VIDEO!!! Saiga-12 Magwell, Bolt Release, LRBHO, Extended M

I've been wanting to put a video on for a while and I finally shot one today. Hope you like it!!! I have to go answer emails before I'll be able to respond to any posts.

I have this posted in my Business Section also. You can reply there http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=20191

Mmmmmm!! Me likey, me likey a lot!! Any idea as to a release date?

Saiga-12 3 second mag changes are almost sexier than the Tromix calendar girl...

Glad you guys like the video. I came up with around 3 seconds as well. I think I could do it faster with a little practice. For one I was getting my spare mag out of my back pocket instead of a rig in the front (had to reach farther). Also I was a little slow coming off the handguard. I should have been halfway to my mag (or on my mag if it was up front) by the time I released the spent mag. I am guessing that some people will be doing the change in around 1 second ( especially with 2 mags clamped together)!!!! I hope to have the magwells and bolt releases out soon. Can't really say "when" right now though.

Nice new video Mike, but how is this stuff going to fit together. Are we going to need a PHD in saiga's like you to put these pieces on?

If you can do a conversion you can more than handle any of the mods. The magwell and bolt release are both super simple!! :super:

Nice new video Mike, but how is this stuff going to fit together. Are we going to need a PHD in saiga's like you to put these pieces on?

If you can do a conversion you can more than handle any of the mods. The magwell and bolt release are both super simple!! :super:

It's a fastball .. batter tee's off .. that ball is hit a ton!

back, back, back, back.... folks that homerun as left the ballbark!!!!!!

That's the real deal right there. With that, an accomplished competitor could easily run 5 round mags and keep up in a lot of stages (ultrafast reloads, reloads while moving, etc).

Congrats. Honestly, I could see myself using stick mags even when drums are allowed depending on the COF setup ....

WTG

It's a fastball .. batter tee's off .. that ball is hit a ton!

back, back, back, back.... folks that homerun as left the ballbark!!!!!!

That's the real deal right there. With that, an accomplished competitor could easily run 5 round mags and keep up in a lot of stages (ultrafast reloads, reloads while moving, etc).

Congrats. Honestly, I could see myself using stick mags even when drums are allowed depending on the COF setup ....

WTG

Thanks K!!!! I was waiting for you to see it. Are you warming up to the bolt release any? I don't do comp shooting but why do most people not use lrbho's? Is it because they are in a bad place to drop the bolt? It is still easy to insert the saiga-12 mag on a closed bolt but it is a hell of a lot easier to insert on an open bolt even with the magwell. I have the release located in a great place as well. My feelings won't be hurt if comp guys don't want to use the bolt release. I'm just trying to better understand what you guys don't like about the bolt locking back. I do understand that it takes away a motion on some guns not to empty the chamber. But I think that the extra time and force to put the saiga mag in on a closed bolt will be more troublesome, time consuming, and prone to failure than using the release to drop the bolt. Looking forward to your comp shooting experience advice.

Mike,

I installed the Jeric LRBHO on my Saiga-12 a couple months ago after buying it from you on Ebay. It needed a little tweaking and once I figured it out it worked flawlessly. It's one of those additions that I consider, truly makes the Saiga a competitive shotgun in 3-gun. I don't count rounds anymore in order to make a mag change and there is no more "click" instead of "bang" when I did lose count. And yes, loading with the bolt back is much easier than fighting a fully loaded mag against the closed bolt or the finger gymnastics trying to hold the bolt open and insert magazine at the same time.

As with your drum mag, I eagerly await your new products. Oh, one question, will your drum mag work with the mag well?

Are you going to be installing these choice goodies(magwell,extended release etc) for people who dont have a shop or the tools to do the conversion??

If not please let me know someone who could and if you are please put my name on your list!

Mike it looks fantastic REALLY DOES

Ken Forman

Wow, I'm in the middle or a S12 conversion ATM and I would absolutely love to have the mag well and LRBHO.

Those would go great with the gun I'm building. I just got a Mesa tactical recoil reducing stock with an Ace receiver block and plan on getting a Halo quad rail, muzzle has the factory flash hider and FSB. This conversion will be the ultimate Saiga when its done!

That is the trouble with this site, it is cutting edge. About the time you think you have all your ducks lined up for a conversion along comes Mike with something you can't live without. If you were to wait 6 months for each new item to be introduced you might never get your gun converted. Thankfully these items can be retrofitted to your gun after conversion. Personally, I enjoy this because it keeps the gun new and fresh to me. :)

Thats awesome Mike!! :super:

You said once that the drum compatible magwell would be after the stick one. Will there be any huge difference in the magwell? or have any negative effect ie slow down, affect bolt release, on mag use?

