Why is my new $1200 Arsenal Krinkov rougher than my $339 Sai

SOPMOD -- will this do?

I had a buddy buy one of those and he said it was soft as butter.Makes me wonder if it's for an airsoft gun,LOL

Yeah, the order of magnitude difference in price made me wonder as well. Still, for $38...

They also have an AK-105 FSB for $108. Would that work?

• Like 1
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is over a year old. Yes, sopmod got a shitty unit, but it was the exception not the rule. Arsenal puts out a great product.

Yeah, the order of magnitude difference in price made me wonder as well. Still, for $38...   They also have an AK-105 FSB for $108. Would that work?

SOPMOD -- will this do?

I had a buddy buy one of those and he said it was soft as butter.Makes me wonder if it's for an airsoft gun,LOL

Yeah, the order of magnitude difference in price made me wonder as well. Still, for $38...

They also have an AK-105 FSB for $108. Would that work?

I'm tempted to order them just to see,put them on the rockwell machine and see if they give a good signal but I think they are castings used for airsoft guns.mild steel,very soft and if they are MIM then they wouldn't hold up very well even if you hardened them.

Be cool for building up a Krinkov clone on a WASR22 though wouldn't it?

I asked them if they would pull an FS/GB from one of the other rifles they have in stock( SLR-106UR) and swap mine out and they said they didn't have any that looked better than mine.Well how about the one in the picture on their website?

Looks better than mine don't you think?

slr106ur.jpg

At least it isn't visibly bent/warped forward 5 degrees like mine was.They won't knock that off of there and put it on my rifle that I already bought?

Shameful!

http://www.arsenalinc.com/

OMFG!!

'

They are giving me the run around about shipping my rifle back to me!!!

They told me they weren't going to fix it and that I was fucked unless I wanted to accept a $900 refund for a $1200+ dollar rifle and I finally caved and said ship it back and the guy said he would have me a tracking number and ship it out next day air yesterday afternoon and now for some unknown reason they can't give me a tracking number?

Seriously when will this end?

I am so sick of talking to these people and being lied to day after day I could explode!

I let them keep my rifle over 2 months before making any demands,I said I would let all of the other cosmetic defect slide if they would just give me a gas block(new or used) that wasn't warped,threads beat flat,ect and they told me they wouldn't do it?

I just got a lecture from Nadia about how this was a "beautiful rifle" and I didn't know what I was talking about.

Is this a "beautiful rifle"?

SLR-107URUnusableGasBlockThreads2.jpg

Edited by SOPMOD

Update: 5/6/2009

Got my SLR-107 UR back today and they actually fixed a few of the issues!

I got a new Gas Tube(perfect not crooked or buggered up at all)

New Recoil Spring Guide(virgin not ground on with an angle grinder)

Chased the threads on the FS/GB(still not quite right but waaay better)

and it looks like they bent the gas piston rest of the FS/GB back down to parallel with the bore(did that fatigue the metal??)

Lightened the trigger to a much more reasonable 6-7lbs

While I am not 100% satisfied I will have to give their man Bristol his props for trying to take care of everything he was allowed to before sending the rifle back to me.

I will post pics of the repairs/replacements this evening

• 2 weeks later...

Well,still no luck and no K-Var credit towards finally fixing this piece of Krinkov shaped junk.I guess Bristol forgot about "making it up to me" or he got a wrench thrown into his plans before he could do anything for me.I am about to press off the gas block/front sight base to send it off to have it analyzed by an NDE outfit to see if it's stress fractured and ready to crack like Bretak74's did but at least they replaced his(I guess they still had access to the parts) but I will continue to update my threads on various websites until this thing is either adequately repaired or until it fails(I'm betting on the latter).

Their New Motto:

"Arsenal Inc Rifles,too fubared to sell off and to expensive to throw in the garbage where they belong"

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I got one of those AK front sight tools, and let me tell you, worst $10 I ever spent. All it does is scratch paint.

That's what I thought until some guy on this forum suggested using the claw of a hammer for extra leverage when adjusting the windage. Worked like a charm.

Man that thing looked TERRIBLE! I can't believe the treatment you have received from them. I have an SGL-21 and I am more than happy with it, but your story is enough to make me avoid Arsenal in the future.

