I just clicked on the Atlantic Firearms banner (the small one) and it took me to their site.

What's the problem bro?

Maybe if anything, we could see if Max could add another row of the smaller banners below the existing one?

I'm talking about the company logo/picture each company has, beneath their name on the main page, in the vendor section.

(See attached picture below)

I imagine making them hotlinks would be easy enough for whoever has the power. Like I said, it would be an easier way for potential customers to get to the websites. I mean, the pictures are already there, why not just make them "hot" and clickable.

I don't know if you guys (Mods) have the powers to do this, or if you'd have to pass it on to Max.........but I have an idea.

Up at the top, there's those clickable links for the Business Members. It's all good, but the banner can only show 8 links at a time. Now that we have so many Business Members here, that leaves out a lot of them, on any given rotation.

So I was thinking it would be cool if the pictures that are below each business name in the vendor section could be made into a link to their website (just like the banner up top).

The only other way to get a link to their sites, is to manually find a post of theirs, and hope they have a link in their sig-line (DPH, put a damn link in your sig!!!! :D )......or hope you catch the banner up top on a rotation that displays the link you're looking for.

I think it would make finding their sites (and potentially, making them more money) a lot easier.

What say you, Mods?

Dude.... you need me to serf the web FOR you!!!???? LOL!! J/K!!!! :haha:

Most of them already do....

I know what you mean. I'm not talking about me personally. Between my browser bookmarks and just plain remembering certain vendor's web addresses, I have no trouble finding what I need.

But if someone is not on their own comp, or is new to the site, etc., having a clickable link available is good for the vendors. Maybe even as of last year or so, the 8 up top would have been enough. But now there's so many vendors, 8 clickable banners at a time up top on any given random rotation, leaves out a bunch of other vendors.

IDK, I just thought it would be good for the guys paying money to advertise here, to have the picture that is already showing, to be clickable. Traffic = $$ for them.

post-5916-1247973940_thumb.jpg

Edited by 22_Shooter
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about re-labeling the General Discussion - "Any topic is welcome here", to something to the effect of, "General Discussion - Any topic not covered by the other sub-forums"? It seems like it is th

Where, I ask you, "Where is the Dislike button?"     I can only Like so much.

I'd like to be able to "like" moderator posts. I'm not suggesting that they should be able to "like" users for obvious reasons, but what harm would it cause for us to simply state our agreement to the

Posted Images

Oh I understand now. Good idea dude!

Good suggestion 22_Shooter!

Thanks fellas.

Cobra, for your hot-link, until you get a webpage, just have it go to a blank page with text that says "Fuck you, SaigaFuck!!!". :lol: Screw that jerkoff.

LOL! But then I would have to add a few other names on there just to be fair. They would start with Gheynew...mav......let's see now who else is there...? No, nevermind...not even gonna waste the brain power thinking of those other fucktards. :rolleyes:

the little ones take you to thier sites, as well as the big ones. Cadiz Gun Works predominantly uses this site and its vast resources in the Saiga community.

now, something to "do" for the staff, is sort out, and put up a "vodka special failure on saiga product" thread. remember, the warranty work that we get now sets us back on production stuff. we allot 1/2 hour per gun, and pretty much eat the rest, so Im not trying to pin an endorsement or anything. Maybe it would help the constant flaw issues, im saying, if there were something about warranty work /servicing in the FAQs section......maybe it would help clear up some repeat posts.....i dunno. I feel odd because my company does that. I do think it might help all of us, though.

ANYTHING to help solve the search problem and constant repeat post thing. yeh, it would help me a little, but wouldnt it help this site ?

....JUST tossing that out there....

• 2 weeks later...

How about enforce your rules uniformly?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=42965 and there are others.

Here is a yet another newbie selling something without being a business member with mods posting in the thread. While others who have done this have been quickly and harshly reprimanded for such actions and posts and threads removed.

I do not agree with the rule as some folks are just trying to make a few bucks or even just help to pay the bills and this is not their primary form of income. If the rule is no good then change it to accommodate small vendors like these. But do not single out some and let others slide.

• 1 month later...

