Aethelbert needs our thoughts and prayers!

Aethelbert has informed me that he has been diagnosed with Spinal Cancer.

He has been cancer free for 6 years, however recent scans and Xrays have found cancer in his spine.

I do not think he has been given a number for the level he is at yet, as this news is rather new.

The BIG testing comes on Mon. Jan 14th.

All I know is we have yet another brother in need, I feel our prayers/thoughts have helped others here in recent past, either it be the hand of God, or the power of positive thought knowing others are concerned about you. So, All I ask is to please let him know he's got your support.

I would also like to provide an update on his granddaughter, Whom you may recall from this thread.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry175789

I know she could still use your prayers as well.

From Aethelbert:

My granddaughter recently pulled herself up to a standing position. Used both hands to do this and her right foot and leg took the strain. This progress is so much faster than they had thought possible. For that I give God the glory and also thank you for your prayers and those of your church.

post-157-1193884011_thumb.jpg

David we are right here for you brother. You are always welcome in my home, as you always have been, and you are always in our hearts. We are praying for you my friend. And you know that is a big plus coming from me...I'm digging deep this time.

Good luck brother!

Dave, I already told you I was praying and will continue to do so. I've also passed on a prayer request to some friends of mine. You hang in there and stay in touch as best you can. Hope to see you over here again soon! Take care my friend.

I've been staring at my keyboard trying to think of something to say. Everything I come up with sounds rather hollow. I'm sorry you and you're granddaughter are having to face these situations. We're thinking of you here, and hoping for a full recovery of you both.

God bless you and your family during this trying time. I have been through it with my own family and I know that it can be an incredible fight. I will pray for your strength in the days to come.

David, our thoughts are with you in the battle ahead. I've worked with a lot of cancer patients in my time. Attitude is everything, be strong, be with those you love for support, and keep on fighting. Take care of yourself.

Dave, I feel the best thing you can do is to stay strong and positive. Refuse and resist. We are in your corner! One of my life long friend's father was diagnosed with cancer back in '98. It crushed his will so bad that he died within 10 days of the diagnosis. Stay strong and defiant!

I have not had the opportunity to meet you as I am relatively new to the family here, but we are brothers in the battle. If you beat the beast back once, you have to continue to believe that you can do it again. Seeing the picture of that lovely young lady, gives you every reason to continue in the fight. When the Docs get results from your upcoming testing and they start assigning statistics and numbers, you have to continue to believe that you can do it. If the numbers are one in ......., you have to remember that you are that one. I wish you and your family all the strength and faith that you may need in the coming days, weeks months and years ahead. May you see her walk down the aisle when she graduates kindergarten, high school, college and gets married. Best wishes, Fatboy

Edited by Fatboy