Jack Daniels is always a favorite! I'd like to try Gentleman Jack and Jack Daniels Single Barrel but $30-$35 a bottle seems kinda high for me.

Knob Creek and Rebel yell are the next on my "to-try" list lol.

Eric

Glenfiddich/Glenlivet for the single-malt, and Pinch for the blend............. Oh yes....!

Scotch drinker, eh? I havent ventured that far yet, but have heard that single malts are head and shoulders above blends. Once I try a few more bourbon whiskey types, I'll head for the scotch whiskey section.

Eric

Glenfiddich/Glenlivet for the single-malt, and Pinch for the blend............. Oh yes....!

Scotch drinker, eh? I havent ventured that far yet, but have heard that single malts are head and shoulders above blends. Once I try a few more bourbon whiskey types, I'll head for the scotch whiskey section.

Eric

........picked up the nasty habit in the Navy while ported in Scotland...........It was the cheapest available for a poor sailor.......Sort of an acquired taste, like Scottish women......... heh, heh, heh...........

Wow, lots of good choices. Now heres another questions, whats the most important thing about your fav whiskey, initial taste, the finish, price, proof, etc?

Eric

square bottle is easier to grip while intoxicated....not that i would ever get to that point

My stock, in order of preferrence...

SCOTCH:

Balvenie 10yr (great first scotch, if you're new to them)

Balvenie 12yr Double Wood

McCallan's Cask Strength

Glenmorangie Portwood

IRISH

Redbreast

Bushmills Single Malt

Tulamore Dew

Bushmills or Jameson for everyday drinking (and I mean every day!!!!)

AMERICAN

Bookers

Maker's Mark

CANADIAN

Ha! You're kidding, right?

CANADIAN

Ha! You're kidding, right?

Amen to that! I cannot stand Black Velvet.

I really didnt think I'd get this many replies to this topic. Seems alot more of us will be resorting to drinks this Jan. to cope with the Dems taking over.

No Jim Beam drinkers huh? To me it tastes the same as Jack Daniels.

Ok guys, how about this. Do you prefer drinking it at room temp or over ice?

Eric

Edited by emr454

I'm pretty lucky in Florida as compared to some states... they allow me to drink for about 40% less than Alabama.

Scotch

- The Balvenie 12yr (double wood) $40... I like this as much any scotch up to $100

- Auchentoshan $21... I can drink a tall glass of this with ice, and the price is great for mixing too.

Whisky

- Knob Creek

- Makers Mark

- Bookers... when I want to feel the 126 proof

On a different note.... for those of you who like Rums

- Ron Zacapa 23yr $40... drinks like scotch.. smooth straight up... with a great finish

Canadian-- YUKON JACK. The black sheep of Canadian liquors. Blended Canadian wiskey LIQUOR!

Make Southern Comfort seem rough! A flask of Yukon Jack will warm your bones on the coldest nastiest winter day. I have stacked many an elevator rail in an open hoistway in January or February that wouldn't have gotten stacked without a glow from Yukon Jack!

When I'm in the mood for bourbon, Jim Beam Black is my favorite.

However, I usually prefer scotch. Glenlivet gets a slight nod over Glenfiddich for me, though the Glenfiddich is a few dollars more.

I've had better, but I'm not one to spend much on a bottle of booze.