What's up with Red Jacket's vendor sub-forum? Sometimes I can see it, sometimes I can't (the first time it 'disappeared,' I used Google to search for the "Welcome" topic. I could read it in Google's cache - but I'd get the board error message when I tried to click through to the live page).

Being logged in or out hasn't seemed to make a difference, but I haven't explicitly tested that.

Edited to add: when I log out, I can see the Red Jacket sub-forum. Logged in, I can't.

Edited by protected static
What's up with Red Jacket's vendor sub-forum? Sometimes I can see it, sometimes I can't (the first time it 'disappeared,' I used Google to search for the "Welcome" topic. I could read it in Google's cache - but I'd get the board error message when I tried to click through to the live page).

Being logged in or out hasn't seemed to make a difference, but I haven't explicitly tested that.

Edited to add: when I log out, I can see the Red Jacket sub-forum. Logged in, I can't.

That is odd..... Favor... if you have another browser, will you try it and let me know if it works or not????

if ANYONE else has this problem... please let us know...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a few suggestions for improving this site. Most are for making it more user friendly, particularly for newbies like me who come here looking for BASIC information. I think many of the things I'm suggesting would bring more people into this site, and reduce the number of redundant newb posts asking the same questions over and over ad nauseum. II think the 1st two suggestions are the most important ones IMO, though I think all of them are things that could improve this site. I just want to add that this is a GREAT site for Saiga enthusiast(easily THE BEST), and these suggestions are simply a way I think we can make a good thing even better.

1st - I think it would be helpful to have information on the Saiga BASICS, like information on the different models, their tech specs & features, and any important differences. Also some starter info on basic operations of the weapon would be useful. When I came here, I knew next to nothing about shotguns OR AKs, so I was very much in the dark and had a hard time getting started. Searching the web for info, I came across some posts from others in the same situation who came here looking for BASIC info on Saigas, only to find a bunch of technical modification info that was way over their heads.

As far as BASIC Saiga starter info, one other thing I think it would be helpful to post is the RAAC warranty. I've posted about this in a thread about that particular and strangely hidden bit of info, and for reasons that I totally do not understand, have been essentially told to fuck-off. I don't understand what the issue is, as I posted a number of reasonable and constructive(IMO) points detailing why I think that information should be made public, but was abruptly shut-down... ?!

2nd - Now that I have made the leap and bought a Saiga 12, I am in the very, very early stages of trying to plan the restoration/conversion. Now there are LOTS of posts here about the conversion process, which I think is one of this sites greatest strengths; however I have a suggestion that I think would be of great value to people in my position, or people looking to further modify their Saiga to fit their particular needs. I think it would be VERY helpful if their was a section that listed all of the conversion/modification parts and accessories available for the Saiga, organized by type, ie "FCGs", "stocks", "pistol grips", "magazines", "sights", etc. Then forum members could post their reviews/comments on each particular part.

3rd - I know many people posts question that have been asked and answered MANY times before, and while part of that is just people being lazy, I think part of that is the search function of this forum. IMO, it SUCKS. I have tried searching for simple things that have been discussed a LOT here and come up with NOTHING. I have also searched for very particular things that I'd think would bring up a few select posts, and gotten a flood of totally unrelated crap. I have used/been a member on dozens of very different forums, and while I don't know the technical details involved, I think this forum's search feature is weak. Eventually I gave-up/wised-up, and just started using Google to search this domain when I'm trying to find something, and have had MUCH more success. So I'm not sure what the solution to this problem is. Maybe the search engine can be changed, or a google/Saiga-12 domain search button could be added?

4th - Another feature in this forum that I have found very frustrating is trying to download pictures posted here. When I click on the thumbnail of a pic posted here, a flash window opens and displays the picture, and at the bottom it has some info, including how many times the picture has been downloaded. But when I right-click on the picture, I do not get the standard "save picture as" option in the drop down box, just a "save page as" option, which is a PITA because it downloads the html of the source page, and all the thumbnails. But that's not what I want dammit, I JUST want the full-size pic! I've asked about this, and have come up with something of a work-around, which is still a bit of a PITA. I suspect this problem has something to do with the flash interface, but damn, it would be great if I could find a way to just save the full-size pics without all the trouble.

