Picture Post ,Lets see your .223!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, I have every right to be an ass because I am a lawful gun owner and frequent this forum and don't want it to turn into some fucking weirdo illegal gun / militia bullshit cause of idiots like yo

First of all, instead of being an ass, you could be more specific. Second, i said i JUST got the gun, meaning I haven't bought or added the American parts I need. Third, chill out.

CCCP you've got no right to be an asshole to him. He just fucking got the gun. He put the 30 in for what? Five fucking minutes? Let's see the BATF worry about him putting in an unloaded 30 round magaz

Posted Images

Thats a nice gun. does your stock have a trap door?

Yes. and the cleaning kit is in it. The KVAR warsaw pact length US stocks have them but I don't know about Nato length.

No if I can figure a way to cut down the cleaning rod and mount it under the barrel. Drilling through the mounting clamp at the front of the tapco Galil HG retainer has some promise.

The KVAR Warsaw pact length is AWESOME! It has the trap, steel butt plate, and is VERY tight. I had to slightly persuade it with a large rubber mallet! Very solid! In fact, it is much more solid than the Saiga factory stock. I give it a AAAAA+ Trigger pull with the KVAR single hook is very nice also. MUCH better than the factory trigger.

The KVAR Warsaw pact length is AWESOME! It has the trap, steel butt plate, and is VERY tight. I had to slightly persuade it with a large rubber mallet! Very solid! In fact, it is much more solid than the Saiga factory stock. I give it a AAAAA+ Trigger pull with the KVAR single hook is very nice also. MUCH better than the factory trigger.

Thanx for the info on the stock I'll have to get me one of those. I originally didnt want to put any optics on my saiga but I bought a 3-9x32mm scope for it and put it on that scopemount i bought from you. Nice scope, the cross hairs light up red or green with different brightnesses or the normal black.

post-13453-1234393839_thumb.jpg

Ok heres my Saiga .223 after conversion. Went with the Tapco stock and SMG railed forearm. I may put a scout mount and cheapo light on later or maybe a bipod, who knows what I can sneak past the wife? I took it out to our 50yrd range yesterday with 200 rounds of XM193 and had a freakin blast! I was able to score consistent hits on a shootnsee target from bench and freestanding positions. The 4 surefire 30rd mags I have functioned flawlessly and were eager to take all the .223 you could cram into them. The rifle got alot of attention from other shooters at the range and was just plain fun to shoot.

post-15854-1234814608_thumb.jpg

I have been working on this the last few days in my spare time. I think I will run it at the next 3 gun for the fun of it.

Shotgun-Saiga, Rifle-Saiga, Pistol-? Maybe my Open Glock.

Greg

post-9063-1235014843_thumb.jpg

post-9063-1235018856_thumb.jpg

Bad lighting but it's finally near "done" and I'm happy with it :) Can't do much more cause I'm in NJ.

Saiga .223 16"

ACE fixed Skeleton Stock

TAPCO Galil style handguard

Surefire 15rd Mags

Probably gonna get one of those new Tromix bolt on-charging handles

post-15286-1235025697_thumb.jpg

Edited by saigafun12345

My first:

2ujrszb.jpg

16" 223

k-var warsaw buttstock

tapco SAW

stock handguard

tapco g2 trigger

dinzags conversion kit (for the ready to place triggerguard!)

brand new dremel (love it, maybe even more than the rifle! why didn't I have one before?!?)

I didn't have much trouble at all with placing a screw under the mag release. In retrospect I should have paid the extra for dinzag's BHO mod - next time I guess. Currently I'm using the e-clips on the FCG, but I may add the little retaining part thingy next time I order saiga parts. I have another 16" that I'm waiting for a ACE or MSA internal block so I can put my ace folder (looks a lot like the one above, without the galil handguard). Can't believe I spent $180 on the ace unconverted folding pg adapter when converting was so easy (and frankly, cheaper). My 16" ace folder has the surefire handguard (love it), and so does my 20" with factory non-pg buttstock (so that I have 1 US part plus surefire mags). I think I'm going to keep the 20" unchanged, so that I have one wolf-in-sheepskin rifle, but maybe get dinzag's fcg good for 2 922r parts and do the piston. Haven't done a feedramp on any of them. Would really love to find a US made wood stock & matching handgaurd set that immitates the import sporting config. PM me if you have a set for sale!

