Now that's why you don't rob a Burger King

Another dead scum bag.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-n...ory/965735.html

One man was killed and another seriously wounded in a shootout inside a Miami Burger King on Tuesday, officials said.

Police said a man wearing a ski mask walked into the store at Biscayne Boulevard and 54th Street and demanded money from a clerk.

A customer, who has a concealed weapons permit, pulled a gun, said Officer Jeff Giordano, a Miami police spokesman.

The customer and robber exchanged fire.

The robber was shot dead at the scene.

The customer, who had several gunshot wounds, was taken to Ryder Trauma Center in serious but stable condition, said Lt. Ignatius Carroll, a Miami Fire Rescue spokesman.

At about 4 p.m., officials got several 911 calls reporting people shot inside the Burger King.

Did he have an assault rifle? Was he a supressed minority? Was he given the proper warning? Why did't he shoot him in the leg or something? Did he really need to shoot the guy in the first place, wouldn't he been happy with just taking the money? Did he shoot him with hollow points? Was he properly trained with that weapon? Is there someone we can sue for this? Did he suffer after he was shot? How can we blame Bush for this?

What are stand your groung laws?

In fagotty states they say that you have a "duty to retreat" when facing a deadly threat and unless you can demonstrate that retreat was not possible then you can get manslaughter for shooting an armed robber.

Stand your ground laws mean you don't have to prove you cuoldn't retreat and when someone poses a lethal threat in your presence you can burn them down without fear of prosecution.

Did he have an assault rifle? Was he a supressed minority? Was he given the proper warning? Why did't he shoot him in the leg or something? Did he really need to shoot the guy in the first place, wouldn't he been happy with just taking the money? Did he shoot him with hollow points? Was he properly trained with that weapon? Is there someone we can sue for this? Did he suffer after he was shot? How can we blame Bush for this?

Very well said Hallboss!! Perhaps we could add:

Can the ex-felon's family sue the firearm or bullet manufacturers because his weapon obviously didn't work as well as the customer's??

QUOTE (hallboss @ Mar 25 2009, 12:34 AM)

Very well said Hallboss!! Perhaps we could add:

Can the ex-felon's family sue the firearm or bullet manufacturers because his weapon obviously didn't work as well as the customer's??

Not to mention their LOSS OF INCOME... :lol:

:smoke:

Stand Your Ground Laws mean a state is fucking awesome. They were going to originally call it Fucking Awesome Laws but they wanted to be more professional about it.

:haha2:

+1 That is fucking awesome! What other states have this?

Somehow I think our hero is going to get screwed in the end on this one. Scumbag makes a decision to act stupid, hero

drops the bad guy and in the process gets shot. Hero receives a big fat hospital bill for digging out slugs. If he doesn't have insurance not good. If he has insurance the insurance company can take a position that "patient is responsible".

I hope it does not turn out this way. My position would be that the King should pick up the tab and Woppers for life.

Just a thought,

Yakdung

+1 That is fucking awesome! What other states have this?

i know texas has the castle doctrine and i heard florida does too. might be the same thing, just a different term. the statutes on the justified use of a deadly force state that you can protect a third party, and nowhere does it say you have to tell them to stop, call 911, or spray them with mace first. deadly force is deadly force, doesn't matter if its a brick or a gun, whether you shoot to wound or shoot to kill. if you are justified, you are granted immunity from civil suits and criminal charges

texas legislature really did a good job a couple years ago putting common sense into defense laws

as for the customer, sucks he got shot up. hopefully he'll pull through without any disabilities. i wonder if he tried to give the crook a chance to go to jail instead of just shooting him in the head.

i think the customer should sue the crook's estate for his injuries. if not for money, just to prove the point.

i know texas has the castle doctrine and i heard florida does too. might be the same thing, just a different term.

AFIK, 'Castle Doctrine' generally refers to defending your home, and the 'Stand Your Ground' laws apply when you are not at home (but are somewhere you are legally allowed to be).

i know texas has the castle doctrine and i heard florida does too. might be the same thing, just a different term.

AFIK, 'Castle Doctrine' generally refers to defending your home, and the 'Stand Your Ground' laws apply when you are not at home (but are somewhere you are legally allowed to be).

True, the Castle doctrine allows one to use deadly force day or night against a perceived treath in his home except when the threat is from a resident of the home (self defense laws still applies in that case).

That's why you don't yell "freeze dirt bag!"

Just pull the trigger!

That reminds me of a quick way to get ones butt chewed during my time at ILEA. LT. Randy Davis and Lt. Paul Whitesell taught many of the felony situation scenarios. If the instructors caught you shouting the words "freeze" you would be scolded, made to do pushups, hit upside the head. Apparently a lawyer achieved some success that the word "stop" should have been used instead of "freeze" in a case. It's really amazing how "nitpicky" this stuff can get.

Stand Your Ground Laws mean a state is fucking awesome. They were going to originally call it Fucking Awesome Laws but they wanted to be more professional about it.

My flabber is officially gasted.