As for the trigger, the scary thing is that wasn't a defective part...that simply is their 2-stage trigger. That "sharp bur" is the "second stage". I've installed two of them and have one in the SGL, they all were just as crappy as yours. Two of mine were so rough the trigger wouldn't even reset, it would get hung up on the hammer face. By far the worst triggers I've ever felt on ANY gun. It's insulting that they not only sell them, but on top of that they charge a premium price for them. I ended up filing off the "second stage" and polishing everything up. I ended up with some decent triggers, but no different than any other trigger that costs half as much.

Why is it always some new guys first post when he bumps a really old thread, for no real reason?

I've lost count of how many times I've seen a guys first post be a reply of something short and simple like "I agree" to someone's random post in an ancient thread. :lolol: Not hating or anything, I just think it's funny.

(....now I'm going to find one of the oldest posts I can, and give it a bump. :devil:EDIT: click me. )

Edited by -Shooter-

Well since honesty prevents you from re-selling this one, contact Arsenal and raise hell until they ship you a new replacement. $1200 is a wad of cash to have to swallow on a hack job...

Edited by Jpanzer
  • 2 weeks later...

Well since honesty prevents you from re-selling this one, contact Arsenal and raise hell until they ship you a new replacement. $1200 is a wad of cash to have to swallow on a hack job...

I would still be happy with a new FS/GB but they wouldn't even do that. I have done my best to "make a silk purse from a sow's ear" but I still can't help but think about my cockeyed gas block being obviously beaten to hell with a hammer so that the gas piston wouldn't hang up on it's way into the gas block manifold.

All of this being said I still consider the 7.62 Krink to be the ultimate UO weapon. Handy and reliable like an MP5 but enough power to break up a fully grouted block wall or crack a 2 ton trucks engine block.

I'd still like to have another one that wasn't beat to hell new from the factory but when that time comes I will be using a Krink Kit and a 7.62 Saiga instead of taking my chances with Arse-Anal Inc.

• 7 months later...

first and foremost SOPMOD, how well was it packaged? i have bought several weapons online and when i recieved them, the boxes looked less than shabby. i had to send 2 of them back to the manufacturer to be repaired or replaced.

i have an sgl 31 that i had to send back for repair work that i wasnt happy with, but it really didnt bother me cuz it had to be done. i bitched about it to the lady over the phone and she gave me an RMA. i was only out the rifle for a little over 2 weeks. from what i hear its a good turn around time for arsenal. some of that looks to have possibly been shipping damage but not all of it. def. let them know.

i wouldnt sell it and pass it on to be someone elses problem. thats just shitty. give them the chance to make it right and see how it goes from there. if they dont fix it, then spread the word. i love mine, but hell if you aint happy then you aint happy. i wouldnt be happy with it either in its current state.

never mind the above. i didnt realize it was a year old.

Edited by Captain Hero

Well, clearly your rifle works, however you were buying this gun at 1200$ because you wanted it to look cool, which it does but upon inspection the gun is showing that they used an old parts kit and or someone was a retard at installing it.

Basically, though, the cosmetic damage to the gun is mostly irreparable.

For 800$ it would have been a cool pickup, for 1200$ you got reamed

Edited by Joebanks

Now that i see the pictures reposted, i've got to say, Those look amazing! they need to start making those improvements to the factory product,

i love the couture of the asymmetrical gas tube hand guard retainer, but my Favorited is the puckered rivets! AAA+ gun man

And the Hammer Forged Gas block is beautiful!

Edited by Joebanks

its interesting seeing this thread. i had been contemplating whether i should get an Arsenal AK, or an unconverted 7.62x39 saiga. i was leaning towards the saiga, converting it myself and putting some nice classic wood AK furniture on it. but now, my mind is made up. saiga it is. im not gonna bother with Arsenal. at best, they are twice the cost of an unconverted saiga.

• Like 1

the Hammer Forged Gas block is beautiful!

Yes, Cold Hammer Forged Gas Block,lol

I am surprised Vartan's mail order Bulgarian Poptart sextoy that answers the phone when all of the men are to busy hiding from customers didn't tell me some crap like that ;)

• 1 month later...

The poll didn't offer a fly to Nevada with 4 drums and torch the plant option!:killer:

i dont think thats a good idea. but maybe a very angry letter is in order.

lol

realistically though, the best thing is to alert others to potential issues to prevent more people from buying flawed rifles for the price of a pristine rifle