Yea well look who owned it. Its a ghetto dog, I'm just surprised it wasn't a pitbull but close enough. I live about 20 min. from PETA's world headquarters if you want some flyers n shit.

seeing how I've got a pit bull I'm not a redneck living out in the woods anymore "now I be a ghetto dweller", not sure if that's a move up or down. long story short: a good dog died needlessly protecting his stupid owner, I've been moved to the ghetto, and there's a chance you're just some white bread bigot long as we're labeling people, places, and things.

• Like 1
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poor dog, dumb fucking owner.

All fail aside, for those who have never seen an animal die, it is never pretty. Most often it is as depicted, under different circumstances, of course. Hell, cut a chicken's head off or slit a hog's

Without seeing the whole video I am not sure why the guy is getting detained... I see no crimetape, perimeter setup or anyone telling him to not come any closer; I see an open sidewalk with 2 cops wal

Posted Images

White bread? I like wheat. Thanks. Racist.

I would have preferred the owner got shot but the cops taught him a lesson in a different way. Not to mention the civil rights retards that would have been marching around as the media circus begun.

Edited by SaigaSlinger

Someone was trained to shoot the dog, obviously.

Guess what was behind the dog... houses and people.

Think about that.

Other vids have come out and yeah it was still foolish, the cop was lucky he didnt hit some kid seeing how much he missed.

Forget the damned dog, you dont discharge a weapon in that situation.

so you're pro cops committing murder in the streets to teach someone a lesson, piss poor marksmanship and handling a situation in the worst possible way

but against civil rights, people of color, the media, and afraid of dogs

plus you think I'm the racist between the two of us

damn I'm at a loss for words

oh wait I found some

never mind just remembered you can't fix stupid and playing with you feels too much like child abuse.

This is why they illegally arrested that guy for resisting arrest and playing loud music. He already had a law suit against the cops for illegal actions against him. Easy and simple, they could have just told him to turn off his music. California cops are on the top for law suits. They were also trying to make an example of him what happens when you legally videotape cops. He is going to get payed twice now by taxpayers and the cops will just get a slap on the hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzvJzqZ8iVY

Someone was trained to shoot the dog, obviously.

Guess what was behind the dog... houses and people.

Think about that.

Other vids have come out and yeah it was still foolish, the cop was lucky he didnt hit some kid seeing how much he missed.

Forget the damned dog, you dont discharge a weapon in that situation.

Man, the way he was shooting, I don't know if he was trained...AT ALL...

Just because someone holds a trump card, it don't mean you HAVE to play it...

The only creature in that situation that even came close to doing what it was supposed to was the dog. Im a dog person and generally like animals more than people, but i too know the folly of irresponsible pet owners with powerful animals. The owner didnt do his part to ensure the dogs safety while stirring crap up with the cops. The cops handled the situation in the worst possible way short of shooting the owner. Its just a shame to see the life of a good dog ended all because of the actions of both parties involved.

• Like 1

I saw the video again. All involved except the dog messed up. The dude should have been smarter than to piss off the cops. The cops should have been smarter and just ignored his dumb ass since he was not doing anything threatening to them and there was obviously something much bigger than a dumb ass with a cell phone to be worried or concerned about. The idiot who shot the dog......well....he's just an idiot and he proved it on camera. The dog did EXACTLY what any loyal dog would do: Protect his owner. The cops should have realized that before they approached the dude. They should have told him to please secure the dog if possible and to delete the video on the phone. End of story. But no, that wasn't enough for those hot heads. They had to take it one step further to show the whole ghetto who's boss. I'm sorry, but I think that the whole idea of "teaching someone not to fuck with the police" is ignorant. Yes, I agree, don't fuck with them if you don't have too. But it should go both ways. Showing a cool head in a bad situation can sometimes gain you more respect than just "laying down the law".