Edited by GuyFoX

4th - Another feature in this forum that I have found very frustrating is trying to download pictures posted here. When I click on the thumbnail of a pic posted here, a flash window opens and displays the picture, and at the bottom it has some info, including how many times the picture has been downloaded. But when I right-click on the picture, I do not get the standard "save picture as" option in the drop down box, just a "save page as" option, which is a PITA because it downloads the html of the source page, and all the thumbnails. But that's not what I want dammit, I JUST want the full-size pic! I've asked about this, and have come up with something of a work-around, which is still a bit of a PITA. I suspect this problem has something to do with the flash interface, but damn, it would be great if I could find a way to just save the full-size pics without all the trouble.

Consider yourself "lucky". I just get a black blob with a white rotor of death on it (and never a picture to be seen).

If you control-click or middle-mouse-click the image, it'll open all by itself in a new window or tab and you can right-click it there and do what you want with it.

Just another reason I don't like flash.

• Like 1

Consider yourself "lucky". I just get a black blob with a white rotor of death on it (and never a picture to be seen).

If you control-click or middle-mouse-click the image, it'll open all by itself in a new window or tab and you can right-click it there and do what you want with it.

Just another reason I don't like flash.

Oh, wow, THANKS!!! The first time I tried middle-clicking I got the little white box with the "rotor of death" you are familiar with. I'm guessing this was because I had some torrents running, though they weren't really using much bandwidth(at least not downloading), though I have to wonder if I hit the wrong button too? After I refreshed the tab to get the death rotor out of the way, I tried ctrl-clicking the thumb, and BAM! The image popped up in a new tab! Then I tried middle-clicking again, and it worked this time and opened the pic in a new tab. YAY! Now I can actually make use of the picture post thread, THANK YOU! Hope it will load for you, I'm guessing it's either a bandwidth or software issue? And yeah, I don't like flash either.

So... I know I'm not the only person who has had this problem, it would probably help those having this problem to post a sticky mentioning the ctrl/middle-click solution for downloading images.

Update edit - SONUVA! Now I'm even more confused and frustrated, the ctrl/middle-click trick WAS working, and then I got to page 2, downloaded a few images, and all of a sudden it stopped working! WTF?!?!?! I can not think of any rational explanation for this, I'm just hating flash even more! Seriously, what the hell happened?! Is there any way to disable flash and just view in a simple/functional html format... or WHAT?! SOS!

Edited by GuyFoX
  • 1 month later...

Hey mods, every time I get on the forum now and want to post, the section (which I'm typing in now) seems to be overlapping other parts of the page. Obviously I can still write but if I write more than a paragraph I can't see what I'm writing. is this trouble on my end? or the forums?

Hey mods, every time I get on the forum now and want to post, the section (which I'm typing in now) seems to be overlapping other parts of the page. Obviously I can still write but if I write more than a paragraph I can't see what I'm writing. is this trouble on my end? or the forums?

Hmmmm... you running IE8 or firefox????

There are some problems with IE7....

Hmmmm... you running IE8 or firefox????

There are some problems with IE7....

Google Chrome works well too.

OK that took a grand total of 4 minutes to put Google Chrome on my computer and it automatically ported everything over.... I dig it....Thanks Paulyski. Juggs good call on that, I would have never thought of that. Thanks!!

Edited by YARP

LOL! I knew it would come to this, of course I'm running IE7..... OK google chrome you say?

Guys, it is time to stop using IE it is a POS, it is like the Hesse/Vulcan of the browser world. Get either Chrome, Firefox or Opera.

Sorry this is off topic, Juggernaut please don't squash me. :)

Edited by vbrtrmn
  • 10 months later...

Probably more along the lines of work for Mack, or whomever else has Administrator access.

1) Topic notifications are gone, no more email notifications.

Did the new (?) 'Watched Content ' sidebar on the forums homepage screw it up?

2) Find Topics / Find Posts doesn't seem to work. And I always found them very useful.

Instead of listing recent Topics/Posts, you're directed to the Search function... Which is cumbersome.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...