New Shotgun -w- 16 round drum

Caspian.

XD with Grip, trigger AND physical lock safety? Like a latch thumb operated safety?

If that's true, I'm going to have to sell my xd .45 and get a new one. My only regret about the xd is that it has no thumb-latch safety.

correct. all the traditional safties of the XD PLUS a frame mounted ambi low profile thumb safety. very nice.

xd45-safety-3.jpg

SHIT!

Now I really do have to trade in the old one on a new one... /sigh.

Maybe this time I'll get the 9mm subcompact instead of the .45 4"....

Try a Glock. It's a superior combat handgun. And no switches to fuck with. Point Shoot.... Wait.... Fuck.... My safety something is on. Some people people get killed because of safeties. Don't be one of those people. FMJ.
Try a Glock. It's a superior combat handgun. And no switches to fuck with. Point Shoot.... Wait.... Fuck.... My safety something is on. Some people people get killed because of safeties. Don't be one of those people. FMJ.

guess it all depends on how you train. if you lack the muscle memory to drop the safety, then you probably shouldn't be handling a gun in a stressful situation. that will get you killed.

i'm not saying the XD design needs another safety. however, if you have trained with a 1911 for the past 12 years, you now have a great option w/o changing technique.

caspian

The pros were: compact size, balanced load, and slim mag design.

Is that some kind of a joke? The balance of the gun is going to vary dramatically when emptying the magazine! At least in the Saiga it's in the middle of gun so that empty and full doesn't matter as much.

Also, "OOOoooOOOOO" on that XD manual safety. I don't like guns without them.

I agree, but lets just ignore balance for a moment. Having that much weight FORWARD of your elbow is a bitch to hold up. That is the reason the ammo holding sling is never used. You only have to try it once to know why!

My elbow is a bit too torn up to really enjoy shooting 100 rounds in an 870. 16 rounds out front under the barrel is a young mans game regardless of balance. At 44, I am more than half dead. M60 shooters may like it.

Speaking of elbows (and writsts), having to twist that mag, that is another negative. Would suck from the prone position too.

Edited by Zoub

At least some one in the US is at least trying. Where are the big gun companies? Many of them believe the fire arm has been perfected in the 1950's many new ideas will come forward few will make it.

At least some one in the US is at least trying. Where are the big gun companies? Many of them believe the fire arm has been perfected in the 1950's many new ideas will come forward few will make it.

Nice positive touch, in real life I bet you are a fairly nice guy? You are right, it does not cost us a dime for them to try. For civillians, I say what is next after the Saiga and the Benelli? Lets face it, shotgun guys are really Desrtucitve Device wanna be types.

I just pulled this from a a post on ARFCOM in the shotgun forum:

Here's SMGLee's commentary on the weapon after actually handling it at SHOT:

SRM Arms has this very novel shotgun, somewhat in tune with the Neostead Shotgun from SA, but this shot gun is semi auto vs. a pump. the helical magazine isn't a true helical like the Calico, it require the shooter to turn the magazine manually once the tube has been expanded. the short barrel hold two per tube and total of eight with one down the pipe.. the long gun can handle upto four per tube with a total capacity of 16 rounds and one down the tube.

I can shoot a benelli faster with nine rounds then this shotgun can do.. although reloading would be slower, but the big magazine would be difficult to carry. and fire two rounds and turn the mag is not exact fast, and if you fired off the two round or the four in the long barrel version, the bolt will lock back. so you have to turn the tube and slam home the bolt... not exact very user friendly. Maybe this is a good design that I just do not realize, maybe I am just old school. but even with four rounds per tube, you have to remember to fire only four and turn the tube or you would lengthen the time by having to slam home the bolt. and als the magazine latch is position at the front of the shotgun, it would limit the placement of your support hand and also could be dangerous if you hand ever got in the way.....I guess you know by now I don't like this design? LOL.

It's a semi auto 12 gauge bullpup. Even if they just come up with a plain 4 round tube for it that you can reload like a pump shotty tube- its still pretty neat.

bullpup? if it is, it wont be by much... look at where the ejection port is and where the tube feeds.

calling it a real bullpup might be stretching it a little.

• 1 year later...

after seeing the sheer massiveness of the Halo p90 abortion, (no offence if it does come out eventually, im just not holding my breath, though i will buy the magazines and put them on another gun if it ever does) that looks like a great solution, and if brvt finds out anything, it will be interesting to see if any progress has come to pass in the last year.

If it doesnt come out, im sure you could roll your own with one of the multiple tube magazines that EDIT: are already on the market have been announced and never come to pass. What is up with firearm manufacturers being the least followthroughative of any industry on earth? I cant remember the name of the first one, but id think the xrail would work.

xrailgc-tm.jpg

Edited by ReverendFranz
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like I am going to try to get by there next week to check this out. So... is there any questions you would like me to ask and have answered. BE SPECIFIC! And post your question in your reply like this-

(example) Question 1: Will your shotgun make it easier to save the world in the inevitable zombie apocalypse?

(example) Question 2: Would Tony Rumore refer to this gun as a "Valley Bitch" gun, and why?

You get the idea.

Edited by brvt1000

Hadn't seen a price for them before and a comment on that page claims we'll see 'em at the end of the year. The price tag isn't unexpected, but man that sucks...in the end it's still just a shotgun, and that price puts it in the range of a lot of good tack drivers I'd rather have, but still can't afford.