Just my opinion. And yes, I know everyone has one. Thank God, especially on this day, that we live in a country where we can or SHOULD be able to express that, and have our opinions greeted with respect. God Bless America

so you're pro cops committing murder in the streets to teach someone a lesson, piss poor marksmanship and handling a situation in the worst possible way

but against civil rights, people of color, the media, and afraid of dogs

plus you think I'm the racist between the two of us

damn I'm at a loss for words

oh wait I found some

never mind just remembered you can't fix stupid and playing with you feels too much like child abuse.

aiiight yo! keep it real dog. dead dog

OC is also VERY effective on dogs..

No, it is very effective on SOME dogs. Just like it is very effective on SOME people. I've had several cases where OC had no effect on the dog or the human. Same thing with the Taser. I've watched people just stand there, smile and pull the probes out of their chest. They are both just tools and not every tool works every time. Not trying to be a jerk, just stating my experience with the stuff. And for those that are interested, here is the rest of the story from the video. The only TRUE VICTIM in all of this is the dog.

Associated Press

HAWTHORNE, Calif. — A Southern California police officer fatally shot a Rottweiler that lunged at officers arresting its master.

The Torrance Daily Breeze says the videotaped shooting occurred Sunday after police surrounded a home where a gunman reportedly robbed two people.

Police arrested a bystander they say refused to turn down blaring car music during the incident. A cellphone video, posted on YouTube, shows the dog leaping out of the car window and lunging at officers who handcuffed its master. It's shot four times.

Leon Rosby spent the night in jail on suspicion of obstructing officers.

Rosby, who has a criminal history and a current lawsuit against police, say they needlessly killed his dog. His lawyer, Michael Gulden, says the incident will be added to the lawsuit.

Police are investigating the shooting.

ap2.gifCopyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press

well, to be fair I have not OC'd many dogs..

Just didn't see anything that warranted the "Nuclear option" for the dog.. especially with all the activity in the area.

Respectfully.

City folk must be SOME kind a pussies. It's a dog on a leash fer cryin out loud. A police officer ought to have enough Balls and sense to handle that much. How about his Tazer or pepper spray if he isn't able to deal with a leashed dog.

• Like 1

I watched this from a link on Drudge the other day and have mixed feelings about it. You only see one quick shot of what was going on with the owner of the dog and the police doing their job. The police were doing something serious and had problems with the dog's owner distracting the scene. The owner could have locked the dog down properly and then made an ass out of himself. The cops were justified in shooting the dog, but only because they don't know how to handle dogs and shit their pants like most people who have no idea how to handle working dogs. If you were a dog person, you would see that the dog just wanted to be with his owner and not left alone. Only after the cops posture changed did the dog revert to instinct. There was a leash there and anybody who has owned a large working dog could have easily aimed one at the dog's head for security and attempt to control the dog. Step on the leash or watch your fingers and take hold of the collar. This dog was a puppy and could have been tamed easily. The posture of the cop was all wrong. You could also have used CS to get it away. Maybe even a tazer.

The cop was justified, the owner was stupid and the dog was in the wrong place with the wrong owner. The cop did quarter the target to control where the shots went and most guys with half a brain will use fragmenting rounds in the city. Even if you do hit a dog clean, they kick and twitch a lot. I've shot one bad dog and taken the collar of several that have gotten out of line. My German Shepherd was great at calming things down when he was still around. He simply took out the bad dog by the neck and held them down 'till they gave up and wanted to play. Sure miss him. Anyway, working dogs like this are a weapon. They can be tame as a baby and as kind as a grandpa but, you can only assume the owner is an asshole and the dog was trained poorly.

Could have, should have, would have.

Poor dog. Stupid fucking owner. Scared cop.

• Like 1

I've seen the word racist thrown out as an insult. Is it bad to be a racist?

Cops have every right to go home without so much as even a scratch. Dog lunges at me, dog goes to sleep. As for shot placement... Lets see how any of you guys do in a truly stressful situation. Ghetto scum have no shame. The guy was taunting the cops plain and simple. People for some reason now have zero respect for LEO these days which must put them on guard in every ghetto situation. i know it would me. They could have gone in and shot everyone on that block and their fucking dogs for all I care.

if it was not a testosterone sausage fest, anyone could have calmly walked up to that dog & grabbed the leash... you stomp towards a confused dog, what do ya think is gonna happen?.. I work with rescue fighting Pits out of Detroit and flint... NEVER saw one thing from that dog that was not provoked...

