New DIY Conversion Part from Tromix (pic)

Here's a new Do-It-Yourself, bolt on Saiga-12 trigger guard, grip nut, and safety stop all in one unit.

Threaded inserts will be shot into the three holes. To install, just tear off the OEM trigger plate, knock out the old rivets and and screw this in place. You will have your pistol grip conversion done in about 5 minutes with this part.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

TGAssembly.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a new Do-It-Yourself, bolt on Saiga-12 trigger guard, grip nut, and safety stop all in one unit.

Threaded inserts will be shot into the three holes. To install, just tear off the OEM trigger plate, knock out the old rivets and and screw this in place. You will have your pistol grip conversion done in about 5 minutes with this part.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

TGAssembly.jpg

As if you needed to be told it again but

Tony you freaking Rock!!!!

There is really no need to "sign up". As soon as I have them in hand, I will ship a large batch to www.mississippiautoarms.com and they will distribute them. I will make an announcement at that time.

The following parts are "in work" and will be available shortly.

1. Tromix Hand Guard for 19" and 22" guns. (3 weeks out)

2. Tromix Flash Hider, similar to the Russion unit. (4 weeks out)

3. New Trigger Guard/Grip Nut Assembly (4 weeks out)

This is a very cool product. Its the only part of a conversion that left me unsatisfied.....staring at that crappy round trigger guard.

I'm glad I didn't weld up my .410 conversion,now it can look like my Tromix S-12. :super:

Thanks Tony!

Very nice! I was planning on converting one this weekend, but will hold off until MS Auto has these in stock. If the plain Tromix trigger guards go for $15, what do you estimate this will retail for? $20-25?

Very innovative design!

I was kind of thinking though, could the flange around the grip nut be made a little bigger to help serve as a grip plate type reinforcement?

If he's working from strip stock, that means 2 extra welds. More welds equals more money and slower production. I wonder if maybe a stamped grip plate that slips between the nut and the reciever would be more economical?

NICE~!

Wonder if they will come pre-finished black? I think I'll get one and try my luck with a spare S12.

Looks like a great design Tony!

Patent it (*single piece construction).

!!

+1 I'd definately pay to have it come with the moly.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

TGAssembly.jpg

will it come with screws and the threaded inserts?

Yes, it will come with all the hardware and inserts shot in, so you can just bolt it up and you're good to go.

It's probably going to run more then $25 though. If it were a simple sheet metal part like the weld-in Tromix trigger guard, it would be cheap, but that threaded weldment for the pistol grip hanger is really going to drive up the cost. You can't just stamp that out. Maybe Bob Ash can chime in here......he knows more about that shit then anyone here.

Tony

Forgot to add, Tony this is an awsome idea. You took the pg nut hole cutting part out of the conversion, about the hardest thing to do if you don't have a machine shop. Even if you're skilled with a dremmel, it takes a LOT of time, steady hands, and patience. Way to go on this.

don't think any one would blink at 45.00 to save that time!

No kiddin! That would be a great deal if it were also finished in semi-gloss or flat black.

Sure enough! Pre-finish those bad boys in flat black and I'll cough up the funds.

Forgot to add, Tony this is an awsome idea. You took the pg nut hole cutting part out of the conversion, about the hardest thing to do if you don't have a machine shop. Even if you're skilled with a dremmel, it takes a LOT of time, steady hands, and patience. Way to go on this.

what he said!.....

now i want one for the rifles too!.....hell.....if you had one for the rifles i'd likekly my x39 conversion since the P-grip hole was no quite perfect when i cut it.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

TGAssembly.jpg

Tony my hat is off to you for that! You will sell a bizzillion of them