Picked up an AR... I know, I bring shame.

Finally, I am an AR owner!!

Mega (Michigan Gun Owners) lower, BCM Middy 14.5 upper.

It needs a little TLC, a previous owner soaked it with Krylon or the like. I'll be taking care of that shortly though.

My dirty duo...

IMG_20130514_194545_259_zps6339afab.jpg

IMG_20130515_104925_zps4241e4bb.jpg

• Like 1

Congrats! No shame in my eyes, a great rifle is a great rifle! I love my saiga convert as much, or more than, my AR. Hope it brings you as much joy!

Thanks.

Seriously considering a AR adapter for it now...

Hadn't heard of Mega before. Nice that there's a MI based AR lower. I think Detroit Gun Works is another, but I've no clue if they're any good. BCM has quality. Never owned a mid length gas system, but I understand they're pretty nice. They let you use a bayo too.

• Like 1

Most on here have an AR or two. At least us older fellas:). Love to shoot all types of firearms. Love my ARfor accuracy and balance, but if TSHTF, that's when I would grab one of my Saigas!

Edited by unclejake
  • Like 1

Hadn't heard of Mega before. Nice that there's a MI based AR lower. I think Detroit Gun Works is another, but I've no clue if they're any good. BCM has quality. Never owned a mid length gas system, but I understand they're pretty nice. They let you use a bayo too.

Mega is middle of the road, I think. Definitely not junk but not top tier either.

They are based out of Washington. MGO (Michigan Gun Owners) did a custom lower group buy with the MGO logo.

IMG_20130514_223159_751_zps97190140.jpg

• Like 1

Got a AR myself...

I love my .223 saiga with the mag adapter. Made a custom bullet guide so I can still use rock and lock mags.

Which adapter are you using MSA... er, TAKD?

I could look it up I guess...

Nope, I haven't disclosed the details on the .223 build yet. Partially due to the political environment in NY, and partly because its been at a stand still while I wait for a specific part.(been trying to get for a year now)

LMK how that 14.5" upper runs. I had a 16" and sold it, wanted something lighter so im shopping for a 14.5". However, ive heard that midlength gas system wont run well under 16" barrels. Id LOVE a shorter barrel with the softer shooting midlength system though. Id be using that PWS brake too.

Edited by mostholycerebus
  • Like 1

I picked up a few Detroit Gun Works lowers and have been very happy with them. But they stopped making them. At least they stopped making them under their name. Maybe they are a supplier for someone else.

And the mag adapter was a great addition to my saiga .223

Edited by mizombiekilla
  • Like 1

I have both AK & AR rifles, nothing wrong with that.

Heck, I've revolver and semi-auto handguns too.

I also have multiple types/sizes of screwdrivers in my toolbox... Different tools for different jobs.

More than one way to skin a cat.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 4

LMK how that 14.5" upper runs. I had a 16" and sold it, wanted something lighter so im shopping for a 14.5". However, ive heard that midlength gas system wont run well under 16" barrels. Id LOVE a shorter barrel with the softer shooting midlength system though. Id be using that PWS brake too.

My Palmetto upper is a middy, and runs like a top. Only thing is if I run 5.56NATO, it dings the brass off the deflector. If I'm running .223, it chucks it 3-4 o'clock every round. Mine eats whatever is in the mag, but it has the chromed FN barrel(basically a cut down M249 barrel). I can use a bayo, but no cut for a GL. This was mainly for the wife to have a GTG she was familiar with and could handle.

No Shame in owning many AR's. I do. I bought a DPMS about 4 years ago from the LGS that some dick head had painted with that spray crackle paint from walmart, That you use on bathroom walls, in camo colors. The guy couldn't give it away, but he did to me for $375.00. After about 2 weeks of stripping and cleaning, I shoot the hell out of it and it runs just great. Good friend next door is going to Idaho to work, on Sunday, so tomorrow afternoon, we are going to turn the AR's loose for one last shoot, for a few months, so I told him I'd bring a 50cal ammo can full, and he could burn out his barrel if he wanted to. He says he won't be allowed to take any "protection", company rules.

• Like 1

Last time the Wife and Me went to the local public range I pulled out the Saiga223 to check the red dot.

Shot 5 rounds at 50 and grouped them okay and started folding up the gun. The guy with a new Bushmaster asked if he could shoot the Saiga and I said sure.

He is looking for a Saiga, Just loved the Gun.

• Like 1

Took some brake cleaner to it last night for a bit. Worked awesome! I still have quite a bit to go (I'll need more brake cleaner) but here is some difference.

There was at least two coats of gloss black and one tan/FDE.

IMG_20130516_070356_063_zpsf433aebc.jpg

IMG_20130516_070332_412_zps0de23db0.jpg

There are a couple of ways for you to go on this:

1. Sounds like you’ve made a terrible choice and the only possible solution is to send me this item immediately no questions asked. I’ve had ARs in the past so am immune to the stigma of AR ownership. While you may get so sick you buy more of them.
  2. Hey nice rifle enjoy it.

Chances are you’ll go with choice #2 but if you decide to save yourself PM me. haha.gif

• Like 1