OC is also VERY effective on dogs..

The Officers were NOT in control of the scene. Then escalate things to a frenzy of violence.

skip right on over provable cause & reasonable suspicion and just start shootin'...

I'm sure if they would have let the dog owner deal with his dog FIRST, this would not have happened..

Don't really think the guy was the boston bomber or anything, LOW flight-risk...

Make 'em take a seat until animal control arrives and THEN arrest 'em..

Don't wanna be filmed serving the public then don't draw a paycheck serving the public..........

I'd say avoid cops all together, if they ain't got their shit together, or they forget their training/under-trained.

Shit can apparently get lethal..

Not that the Dog owner get's a "by" out of responsibility, he dont.. but it's not his job to control the scene...

attachicon.gif1000374_215755955239977_807792873_n.jpg

I have kinda missed the buss on this thread so I won't say much. I align more with Captain Hero and Juggs on this one. These officers did everything wrong in my book.
  • Like 1

All fail aside, for those who have never seen an animal die, it is never pretty. Most often it is as depicted, under different circumstances, of course. Hell, cut a chicken's head off or slit a hog's throat if you like seeing death throes. Animals don't just drop and stop moving when killed.

• Like 2

Without seeing the whole video I am not sure why the guy is getting detained... I see no crimetape, perimeter setup or anyone telling him to not come any closer; I see an open sidewalk with 2 cops walking away at first and then coming back, a sidewalk that is a street away from an area that is assumed under unvestigation. He might have a previous record but that does not make it OK to detain him for nothing. Recording civil servants/LE personnel is not a crime. I was a civil servant and got recorder ocasionally during my work ...I did not have problem with it, why should they?

What did they expect a dog to do when they are grabbing their owner? Typical mentaility that has been on the rise of "I can shoot anything because I am a LEO".

If you can't handle being recorded or dealing with irate people find a job in the office with no cameras (and people).

Edited by HappYBallZ
  • Like 2

All fail aside, for those who have never seen an animal die, it is never pretty. Most often it is as depicted, under different circumstances, of course. Hell, cut a chicken's head off or slit a hog's throat if you like seeing death throes. Animals don't just drop and stop moving when killed.

Not entirely true. This dog kicked a bit, but ive seen vid of cops with shotguns shooting wild rotts and pitts, and they just STOP, like throwing a lightswitch. Threat ENDS, instantly. Vids like that are why ill only own pistols for CCW. If I need to use a gun, I want to stop the threat immediately, so im using a longarm if possible. My 'pistols' are .300BLK ARs or shotguns.

Not entirely true. This dog kicked a bit,........

I'll give you that, and add that traumatic, instant death RARELY causes instantaneous paralysis. I believe the dog in the video was involuntarily convulsing after death. Like I said. It's never pretty.

There were video-tapers about 15 to 20 feet behind the black guy. Nothing happen to them for interfering with a police investigation.

There were video-tapers inside of police lines. Nothing happen to them for interfering with a police investigation.

Does anyone know a cop or seen a cop cuff and arrest a human for playing loud music before saying to turn down your music?

Taxpayers are going to pay that guy twice for cops targeting a black guy, again.

There were video-tapers about 15 to 20 feet behind the black guy. Nothing happen to them for interfering with a police investigation.

There were video-tapers inside of police lines. Nothing happen to them for interfering with a police investigation.

Does anyone know a cop or seen a cop cuff and arrest a human for playing loud music before saying to turn down your music?

Taxpayers are going to pay that guy twice for cops targeting a black guy, again.

Considering they commit an overwhelming amount of crime for being only 13% of the total population, they should be targeted. 13% US population, 40% US prison population, that's amazing.

LEO needed to just move the guy on.

"Sir move on or you will be detained"

Thick skin needs to be part of the Job. These Men forgot it.

Now the police are hated more!

Nice dog to bad.

I'm just going to leave this here...

if you ran that poster in a reservation town near where I used to live, I think people would misunderstand. Killing the roving packs of stray dogs would be viewed as a valuable public service, and a justification for more government.