Honestly, I am more focused on the magwell, lrbho, bolt release set up than the drum. The drum is for fun. The mag quick changes is for competition or for saving my ass.

Mike- For competition both the magwell and the LRBHO would be a great addition. The reloads looked great on the video. I'd prefer to reload when needed and not wait around for a click. If I miss count in the middle of a stage, having the bolt lock open would be a big help. Please keep us posted. I'm in for both.

That is the trouble with this site, it is cutting edge. About the time you think you have all your ducks lined up for a conversion along comes Mike with something you can't live without. If you were to wait 6 months for each new item to be introduced you might never get your gun converted. Thankfully these items can be retrofitted to your gun after conversion. Personally, I enjoy this because it keeps the gun new and fresh to me. :)

+1 and a big "Amen!" to that!!!!

Previewing all these much needed S-12 modifications and developing improvements reminds me of many years back, when I was attending college (I'm referring to the early '80s now). Most everyone living in the dorms were hell-bent-for-leather to buy the "latest and greatest" high-speed-low-drag audio stereo component. Like, as soon as you dropped your precious $$$ on what at that moment was the greatest Nakamichi cassette player on the market, friggen some other audio manufacturer released an even better product with fancier bells 'n whistles four months later. Friggen drove me NUTS! (Thank God I couldn't afford to "keep up with the Jones'.")

The above experience brings me back to my current Saiga-12 predicament. I don't own one (yet); I opted for a S-20 (to my bitter dismay.... now knowing better). Hugely believing in Mike D's drum product, I placed an order for one with him (and I don't regret it for a nano-second..... BUT).... now I hear from Mike D. that he intends to "tweak" his drum design to make it better compatable with his magwells and this LRBHO, albiet his first run of drums will reportedly be able to be retrofitted.

THAT KIND OF SHIT DRIVES ME BONKERS! Know what I mean???? (No malice directed at you Mike D.) I chalk it up as all being the nature of the beast, is it not?

Ergo, my current mindset is NOT to drool too much over these incredible and stellar mod improvements and to do my best to sit back..... and wait. Wait for six months or so, until Mike D. is all brain-stormed out! :lolol: .... :lolol: .... :super:

During the interim of this.... I just simply need to secure myself the least expensive stock S-12 I can lay my hands on, before they too become dinasaurs or import restricted or whateverthehell that prevents the average consumer from procuring one.

Capiche?

Then, once Mikey is done being a creative scientist I can send my assessory purchases from him with my S-12 that's been safely tucked-away, to TROMIX and have my Frankenstein "Superlative S-12" gunsmithed by the American Saiga God himself! (.... okay, so that was too much schlob-gobblin in Tony's direction.... my apologies to everyone reading).

:super: .... :super: .... :super: .... :super:

Such are my plans anyway.

Mike,

I installed the Jeric LRBHO on my Saiga-12 a couple months ago after buying it from you on Ebay. It needed a little tweaking and once I figured it out it worked flawlessly. It's one of those additions that I consider, truly makes the Saiga a competitive shotgun in 3-gun. I don't count rounds anymore in order to make a mag change and there is no more "click" instead of "bang" when I did lose count. And yes, loading with the bolt back is much easier than fighting a fully loaded mag against the closed bolt or the finger gymnastics trying to hold the bolt open and insert magazine at the same time.

As with your drum mag, I eagerly await your new products. Oh, one question, will your drum mag work with the mag well?

I my opinion you can't beat the bolt staying back on the last round!

Are you going to be installing these choice goodies(magwell,extended release etc) for people who dont have a shop or the tools to do the conversion??

If not please let me know someone who could and if you are please put my name on your list!

Mike it looks fantastic REALLY DOES

Ken Forman

It would be a lot of fun to do conversions in my spare time once things level off. Right now I just don't have the time, ffl, set up.... to even consider it. But anybody that can do a conversion can easily install these parts.

Thats awesome Mike!! :super:

You said once that the drum compatible magwell would be after the stick one. Will there be any huge difference in the magwell? or have any negative effect ie slow down, affect bolt release, on mag use?

Honestly, I am more focused on the magwell, lrbho, bolt release set up than the drum. The drum is for fun. The mag quick changes is for competition or for saving my ass.

I will probably be able to release them at the same time but if one is first it will be the stick only. There is just more to the version for both. I don't think the version for both has any disadvantages for speed. And it will not effect any of the other features either.