Did anyone get any good Black Friday deals??

Got a couple $45 ar15 lowers. Was looking at the DPMS Panther Claw, but it never went to $35 shipped.

This was THE year for AR15 deals. No good Mosin deals, few good AK deals, but the AR deals were amazing. You could have built a complete AR for $370, added FF barrels and other options for about $450. Sick.

Edited by mostholycerebus

PSA has blem lowers for $49 and the same lower with Ptac LPK's for $79.  It will only save me 10-15 bucks, but I'm waiting for my LGS to get an order of lowers in or I'd pick up a couple of the PSA's.  Gotta support the local guy when I can.

Plus, I picked up a new, out of box, 18x Vortex scope from the mgr. of said LGS to sit on the 308.  The wife didn't complain, but is starting to look at me a little funny so I figured any savings I would get on a lower today would be paid for with lack of sex, haha...

• Like 1

PSA has blem lowers for $49 and the same lower with Ptac LPK's for $79.  It will only save me 10-15 bucks, but I'm waiting for my LGS to get an order of lowers in or I'd pick up a couple of the PSA's.  Gotta support the local guy when I can.

Plus, I picked up a new, out of box, 18x Vortex scope from the mgr. of said LGS to sit on the 308.  The wife didn't complain, but is starting to look at me a little funny so I figured any savings I would get on a lower today would be paid for with lack of sex, haha...

Smart man. Gotta keep the woman happy!

Got a couple $45 ar15 lowers. Was looking at the DPMS Panther Claw, but it never went to $35 shipped.

This was THE year for AR15 deals. No good Mosin deals, few good AK deals, but the AR deals were amazing. You could have built a complete AR for $370, added FF barrels and other options for about $450. Sick.

classic had mosins for $89and ammo for it for $89 (440 rds)

Where are you getting everything for an ar for 370?

Barreled upper $190, BCG + Charging handle $90, complete lower $100. You're right, it was $380 plus shipping, sorry. PSA plus JoeBobs New Frontier lower.

Personally, I would have built an upper with their $40 upper, $6 dustcover, $7 FA and grabbed a melonite barrel at AIM for $99, slapped on a $50 adjustable gas block, $10 melonite gas tube, and $100 FF rail. That would be a $312 upper, plus $90 for BCG and CH, but quite a bit of an upgrade.

Someone is going to do a decent lightweight railed FF handguard for about $50-$75 and OWN the market.

You'll have to let us know the new frontier poly lower holds up. I've seen em but never hear from anyone that has one.

I have one with maybe 500 rounds through it on my current lightweight build. Its no prom queen, but I really like it. Handles amazing with a lightweight barrel. Its a crappy looking lower with a blem upper with a blem BCG with a beat up used handguard. So, of course its actually my favorite, because I have ZERO concern with knocking it around and scratching it up. Plus, with the Rainier brake it sounds like a naval cannon. I mean louder than my AMD65.

Lanbos has them for $30 if you wanna try one. The mag release hole on the left side often needs a little filing. Other than that, GTG.

Omni has a new polymer lower with zinc inserts at the buffer tube threads and take down pin hole. The msrp for it is 50 bucks. Once they make it to market and get some feedback I want to get one for a sub 4 pound rifle as cheap as possible. Ill get a carbine gas barrel and cut it to 14.5 maybe shorter and pin a flash hider. Then ill turn tge barrel as small as possible and use a carbon handguard tube with a dpms low pro upper. Either polymer sights or a simple home made peep sight solution. Also if it turns out good I may get a micro red dot either aimpoint or tge RMR.

Omni has a new polymer lower with zinc inserts at the buffer tube threads and take down pin hole. The msrp for it is 50 bucks.

Now THAT sounds interesting. There is also a company making (IIRC) solid magnesium lowers, which are supposedly lighter than aluminum, but they are more expensive. If these do well, I may trade of half my New Frontiers for ATI Omni Hybrids. Though, im using the ACE stocks with my polymer lower, and the plate reinforces the whole area nicely.

Once they make it to market and get some feedback I want to get one for a sub 4 pound rifle as cheap as possible. Ill get a carbine gas barrel and cut it to 14.5 maybe shorter and pin a flash hider. Then ill turn tge barrel as small as possible and use a carbon handguard tube with a dpms low pro upper. Either polymer sights or a simple home made peep sight solution. Also if it turns out good I may get a micro red dot either aimpoint or tge RMR.

BTW, the DPMS lo-pro upper is heavier than a standard upper. It looks lighter, but its made from extruded 7031 aluminum, so it actually has thicker walls to compensate for the weaker material. In fact, some people are using them for heavy-barrel target builds, because the thickness adds rigidity. What you want is a 9mm upper, which is identical to the standard but no deflect or FA. You have to get the gas tube hole drilled out though.

Consider a 300 blackout build. They use 308 muzzle devices, which are longer than 556, which cuts more weight. The FSC30 is the lightest I can find.

The new Midwest Industries FF keymod rail is only 7.7oz for a 10.5" railed handguard. Thats only a little heavier than the carbon handguards.