Packing up everything that will fit in a 16' Pods and my Suburban and Comanche.  I have bin in this house for 20 years, and one man should never be allowed to accumulate THIS MUCH SHIT!!!!!

Come hell or high water, I leave for Texas on Sept.11!!

• Like 10

Packing up everything that will fit in a 16' Pods and my Suburban and Comanche.  I have bin in this house for 20 years, and one man should never be allowed to accumulate THIS MUCH SHIT!!!!!

Just means you been living good brother.

• Like 2

smile.png There is good SHIT and there is bad SHIT. All of us have some SHIT. Some of us have more SHIT than others! I have very little SHIT. Had to downsize twice now due to on-going health and old age issues. NO SHIT!

How about you just hire an auctioneer to come and look at all of your good SHIT? You might be surprised that lots of other old coots would like to $bid$ on your SHIT. It might just $pay$ for the move? HB of CJ (old full-of-shit no shit coot) smile.png

Remember the military? All we wanted to own would fit into one duffle or footlocker? Wow!!

Brother I can So relate. I am very fortunate the last time I had to move (key word there LAST) was only about 30 - 40 yds uphill to a nicer house LOL! Damn hurricane killed the other one and now it's just a storage barn on the adjoining property.  Good luck with the move to TX and enjoy the freedom, beautiful women, and the beautiful women... of wait I already said that... Oh did I mention the hotties?   :-D

For 20 years I basically lived out of what could be loaded into two duffel bags. If too much stuff accumulated what I didn't care about was left behind.

And now, oy vey! I couldn't put all this stuff in two 45' trailers!

Welcome to Texas GOB!

When we moved into this house 25 years ago, I moved everything in 4 pickup truck loads.

Now I could load a 53 footer plus some, dont get me started about shit, stuff or what ever yall call it.

Congrats on getting down the road G O B, if yall come through middle TN, give a holler.

Coffee on me.

We moved out of a 16x80 MH 9 years ago, AND I STILL have boxes of SHIT stacked up in the basement. EVERY time I say something to the wife about clearing out this shit, she says "we might need it" or "we'll get to it later". I've started slipping it out the back door a little at a time and taking it to the dump, if it's papers or stuff, I put it in the barrel, burn it and just tell her it old loading stuff that I don't need.

I'm going to get that basement cleaned out and use the back 1/2 for my man cave/den, it's underground, the block walls are concrete filled and in a storm, is the best place to be, but the SHIT has got to go.

I got to thinking when we moved in, HOW IN THE HELL DID WE HAVE ALL THIS SHIT IN THAT MOBILE HOME, and we left some of the furniture in it when we sold it, but some of it is the things that I had brought back here from when I did international work, so I'm to blame too.

Welcome to TX as well.  I moved a lot during college and it always amazed me how much shit I could collect in a year.  I've been at my house for 8 years now and dread the day I gotta pack this bitch up.  What part of TX are you moving to?  

North west Hays Co. just west of Austin in the hill country

If you're determined, you'll be surprised just how much shit you can get into a 16' PODS!

I do believe one can get 30' of shit into a 16' box.

031.gif

In the Navy we called that a blivet - 10 # of shit in a 5# sack

When we moved into this house 25 years ago, I moved everything in 4 pickup truck loads.

Now I could load a 53 footer plus some, dont get me started about shit, stuff or what ever yall call it.

Congrats on getting down the road G O B, if yall come through middle TN, give a holler.

Coffee on me.

I'll be coming thru Tennessee, but at 70 mph!

The only 'taint' I have is the part between the balls and the brown star!

Carried 1200# of scrap steel to the recycle yard the other day, made $61. Sold a BUNCH of old plumbing tools. I have a couple people interested in the Chev 350, and the 331 HEMI. A couple more that want the wood lathes and the radial arm saw, I may also sell some ammo. The old saying- "Buy it cheap and stack it deep" well moving the "stack" is a pain in the ASS! The ammo has to go with me in the K2500 Suburban, and I want to keep the weight down to 1500# or so.

Still have a huge pile of antique carpenter tools to sort out and masonry tools and picks and shovels and instruments of destruction - AND the acre of grass needs mowing and trimming, it is hard to work around the pink and white Jeeps when they are holding safaris in the yard! (AND the DAMN leaves are falling!)

Edited by G O B

The only 'taint' I have is the part between the balls and the brown star!

Carried 1200# of scrap steel to the recycle yard the other day, made $61. Sold a BUNCH of old plumbing tools. I have a couple people interested in the Chev 350, and the 331 HEMI. A couple more that want the wood lathes and the radial arm saw, I may also sell some ammo. The old saying- "Buy it cheap and stack it deep" well moving the "stack" is a pain in the ASS! The ammo has to go with me in the K2500 Suburban, and I want to keep the weight down to 1500# or so.

Still have a huge pile of antique carpenter tools to sort out and masonry tools and picks and shovels and instruments of destruction - AND the acre of grass needs mowing and trimming, it is hard to work around the pink and white Jeeps when they are holding safaris in the yard! (AND the DAMN leaves are falling!)

You better quit fuken around, 9/11 is just around the corner  rolleyes.gif

Before you commit to selling things off you might rather keep, I've heard really good things about Fastenal's shipping service. They will move large and heavy pallets of stuff for dirt cheap. Guys are moving 800lb tractors across the country for like $250. Not sure if they would move ammo or not, but tools and engines would certainly be no problem.

Apparently you just have to drop your stuff off at the store, put it on a pallet they provide, and pick it up at the store you want it to show up at.

Sold some ammo (the 30-06 and the 7.2 was stacked a little TOO deep! Also sold the Brother in Law the engine hoist and one of the engine stands,the grinder stand and a '54 Chrysler out board. Son in Law has taken a truckload and will be back tomorrow. May have the '54 Hemi and the 350 Chev. sold. Stuff is thinning out!

STILL have too much shit!

• 3 weeks later...