Sold my 2 ARs at inflated post-election prices, was able to basically turn 2 ARs I seldom used and were finicky about mags and ammo into 3 saigas, a glock 19, a glock 26, and a kel-tec sub 2k that takes g19 mags. (of course, extra mags + ammo + parts were out of pocket, but it almost feels like I've made money out of the deals) I've simplified and organized my gun safe, and feel like I have firearms I can truly trust. Well, maybe not the kel-tec, but definitely the glocks & saigas.

• 2 weeks later...

some really great rifles in this thread

3315849726_83f09bcd7e_o.jpg

not a great pic, but a friend wanted to see it so i decided to show it here also. its still in the works. i recently removed the excess front sight barrel cover for measurement. i have ordered, from dinzags, the FSB with threads and bayo lug with a '74 brake. i also have coming a trigger set and a trijicon front sight post. I also have a sling on the way. I am considering a trijicon rear sight. I want a better scope also and a bayonet.

so far -

surefire tri rail stock

RAA buttstock

UTG scope mount

Leapers 6x39 scope

Sling Thing Sling adapter

Surefire 30 round mag

CMMG 5 position foregrip

Dragonclaw bipod

anyone know if a foregrip counts as pistol grip? its american so would be compliant anyways.

Edited by GregM1
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally done:

SaigaWood.jpg

A slightly earlier picture:

JavelinaKill2.jpg

I may put the original forearm back on if I need to use a bipod, although I'm working on figuring out how to do one with my current setup.

Edited by Mike the Wolf

Gun pr0n! Yummie. lol.

Just finished converting my .223/5.56~ Pretty fun stuff.

The build list:

Converted to Standard AK47 Fire Control Group w/ BHO (SemiAuto Only)

Bolt Carrier- All contact surfaces polished

Bolt - All contact surfaces polished

Reciever Rails - All contact surfaces polished

Fire Control Group - All contact surfaces polished

Trijicon Tritium Front Sight

4 Port Gas Tube

UltiMak Tri Rail Fore End

Falcon Rail Guards x3

Surefire M951 Tactical Light

Surefire LED Upgrade

GG&S Front Sling Adaptor

Blackhawk Tactical Sling

Tapco/ Tromix G2 Single Hook Fire Control Group

Tromix Shepards Crook

Dinzag Flat Trunnion Bullet Guide

Krebs Rail Over Receiver

Eotech 552 Holographic Weapon Sight

YHM Eotech Riser

Eotech FTS 3X Magnifier

CAA Galil Pistol Grip

Tapco Pistol Grip Screw and Bushing

Tapco T6 Collapsible Stock

Tapco T6 Buttpad

Cherokee M4 Cheek Riser

(6) Mags - East German Steel Weiger 30rnds

CAA Mag Coupler

post-16572-1238295751_thumb.jpg

post-16572-1238295772_thumb.jpg

post-16572-1238295788_thumb.jpg

post-16572-1238295809_thumb.jpg

post-16572-1238295823_thumb.jpg

post-16572-1238295845_thumb.jpg

post-16572-1238295860_thumb.jpg

post-16572-1238295879_thumb.jpg

post-16572-1238295892_thumb.jpg

post-16572-1238504713_thumb.jpg

Edited by gothchick

Thanks TR. She's been coming along slowly. I'm doing a threaded compensator next with an indexing pin installed in the FSB, and getting a bayonet lug welded on to go with the soviet bayonet I just scored. This is turning into an expensive hobbie, but very fun. Lol.

