Talking saiga with Wally world employee - turned A-hole

Ok....so i'm out at my local Wally world getting some 308 shells for my new s-308....naturally they take 10 mins to find someone with a key to the ammo cabinet.....so i'm talking to the kid waiting for the key to arrive -

Him: what ammo you need?

Me: 308

Him: Going hunting?

Me: Hunting season ended last week.

Him: oh...i don't know i've never hunted....

Him: so what you gun you have

Me: Saiga

Him: Whats that?

Me: Russian rifle built on the AK platform

Him: oh you mean an SKS

Me: no Kalishnikov

Him: you got an AK-47?

Me: no, it is built on the AK platform but it is a sporting rifle, no pistol grip etc.

Him: oh, ya know those AK's are really inaccurate, the barrel just bounces all over.

Me: Depends on the quality of the gun.

Him: well you know those AK's are only $100, and you can make them full auto with just a minor adjustment.

Me: well, the lowest priced AK i know of is about $300, and it is not so simple to make them full auto, and it aint legal either....

Him: Well my buddy has one he made full auto

Me: well he best be damn careful since it is a felony to have one without a class III license.

Him: oh really, see i don't know, maybe his isn't full auto

Me: lets hope not

Him: Well i'm gonna be a cop, and i'm all for people having guns but i don't know why people need M-60's in the basement, what do the need to do.... cut a car in half?

Me: Well....very few have anything like that, you have to have a license to legally own those things.

Him: Well gangs just convert AKs and and mac-10s all the time it's easy to convert any semi auto.

Me: not that easy, takes knowledge and some skill

Him: Well you just file down a part here and there....

Me: sure you can try to do that but then then you can get uncontrolled fire because the the parts don't catch - you could very easily fire off the mag just racking the action.

Him: oh yeah....i see, thats not safe

Me: not safe, not legal, not a good idea

KEY ARRIVES - he opens the case hands me a box of shells

Me: actually want 5 boxes (total of 100 rds)....

Him (giving me the eye): what do you need 5 boxes of shells for? (dude suddenly thinks he's friggin Kojack!)

Me: i just bought the gun, I'd like to get it sighted in and have a few shells left over.

Him: oh yeah i supposes thats ok....

Little pissant was suddenly all like "pay for your ammo and go"...made me pay in the automotive section!?!?! WTF?

What the hell?...the sell shotgun shells in boxes of 100.....why is 100 rounds of 308 so damn troubling?

Guy would probably shit his pants if he saw my ammo cabinet......

Walmart.....good prices, shitty service....... STUPID employees....

no offense to any wally workers here

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate when i go there and buy .410 slugs sometimes they have 3" and i get them but they always have 2.5" slugs but i didn't have the 2.5" mag yet. They cannot understand when i tell them my mag only holds 3" shells then I find myself trying to explain to them what a Saiga 410 is.

Before I got my Saiga, I told me cousin I was interested in getting an AK, he then told me I need a license to own one. I said "I'm not talking about a full-auto AK", he said "So? You still need a license" :rolleyes: . Then, when I got it, he asked if he could shoot it, I told him, "Lemme see your license, and maybe you can let of a few rounds". :D

Me: no Kalishnikov

Kalashnikov. Not trying to be a dick, I'm just anal about spelling :) .

Me: i just bought the gun, I'd like to get it sighted in and have a few shells left over.

Him: oh yeah i supposes thats ok....

HA, like you need a reason to buy ammo, and he has the right to question you :rolleyes: . Whuddadick.

Edited by 22_Shooter

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...&hl=dunhams

Its not just Wal-mart that breeds idiots

that being said I try to buy at local shops as much as a I can...just so I don't get hassled. That is getting harder and harder for me to do because of all the price jumps. That being said the last time I bought x39 in bulk the owner looked at me and said

Owner: " you're only buying one? I know you've bought a couple drums, you need more ammo to fill them"

Me: "loaded drums don't do me any good if I have to live in a cardboard box"

When I'm in the presence of someone like that I play dumb.

I like playing dumb too. The idiot will think he is the authority on the subject and spout all kinds of stupidity. After listening for a while just for entertainment, I will then break it down to him and share what an idiot he is so we both know before I leave. If I was asked why I wanted 5 boxes my answer would have simply been because I didn't have the money for 6 boxes. This bonehead did not rate an explanation.

I am a Police Officer and I have been called to Wal-mart because some guy came in and bought 1000 rounds of 308 and a case of 12 gauge. I tried to explain that this was the beginning of hunting season and some hunters like to stock up on ammunition at the beginning of the season so they don't have to keep making trips to Wal-mart. I also pointed out that the 308 ammunition that the guy bought was marked down and priced really cheap. It did not seem to matter to the employee, he was still suspicious as to why anyine needed that much ammunition.

If you think they get upset when you tell them you own an AK, try telling them you have 6 of them.

There are so many uneducated people out there that are just plain gun stupid and believe everything they see on TV and heard from a friend that havs a cousin that knows a guy who did whatever suports there argument. Unfortunatley, these seem to be the type of people that are trying to make laws about a subject they know nothing about.

