check this out....poor man's Storm!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn that kicks ass I will be buying one of those for my high point. So much better than the ugly ass factory stock. :super::super::super::super:

It looks remarkably like the Beretta Storm I own. If they price it at $80 or so they could sell alot of those. Even at $100 plus $160 for the 9mm Hi-Point it is half the price of the Beretta. Still the Beretta is precision made and very accurate which is not the case of my Hi-Point which is more of a lead thrower.......but still alot of fun to shoot cans, milk jugs and the like.

And Stokstad, cool avatar. Too funnt!!!

Wolverine

Damn that kicks ass I will be buying one of those for my high point. So much better than the ugly ass factory stock. :super::super::super::super:

It looks remarkably like the Beretta Storm I own. If they price it at $80 or so they could sell alot of those. Even at $100 plus $160 for the 9mm Hi-Point it is half the price of the Beretta. Still the Beretta is precision made and very accurate which is not the case of my Hi-Point which is more of a lead thrower.......but still alot of fun to shoot cans, milk jugs and the like.

And Stokstad, cool avatar. Too funnt!!!

Wolverine

Thanks wolverine. I only paid $139 for my highpoint at dunhams after thanksgiving sale. Ive only had a chance to shoot it a couple times but its seems pretty accurate for a cheapo 9mm. That stock does look a lot like a Storm but thats whats cool about it. I couldnt afford one of them fancy smancy italian guns so this will be the next best thing.

Wow it's about time somebody made something to improve those fugly things. I may just have to get one now to share ammo with my Glock. A friend of mine bought a Highpoint back when they first came out and we were pretty impressed with the accuracy right out of the box. I never could get past the looks though, like it had been run over by a truck or something.

Am I the only one here that likes the factory stock? :wub:

Well they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I own one and can say that while it didnt keep me from buying one they are some ugly bastards. but if you can get past the looks they are fun to play with(like some ugly girls :lolol: ). So a little plastic surgery for the ugly ducklings is a great thing at least for me :super:

I just can't wait for those stocks to come out I bet they will sell like hotcakes.

Just look at the difference side to side:

Roughly $150 + $70 = $220 for a High Point Storm hehe It rocks

post-1262-1140834506_thumb.jpg

post-1262-1140834517.gif

If anyting at least the quality will most likely be ten times better

then compare it to this $600-700 rifle:

post-1262-1140834739_thumb.jpg

Edited by stokstad

I am ALREADY searching for the BEST PRICE on a hi-point carbine!!! JUST BECAUSE that new stock looks TOTALLY badass... ( Yeah... I am a BIG FAN of the looks of the STORM... so... )

DAMNIT... now I will be spending MORE MONEY ... and have another flavor of ammo to hoard.... WOOOWOO!!! :up::lol::up:

:smoke:

I am ALREADY searching for the BEST PRICE on a hi-point carbine!!! JUST BECAUSE that new stock looks TOTALLY badass... ( Yeah... I am a BIG FAN of the looks of the STORM... so... )

DAMNIT... now I will be spending MORE MONEY ... and have another flavor of ammo to hoard.... WOOOWOO!!! :up::lol::up:

If you have a dunhams near you I would start there they always seem to have the best prices on those. I bought mine for $139 on sale. My local dunhams just ha them on sale for $149 recently. I think they usually go for 159 or 69 normal price at dunhams.

Well they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Correction: Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder, and there'd have to be a lot of alcohol involved for me to think either of those looked good.

(What can I say? I'm a curmudgeon at 22 :smoke: )

Damn are we gonna have to start a new "faux Storm' section? LOL

Wolvie will just come on their and dominate the photo thread with the real deal!

I know I'm also going to get back up with that friend of mine and see if he's ready to get rid of that fugly old thing yet.

What about iron sights?

Grau Tek where you at man? You must be hatin' this shit!

Damn are we gonna have to start a new "faux Storm' section? LOL

Wolvie will just come on their and dominate the photo thread with the real deal!

I know I'm also going to get back up with that friend of mine and see if he's ready to get rid of that fugly old thing yet.

What about iron sights?

Grau Tek where you at man? You must be hatin' this shit!

The HiPoint comes with two sets of rear sites: One is a rail for a red dot or scope and the other is an adjustable iron site. Both are screwed in so you makes your choices so to speak. The front site is affixed with a couple of set screws in the bottom. That means it can be removed from the "ugly" HiPoint" barrel and reinstalled on the new "faux Storm" barrel after switching the furniture. The sites are not bad at all.

I'm not knocking the Hi-Point, it's just the Beretta can be easlily converted for a lefty (like me) and spit the casings out the opposite side. Likewise the charging handle can be reversed or one put on each side of the carbine. The mag release and safety can be changed too but that normally takes a smiths assistance. The sites flip down allowing close range, long range or wide open for a red dot or scope assuming the optional top rail. The Beretta is pretty expensive once you by the gun, the optional rails and sling and some extra mags. The Hi-point is a low cost way to shoot some 9mm or .40 cal S&W. Rock on.

Wolvie

Damn! Im with ya on this one man. Ditto. :wub:

shit! i need to get me another!

everybody knocks the hi point b/c of the price point, but my first one i had kicked fucking ass.

it was ultra accurate with an electronic sight. and never had a single misfire/jam.

and i'll be the first to admit it (this is the second time on this site) that the hi point i had stomped a mudhole in my keltec's ass!

i'd love to see an unbiased shootout between all the pistol caliber carbines to see if the "overpriced" "namebrand" rifles are really all that they say they are.

b/c after all, "you are just paying for the name!!!!"

once again, the croatian HS2000. used to be had for about $200. springfields sorry asses stamped their name on em and doubled the fuckin price, those sorry sacks of shit!

ok........my ranting is over.........for now. :devil:

• 1 month later...

I got the Centerfire catalog and it's listed there. Centerfire and ATI are sister companies, they are both in the same building in Versailles, Kentucky. I went there last summer to get a parts kit. Centerfire will sell over the counter but ATI is only mail order.

This makes the Hi Point look a lot better, maybe they'll make an AR style stock with adjustable pull for it or a folder. I need one of those so the neighbors don't see what I have.

Edited by uzitiger
Centerfire systems JUST LISTED IT on the FRONT COVER of their catalogue... got it in the mail TODAY...

$69.95

Seems to be a decent deal to me!

I found a web page that listed them for $57 I believe but I don't remember which on it was.

LOL!!!

Well, a LOT of good that does us all... FIND THAT WEBSITE Stokstad!!!! then post up the link!!!! :up::lol:

I placed my order tonight. It says they are out of stock. I have no idea when they are coming in. Maybe the confirmation email will say. The total with shipping was $64.11

http://www.islandtactical.com/index.asp?Pa...OD&ProdID=95172

Edited by stokstad