space.

Oops! Yep, I read the title wrong.

As I can not vote both, I have keept 1, one is a loan of money for the firearm I have.

He was, is, in a bad way, so I sent money and I got the firearm.

The rest are land fill.

I still have all of the boxes mine came in..just me I guess. The one that I did sell (.223) , I sold it in the box and the new owner was pleased that it had the origional box, why I do not know, for it didn't resemble the origional in the least! ;)

• Like 1

I keep them all. Buyers usually want them. They are also a good fallback in case the weapons are stolen and you didn't write down the serial numbers or lost the record of it. Of course, if the thieves don't take the box too....

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

I've kept all of mine and I'm using them to build a cabin in the woods, covered on the outside with that horribly offensive and dangerous brown paper you are supposed to destroy immediately.... I'm currently starting on the second story...lol.

haha.gif

• Like 1
I've kept all of mine and I'm using them to build a cabin in the woods, covered on the outside with that horribly offensive and dangerous brown paper you are supposed to destroy immediately....

That's a good idea. If the guns don't get intruders the tumors will sick.gif

I'm tripping over the damn boxes in the basement, I know I should trash them, but I also know they'll help when/if I ever need/want to sale them. Ah screw it, just stack them back up in the corner.

Thanks for reminding me. The garbage truck is coming through tomorrow morning. Been tripping over an obstacle course of large piles of empty beer case boxes on my front porch that I need to take out to the trash tonight.

I've kept all of mine and I'm using them to build a cabin in the woods, covered on the outside with that horribly offensive and dangerous brown paper you are supposed to destroy immediately....

That's a good idea. If the guns don't get intruders the tumors will sick.gif

I saved all my brown paper that comes with the Saigas in the box. I plan on hosting DHS guys over here for Thanksgiving and roasting the turkey in those bags.

LMAO fffpatriot!

Hey just a tip, I save all my beer boxes too, and buy all my beer in 24 pack cases (cans). Split at the seam and opened up flat, they store easily and make excellent targets or backdrops for paper targets in case you get off paper. You can also very easily cut them into silhouette shaped targets.

Waste not want not I always say....

• Like 1

That is a good idea Cobra! Now that you mention it, unfolded at the seam, they would make a nice b-mi target with a head silhoutte cut out at the top.

Damn, to think I tossed thousands of empty beer cases out since last summer...