You guys should have seen some of the looks I was getting at Walmart when I was buying test ammo. I was getting between 1200 to 2000 rds a couple times a week. Nobody ever said anything or tried to stop me (probably a good thing for them, I would have tried to be nice about it first but promise I was leaving with all I wanted :haha: ). I'm planning on buy around 10000rd in one shot soon (if they have that much). I will have to take some people with me to help. You should have seen and felt the strain 2000rds puts on a shopping cart :lolol::super: .

Before I got my Saiga, I told me cousin I was interested in getting an AK, he then told me I need a license to own one. I said "I'm not talking about a full-auto AK", he said "So? You still need a license" :rolleyes: . Then, when I got it, he asked if he could shoot it, I told him, "Lemme see your license, and maybe you can let of a few rounds". :D

Are you Irish? J/K :haha:

I used to get shit at Walmart all the time when I'd buy 9mm ammo in bulk. I'd ask them how much 9mm Winchester white box ammo they had and then get a stupid answer like, well how much do you want. I'd then ask again exactly how much they had which was usually about 1000 rounds and tell them OK. They'd look at me and ask, OK what? I'd then say that I'm gonna take it all and then the comments would start. Why in the fuck do these people assume that since you buy a thousand rounds at a time you're gonna go on a crime spree. If I was going on a crime spree I'd come in and steal the thousand rounds, not pay for it LOL.

Actually a lot people still figure military looking firearms are still banned.

My sons pre-school teacher was a competitive rifle shooter, she wanted to get an AR15 for around the farm and she asked me if they were still banned and if you needed a license for one...

I told her "Nope! ... just head on down to Tri-state sporting goods, fill out a 4473 and she could take home an AR that day"...

She said she'd have to look into it, cool thing too, she only lives 5 minutes up the road and has acreage to shoot on!!

Surprisingly the closest one to me carries 7.62.x39.

I've heard a story once of a LEO who purchased a rifle and the counter-person wouldn't let him walk out of the store with it. He\She gave it to him once they got outside.

Actually another wally world did that to me when i bought a 10/22 there last year. Frankly that doesn't bother me that much - hell i could have a loaded mag in my pocket and just slap it in there as i walked to the front of the store.....but it is a little harder to hide a 308 under your coat (BobAsh's fine pistol excepted), and then buy some 308 shells to cause trouble with.....sheesh!

Surprisingly the closest one to me carries 7.62.x39.

I've heard a story once of a LEO who purchased a rifle and the counter-person wouldn't let him walk out of the store with it. He\She gave it to him once they got outside.

Nothing strange about it at all. Simple, everyday S.O.P. for safety reasons. No exceptions.

Many years ago when I was in law enforcement (yes, we used revolvers and had no body armor but, no, we did not ride around on dinosaurs) I wanted to get a short-barreled .38 for off-duty carry (would beat the heck out of a 4" S&W Model 19 with full-saze grips). The store could not have cared less about my being an LEO. Said I still had to wait the waiting period, etc, etc.

These particular rules are there for a purpose and not to insult, imply anything about anyone in general or you in particular.

Edited by Aethelbert

:lolol: Here I am correcting someone, and yet I use poor grammar in the same post :rolleyes: . Touché ma'am, touché. BUT, I actually do have a tiny percentage of Irish in me (I'm a mutt of many breeds:D ), so maybe we can let is slide this one time? :blush: Off to crawl under a rock to let the ego heal :lolol: .

:lolol: Here I am correcting someone, and yet I use poor grammar in the same post :rolleyes: . Touché ma'am, touché. BUT, I actually do have a tiny percentage of Irish in me (I'm a mutt of many breeds:D ), so maybe we can let is slide this one time? :blush: Off to crawl under a rock to let the ego heal :lolol: .

Got a wee bit of Irish in me too so don't sweat it. Bit of German. Bit of Cherokee. But mainly a Brit. By definition, I'm an American. Period. Sorry, but that just struck me as funny and I couldn't help myself!

Got a wee bit of Irish in me too so don't sweat it. Bit of German. Bit of Cherokee. But mainly a Brit. By definition, I'm an American. Period. Sorry, but that just struck me as funny and I couldn't help myself!

Fair enough :D .

maybe it's just me living in Texas, but no one seems to give a shit here, even if they don't normally run the sporting goods counter. When I get .40 cal at walmart I'll tend to buy at LEAST 500 rounds, and the indian guy thats usually there just shrugs and heads to the back. Then at academy EVERYONE there shoots so that's no biggie. The best place to go and talk shop is the gun shop- these guys are like us, and they almost without fail open carry. The day I bought my saiga we yakked it up over 2 hours about everything from German tanks to brass vs steel debates.

I bought me a new CZ 527 in 7.62x39 yesterday, took off work early to go site in the scope, stopped by wally world to get some better ammo than all the wolf I have. NO ONE was in sporting goods, after waiting / looking for someone, I asked the goofy girl chasing fish in the tank if anyone was working in sporting goods today because I needed some ammo, stupid girl told me to just get it off the shelf, when I told her I wanted rifle bullets not shotgun shells, she then told me "they where all at lunch". That company has gone to hell in a hand basket, but there again, look at the idiots that they have, hiring the idiots to work there. Not all of their employees are stupid fools, just about 98%.