I recently broke the forward rail mount by over-torquing it, and Krebs sent me a replacement rail mount for no charge! I got it like in 3 days. Those guys are the BEST!! :-)

Edited by gothchick

Gothchick is on a roll. Two Saigas in the span of a week? And you've got some heavy metal on the .223. I would recommend swapping your magazines so that they are both "rounds up." It makes for faster reloads and you won't lose any rounds when you are taking cover and low-crawling across No Man's Land. I stagger mine so the one on the right sits two inches or so lower than the one on the left so you can still work the action without busting your knuckles. YMMV. I'll shut up and go work on getting up the nerve to do my own conversions.

^^^ +1

Yeah, I agree. But the CAA Mag couplers hold the mags too close to each other to mount both mags facing up. They won't clear my selector lever or side mount rail if I do... So I have a few rubber Mag Dust Caps on the way to keep the bad stuff out of the bottom facing mags. :-)

Edited by gothchick

I had forgotten about it, but I had the same issue with a 7.62x39 CAA mag coupler. I like to put a 20 rounder on the right and mount the baseplate flush with a 30 rounder on the left. It allows you a lower-profile magazine and an easier reload because the 30 is so much taller. The problem is that the scope rail interferes. That's why I use that mag coupler with my Norinco and Maadi, which have no rail.

Gun pr0n! Yummie. lol.

Just finished converting my .223/5.56~ Pretty fun stuff.

The build list:

Converted to Standard AK47 Fire Control Group w/ BHO (SemiAuto Only)

Bolt Carrier- All contact surfaces polished

Bolt - All contact surfaces polished

Reciever Rails - All contact surfaces polished

Fire Control Group - All contact surfaces polished

Trijicon Tritium Front Sight

4 Port Gas Tube

UltiMak Tri Rail Fore End

Falcon Rail Guards x3

Surefire M951 Tactical Light

Surefire LED Upgrade

GG&S Front Sling Adaptor

Blackhawk Tactical Sling

Tapco/ Tromix G2 Single Hook Fire Control Group

Tromix Shepards Crook

Dinzag Flat Trunnion Bullet Guide

Krebs Rail Over Receiver

Eotech 552 Holographic Weapon Sight

YHM Eotech Riser

Eotech FTS 3X Magnifier

CAA Galil Pistol Grip

Tapco Pistol Grip Screw and Bushing

Tapco T6 Collapsible Stock

Tapco T6 Buttpad

Cherokee M4 Cheek Riser

(6) Mags - East German Steel Weiger 30rnds

CAA Mag Coupler

SWEET JESUS! You have more accessories on that AK than most AR-15 owners do on TWO AR's! It's got to weigh somewhere above ten pounds! Has it improved accuracy or handiness at all?

Well I said to myself that my .223 would stay Factory ( don't know why i would want it like that ) but I tore down my .410 to build back as a bullpup. So I'm sitting here looking at the forum and start thinking about that poor furniture set and FCG just sitting in my safe not being used. OK lets convert this thing then I realize my drill and dremel are in my work truck which is at the shop overnight. I had to use a file for the rivets and a bench grinder to remove the trigger guard from the plate.

Before

IMG00285.jpg

After.

7.62 Left / .223 right

CIMG1561.jpg

Edited by Superhawk138

Saiga .223, Tapco T-6 collapsible stock fixed in one position(thanks NYS), Galil hand guard, Tapco trigger group, Saw grip, MSA AR-15 magazine adapter, cheap rubber armored scope by NcStar.

post-15026-1238984198_thumb.jpg

post-15026-1238984220_thumb.jpg

post-15026-1238984238_thumb.jpg

post-15026-1238984269_thumb.jpg

post-15026-1238984279_thumb.jpg

post-15026-1238984294_thumb.jpg

Edited by RalphXL
Saiga .223, Tapco T-6 collapsible stock fixed in one position(thanks NYS), Galil hand guard, Tapco trigger group, Saw grip, MSA AR-15 magazine adapter, cheap rubber armored scope by NcStar.

Very nice build. How do you like the AR Mag adaptor? Did you have to modify the mag well much? I was thinking of getting an adaptor...

Edited by gothchick