And I resemble that remark about Irish, the wife is mucho Cherokee, but at times, I tend to think that she's 100% APACHE. :):)

well if you saw the school I work at, and the students that attend- you'd know EXACTLY why these people are human wastelands. This is what the system produces folks- garbage in, garbage out. Not a week goes by when one of the teachers/staff cries, literally breaks down in tears. usually its one of the older teachers that regrets having to teach ONLY what will be on the TAKS test and absolutely nothing else.

A whole generation of walmart and mcdonalds employees.

To be fair- Walmart used to have people that built careers there. Until the Walton siblings got their inheritance.

Edited by dayan inikhaton

I wish someone would act ignorant like that when I am buying something.

Theres no sense in trying to correct his ignorance.

Remix version:

Him: what ammo you need?

Dog: 308

Him: Going hunting?

Dog: Elephant hunting in Anartica

Him: oh...i don't know i've never hunted....

Him: so what you gun you have

Dog: Saiga

Him: Whats that?

Dog: Super accurate Russian prototype rifle. It costs more than what you make in a month.

Him: oh you mean an SKS

Dog: No its much deadlier

Him: you got an AK-47?

Dog: No its much more advanced. Do you even know what ak-47 stands for?

Him: oh, ya know those AK's are really inaccurate, the barrel just bounces all over.

Dog: Thats because people buy the wrong ammunition for them. Its hard to find real Russian 9mm death talons that are legal. Those turn an AK into the most accurate rifle in the world.

Him: well you know those AK's are only $100, and you can make them full auto with just a minor adjustment.

Dog: Actually $19.95 on sale when you can find them. Not anyone can make a full auto ak. You have to have a special tool only sold in Mexico by the Cocaine cartel. I know where the last known one is buried, but I couldn't tell you because then I would have to kill you with Ninja needles.

Him: Well my buddy has one he made full auto

Dog: It must not be very accurate since he probably doesn't have the secrete tool. Did you or your buddy shoot it without a license from the Senate? If you did, black helicopters might arrive on April 20th at 4:20 pm to abduct you.The aliens need stem cells for human cloning research.

Him: oh really, see i don't know, maybe his isn't full auto

Dog: If it was, Dick Cheney would already know about it. So it probably isn't.

Him: Well i'm gonna be a cop, and i'm all for people having guns but i don't know why people need M-60's in the basement, what do the need to do.... cut a car in half?

Dog: To shoot down black helicopters DUH! The M60 is the only gun that can fire depleted uranium bullets that can defeat the black helicopter force fields.

Him: Well gangs just convert AKs and and mac-10s all the time it's easy to convert any semi auto.

Dog: Only if the gangs are MS 17 and have the cartel tool. Its not as easy as they make it seem

on those rap videos. And trust me, you can't even shoot an ak-47 full auto unless you buy full auto bullets which can only be bought in India.

Him: Well you just file down a part here and there....

Dog: It sounds like you want to work for the cartel. I can hook you up, but if your weapons don't work when the SHTF the bosses will fix you up with a Columbian neck tie. Capiche.

Him: oh yeah....i see, thats not safe

I was visiting New Jersey one time and needed some ammo so I went to WalMart. I searched all around the sporting goods area but couldn't find the ammo. There was none in the case behind the counter either and no one around. Finally, I found some employees loitering in electronics and asked them where the ammunition was kept. The boy and girl looked at me with horror and the girl said, "Ammunition? You mean for a gun!?!?" I said, "uh, yeah" and she said "We don't sell that!" Then the boy told me I had to go to a gun store for that.

Most of the Walmart employees have the same name.... Richard Cranium. We can't say their real name in public for fear of offending them. I just call an ACE a ACE and a SPADE a SPADE, guess that's why I get in deep doo doo sometimes, and YES, I have called some of the local wally world employees by this, MANY times. Hey asshole, bow up on me, I was only telling you "how great a job you where doing", stupid asshole starts screaming at the camera that caught me on video insulting him, NO, it caught you moving toward me in a threatening manner, they don't have sound on the camera's (that is an invasion of privacy). All you have to do is to be seen, acting in a friendly manner, smile, high five, and then extend your arms as if to offer a hug, for "job well done", but ALWAYS smile, even while telling the worthless brain dead no count piece of shit, what you really think. When the managers come a running and apologize, offering the world for you not to sue them, just smile and say, FIRE THE PRICK NOW. It's fun to get older and think that these young pricks think we are stupid. :):) I actually like wally world hiring these stupid pricks, it gives me something to do when I'm bored, and with Christmas coming, it won't take much to turn up their stress level, because after all, WE are the customers, our $$$$ pays their pay check, without us, they have no $$$$. OH, wait a minute, I stand corrected, the guserment will pays dim when days got no money, there again, our money being pissed away. I am NOT discriminating, so I'll post what the other kids also will say, the guserment will pays us's win we taint gots no monies. Wat yo lookin at, I taint axed yo nuttin. :):)

SPEAK ENGLISH PLEASE. I think I'll have to visit wally world in the morning for some ammo. :):)